Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sudden slow, distorted audio in offline player - SSL

djaydnb 4:09 PM - 22 February, 2017
Hello,

Thought I would come here to find some help for a problem that has suddenly affected my offline player in Scratch Live. I have recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop as I was having some issues with my firmware and Windows 8.1

Everything has been working perfectly the last few days since the install. Then about an hour ago I went to analyse some new music and listen to a couple tracks on Soundcloud. After adding the music and checking out a couple of tracks I went back to Serato to preview some of the new music and suddenly the sound has became extremely distorted and is playing quite slow. Audio from Soundcloud is still working fine.

It's quite strange because this doesn't happen when the SL4 box is plugged in, all music is playing at the correct speed and the sound is perfect coming through the mixer. It also literally just started happening like an hour ago

I followed some older threads where people experienced the same sort of issue and I tried a couple of the troubleshooting methods like turning the sample rate to 44.1 and running SSL in compatibility mode. This has not solved the issue.. I know support for SSL is discontinued but I was hoping there would still be some people around using it who might have an idea of why this has happened all of a sudden. SDJ just doesn't work for me for various reasons, so upgrading to that is not an option

System Specs

Asus X550CC
Intel i7-3537U
12GB RAM
SSD 240GB
1TB HDD
DJ Tecniq 4:21 PM - 22 February, 2017
What operating system are you using for windows? I think Windows 8 is still supported in SSL or maybe it was Win 7. Can't remember.
DJ Tecniq 4:22 PM - 22 February, 2017
My other suggestion try any windows updates or update any updates for your machine?
djaydnb 4:28 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
What operating system are you using for windows? I think Windows 8 is still supported in SSL or maybe it was Win 7. Can't remember.

Windows 10 buddy, I can't go back to Windows 8 as it was causing some major issues with my chipset. Windows 10 has been working perfectly then out of nowhere this just started happening. Its really strange
djaydnb 6:58 PM - 22 February, 2017
Found a video of someone who is experiencing the same issue. Offline player sound is all distorted and slow, fine otherwise

Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 7:37 PM - 22 February, 2017
Hi djaydnb

Get in touch with our Support team by opening a Help Request below this message.
The team will be able to help you get up and running!

Cheers
Matt
djaydnb 7:44 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Hi djaydnb

Get in touch with our Support team by opening a Help Request below this message.

Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt, thank you for the reply. I opened a support request but thought it would be a good idea to come here as well and hopefully someone in the community could shed some light on the issue.

Just a quick update also, it seems to have kind of corrected itself as it now only plays tracks distorted and slow for about 10 seconds then the track goes back to normal and everything else works first time.

I will continue to update this post anyway just incase anyone else comes across the same problem
djaydnb 7:49 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hi djaydnb

Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt, thank you for the reply. I opened a support request but thought it would be a good idea to come here as well and hopefully someone in the community could shed some light on the issue.

Just a quick update also, it seems to have kind of corrected itself as it now only plays tracks distorted and slow for about 10 seconds then the track goes back to normal and everything else works first time.

I will continue to update this post anyway just incase anyone else comes across the same problem

Update on the update: Ignore the update.. It's back to what it was doing before
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 7:53 PM - 22 February, 2017
Cool - yeah, best to try isolate the cause of these things. If they are temperamental, then resolving the issue will help with your peace of mind!
Good luck!
Erick_Avila 6:44 AM - 18 October, 2017
I have the same issue, I upgrated to Win 10 and everything was working fine, but a few months back I couldn't analize my new files anymore because of the slow speed on the tracks while playing them offline

I have been trying to fix this problem for months, but the only temporary fix was to open google chrome and maximize the window. This automatically restores the playback speed back to normal.
razvand 4:14 AM - 31 May, 2018
I've got the same issue, just as people have described above. Serato offline player plays slow and distorted, and it has been happening for over a week now. As far as I can tell this started after I downloaded and installed Ableton Live 10 and the Novation Launchkey software. Before that everything was working with no problems, and I've been running the same Windows 10 laptop that for years now. As Erick Avilla said, when I open chrome, and keep chrome in maximized and in the foreground, the offline player sounds fine, but if I alt+tab back to serato it starts playing distorted again.

