Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will Serato get Ryzen support?

Psythik 12:03 AM - 24 February, 2017
AMD's new Ryzen CPUs are just around the corner and from everything I've seen so far it appears that their new line of processors have better performance at a lower price than Intel's current offerings.

Historically Serato has not played well with AMD processors, but now that they are finally competitive with Intel again after lagging behind for so many years, can we expect to see Serato to have full support for Ryzen in the near future? The time is coming soon to upgrade my old i5-4670K, but before I jump ship to AMD I need to be sure that I won't run into any issues.
Manny C dot com 6:03 AM - 24 February, 2017
BUMP
deejdave 12:40 AM - 26 February, 2017
Probably not. Before this is called an upgrade the facts of compatibility must be disclosed. Since day one a given AMD processor fails in comparison to any given Intel processor of the same value.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:15 PM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:
AMD's new Ryzen CPUs are just around the corner and from everything I've seen so far it appears that their new line of processors have better performance at a lower price than Intel's current offerings.

Historically Serato has not played well with AMD processors, but now that they are finally competitive with Intel again after lagging behind for so many years, can we expect to see Serato to have full support for Ryzen in the near future? The time is coming soon to upgrade my old i5-4670K, but before I jump ship to AMD I need to be sure that I won't run into any issues.

Hey there,

Most of the newer, higher spec AMD processors do run Serato DJ without a problem. It's hard to give any confirmation on these processors but there is a good chance they'll run Serato DJ fine.

Cheers.
Lightning 6:05 PM - 7 March, 2017
I'm almost willing to speculate at this point after these chips might actually fair well on serato if compiled for (or with) AMD. We'll have to see when some mobile variants come out but they may be a god send for DJ's using video too.

I should have a Ryzen rig built here in a couple of months after all the dust settles and bugs get ironed out. I'm very curious to see how a 1700 stacks up against my slightly aging i7 Haswell with 8 cores in this area. At least we know that analyzing tacks will be twice as fast due to the core count.

Considering the core count, L2, cost and TDP....these actually might be better for music related tasks than Intel if the underlying software will properly support the architecture.
deejdave 10:36 PM - 7 March, 2017
History tends to repeat itself..........
VanQ 1:06 PM - 24 February, 2018
SAdly i can confirm that Serato randomly crashes (on my) Ryzen 1700X. Maybe Serato 2.0 will fix this, otherwise i have to find a cheap i3/i5 soon...