Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DVS and HID with one USB cable and Link cables

malucyk 6:45 AM - 23 February, 2017
Hi There,

Is there a way to use both Serato DVS and HID mode with 1 USB cable from the mixer?
The CDJs and Mixer are linked with patch cables and a switch.
Set up is 2 x CDJ-2000NXS2 and 900NXS2. I read this somewhere.

The CDJs show up some MIDI thing from USB-A???? Can't figure out how to assign this to Serato properly.

Works fine if I run direct USB from the CDJ's

Thanks,
Tommy Deem 11:26 AM - 23 February, 2017
youtube.com
Serato, Support
Jordan L 8:25 PM - 23 February, 2017
Hey there,

Little confused on what you mean by using DVS and HID with one cable? DVS will require RCA cables and HID would require the use of a USB cable. You would then have to select one option on the CDJ to use.

Cheers.
DJ Baby Boy 3:18 PM - 24 February, 2017
I've been curious about this myself with 2000's & 900NXS ... Jordan what I think he's asking is if he connects his CDJ & Mixer together with ethernet cables if that'll work to have just the single USB from the mixer and have HID capabilities from the CDJs still
Marv Incredible 1:21 PM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
if he connects his CDJ & Mixer together with ethernet cables if that'll work to have just the single USB from the mixer and have HID capabilities from the CDJs still

I was mixing on this same setup the other day and was wondering the same thing. It was in the middle of a gig so I wasn't able to test it out but I was definitely curious. I don't think it will work but it really ought to.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:24 PM - 25 February, 2017
I think it will be a neat feature. Then Mixers can have Lan Hubs/switches built in.

Connect CD Decks to Mixer via Lan cable Cat6 or so, then connect the mixer to Laptop via one USB 3.1 cable or Thunderbolt 3...Happy days.

One can only dream.

Can lan transmit midi data without any latency?