Did any of you guys manage to get it working properly?
aktronic 5:30 PM - 3 June, 2018
I have the same problem with offline-player. If SERATO is in forground the sound goes slow with disortion.
Minimize SERATO-> sound and speed ok
Make SERATO in Window and move the SERATO-Window -> sound ok
Top moving SERATO-Window -> slow with disortion

I'm confused.....

Normaly I use my MacBook (no offline-player issues). But sometime I use my PC for preparing my library.
aktronic 5:32 PM - 3 June, 2018
sorry, writing error:

Stop moving SERATO-Window -> slow with disortion
Dj Diamond Lee 6:17 PM - 3 June, 2018
SAme thing happened to me so I dropped back to previous serato program. I know they just released a new update to include the sx3. There must be a bug in it.
aktronic 8:39 PM - 3 June, 2018
When my TeamSpek3 Client is open and SERATO offline-player -> all OK
after closing TS3 Client -> shit

I think it's a Microsoft problem :-(
r3k0 11:24 PM - 3 June, 2018
This is old news guys, it was the shite Aprill W10 update that started this Offline issue.

serato.com

Like aktronic said, running certain video/audio software in the background solves this issue.

The 1803 April update broke lots of things for a lot of people, congrats MS .....
DJSEND!T 1:34 AM - 5 June, 2018
Same shit for me. I was organizing some music last night for a Hailee Steinfeld PR event this morning. I woke up and off line mode was distorted. So weird, last night it was working fine. It freaked me out. I re-downloaded Serato DJ Pro hoping for a fix. Nothing! So, with time ticking, I grabbed my 62 and turntables and Scratch Live for a back up. I got to the event, and Serato DJ Pro worked fine when plugged into a mixer, just sounds like shit in off line mode. How do we fix this? Or do i need to start using the always stable Scratch Live again?
DJ Tecniq 2:56 AM - 5 June, 2018
Starting to sound like a software fail on Serato’s part within Windows.
DJ Fast Forward 11:50 PM - 14 June, 2018
I'm having the same exact problem, I was beginning to think it was my laptop but all other audio plays fine (via the web, windows media player, etc.) Could someone from Serato please contact me when this has been resolved? I'm running Windows 10 as well.
DJ Quickmix 12:52 AM - 16 June, 2018
A quick fix for now is to turn down your "Maxium Screens Updates Per second" in the display section and it'll will better. Serato was working fine for me offline until the update aswell tho
therealsmoothie 11:10 PM - 16 June, 2018
Same thing has happened to me. DJ Pro worked great last night for a gig - and that was AFTER the Windows 10 update - but today plays slow and distorted in offline mode all of a sudden. I discovered that if I have only one window open in Chrome while DJ Pro is running, the problem stops. Whenever I open a second window in Chrome, the problem comes back.
Philmixit 11:46 AM - 17 June, 2018
I put Serato DJ pro 2.0.3 on a windows 10 I am getting distortion like crazy , 2.0.2 was working fine, I had the same program with my Mac 🖥 as well,so I rolled it back.
lastmarine 7:04 PM - 20 June, 2018
Hey guys. Another one to add to the list. I have this issue. Intermittent but extremely annoying. Windows updates to blame. Is there a patch?
r3k0 7:25 PM - 20 June, 2018
No! Just roll back.
djthx2 11:44 PM - 25 June, 2018
You mean roll back to 2.0.2? How do I do that? Will I be able to keep my crates? What features did version 2.0.3 add?

Thanks,
r3k0 12:18 AM - 26 June, 2018
No i meant roll back W10 to 1709 version.
lastmarine 10:29 AM - 26 June, 2018
Yeah just roll back to a previous windows update. Works fine then. For the update was beginning of April.
YZ 3:19 PM - 26 June, 2018
Find a copy of the movie Office Space, watch what they did to the printer during the rage scene, re-enact that scene but with your windows notebook, visit mac store.
r3k0 3:44 PM - 26 June, 2018
Visit mac store with 1000 stink bombs and let them "Genius's" have em!!!
djthx2 5:46 PM - 28 June, 2018
Thanks for your suggestions. However, there are reasons why companies update their software and drivers (principally to improve their software or address issues/glitches). I was using Serato DJ Pro version 2.0.2 on Windows 10 version 1803 without any issues. However, when I upgraded to version 2.0.3, that's when I became part of the Serato DJ Pro offline disorted-sound/unstable pitch & display, frustrated dj club.

And I can't accept that the only solution is to roll back one of the two conflicting apps (assuming that it is a conflict). Has Serato acknowledged this issue, and are they addressing it? In the meantime, when I try to roll back to version 2.0.2, I'm prompted to first uninstall the current version (2.0.3). Will this mean that all my work (customized crates and edited beat grids be lost?
popnwave 6:42 PM - 28 June, 2018
Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions. However, there are reasons why companies update their software and drivers (principally to improve their software or address issues/glitches). I was using Serato DJ Pro version 2.0.2 on Windows 10 version 1803 without any issues. However, when I upgraded to version 2.0.3, that's when I became part of the Serato DJ Pro offline disorted-sound/unstable pitch & display, frustrated dj club.

And I can't accept that the only solution is to roll back one of the two conflicting apps (assuming that it is a conflict). Has Serato acknowledged this issue, and are they addressing it? In the meantime, when I try to roll back to version 2.0.2, I'm prompted to first uninstall the current version (2.0.3). Will this mean that all my work (customized crates and edited beat grids be lost?

DUDE go read the help section on installing multiple copies of SDJ Pro and you can have both safely on your system.

Never seen so many people who'd rather whine than do what they have to fix their damn production machines.

ALWAYS read release notes and don't upgrade just because you can! Unless there is a bug fix you needed or a hardware added I would suggest even staying at 2.0.0.
djthx2 7:09 PM - 28 June, 2018
Thanks for your help? And kudos to you, who apparently has never requested or received assistance from anyone...ever!
djthx2 7:33 PM - 28 June, 2018
And btw:

Installing multiple versions of Serato DJ

"You will need to uninstall your current version if you wish to revert to an older version of Serato DJ, however you can still use the method above to install multiple, newer versions of Serato DJ - than the one currently installed."
HonstonG 8:29 PM - 28 June, 2018
Same problem here.
Started on a random moment on previous version.
upgraded to 2.0.3 and problem perists.

Once i plug my SS2 everything is fine.

Pretty weird
HonstonG 8:31 PM - 28 June, 2018
Quote:
Same problem here.
Started on a random moment on previous version.
upgraded to 2.0.3 and problem perists.

Once i plug my SS2 everything is fine.

Pretty weird

DDJ SX2
djthx2 9:55 PM - 28 June, 2018
Ok, so after about a month of dealing with this annoying SDJ Pro offline issue, I rolled back to version 2.0.2, and wala - no more issues! Microsoft makes it straightforward to rollback to a previous Windows version, as long as you do it within 10 days. Otherwise, it becomes a mission. So for me, that was not an option.

I copied and pasted the Serato Backup folder to my desktop - which contains my crates - just in case. I then uninstalled version 2.0.3. I had a zip folder copy of the previous SDJ Pro version 2.0.2, so I just reinstalled it (previous versions can be found on the SDJ Download Archives page). After installing and opening the program, all my crates where there, as well as my saved, locked tracks.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I still had an older SDJ Intro, which always worked fine. So I guess I was already working with multiple SDJ programs. And I figure that that's the reason why my crates where there without my having to restore my backup folder.

Hope this helps anyone out there with this issue.

Peace!
lastmarine 7:27 PM - 29 June, 2018
Not hard to uninstall any windows update. Certainly not a 10 day limit. You can view and unistall all windows updates from system folder.
djthx2 7:51 PM - 29 June, 2018
Uninstall Major Build Updates
There are two different types of updates in Windows 10. Aside from traditional patches, Microsoft occasionally releases bigger “builds” of Windows 10.

After installing a major new build (like Windows 10 version 1803), Windows keeps the files necessary to uninstall the new build and revert to your previous one. The catch is that those files are only kept around for about a month. After 10 days, Windows automatically deletes the files, and you can no longer roll back to the previous version without doing a re-installation.

And as previously stated, I have no interest in re-installing Windows.
DJ Gannon 7:41 PM - 2 July, 2018
MINE IS DOING THE SAME in offline mode! Distortion + slowing.
Very frustrating. Hoping to see a release for a fix I'll be downgrading back to the 32bit version which never did this!
popnwave 8:11 PM - 2 July, 2018
Windows did it, not Serato lol.
JoshuaBula 11:15 PM - 3 July, 2018
This just happened to me on Serato DJ Pro 2.0.0. Updated it to 2.0.3 and that didn't fix it. I finally tracked it down to the latest Windows update - KB4284848.

Open up Control Panel, go to Uninstall a Program, click on "View installed updates" in the sidebar, select the most recent Microsoft Windows update and click "Uninstall."

2.0.3 is now working fine for me, but I'm not happy about not running the latest windows security update.
DJ Gannon 2:11 PM - 7 July, 2018
Cool, thanks guys.
-G
DjSyndic8 12:06 AM - 8 July, 2018
Quote:
This just happened to me on Serato DJ Pro 2.0.0. Updated it to 2.0.3 and that didn't fix it. I finally tracked it down to the latest Windows update - KB4284848.

Open up Control Panel, go to Uninstall a Program, click on "View installed updates" in the sidebar, select the most recent Microsoft Windows update and click "Uninstall."

2.0.3 is now working fine for me, but I'm not happy about not running the latest windows security update.

disable your windows updates or turn your automatic updates off there is really no reason why you should update unless windows tells you there is a threat that needs to be patched,
if it aint broke then leave it alone.
DJ Lowrider 10:30 PM - 13 July, 2018
Evening guys,

I've also noticed this same issue with serato 2.0.3 and am up to date with my Windows 10 updates.

I mucked around in the settings to see if anything was affecting the performance. By accident, I stumbled upon a solution.

Click into expansion packs in settings, and then select 'Serato Video' and click 'enable'.

The pop up window says 'demo mode', so minimise it.

Click back on the settings button, and load a track into the offline mode.

All issues with distortion and slowing down have gone.

Well, they have for me anyway :)

Hope this helps some of you others out.

One love
DJ Gannon 12:56 PM - 14 July, 2018
Thanks, Lowrider, good to know and cool of you to share. At least we have something to try.

-G
DJ Gannon 2:45 PM - 14 July, 2018
UPDATE:
Lowrider, it seemed to have worked for me and when I left my laptop for over 10min and returned, the distortion and slowing continued. I had to re-enable the video again and then load a new track for it to stop again. So distressing.
DJ Nostalgia 3:41 PM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

disable your windows updates or turn your automatic updates off there is really no reason why you should update unless windows tells you there is a threat that needs to be patched,

My most recent update was KB4284835! Uninstalled it, but can't see how to stop it reinstalling again?

Windows 10 Pro...
DJ Nostalgia 4:14 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My most recent update was KB4284835! Uninstalled it, but can't see how to stop it reinstalling again?

Windows 10 Pro...

After uninstalling KB4284835 (the latest update I found on my Windows 10 Pro machine - no KB4284848 found) and restarting Windows... NO CHANGE! Still getting distortion when using SDJ Pro 2.0.3 'Offline'!
DJ Gannon 5:30 PM - 18 July, 2018
Okay I got Lowrider's fix to work after actually enabling video and then minimizing the demo mode window. It seems to fix it but this is so nerve-wracking to know I use offline mode sometimes for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours!
Hoping for an update/patch.
DJ Nostalgia 11:42 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
Okay I got Lowrider's fix to work after actually enabling video and then minimizing the demo mode window. It seems to fix it but this is so nerve-wracking to know I use offline mode sometimes for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours!

I found just ENABLING Serato Video in the Expansion Packs tab of SDJ Settings cured the distortion issue when Offline, without actually activating the Video Panel button (top-left of SDJ window, when Serato Video is Enabled in Settings)

Quote:
Hoping for an update/patch.

Yeah - very soon, as this workaround is crazy. Issue only started (from memory) when Serato introduced the two 'Offline' and 'Practice' Modes!!!
salvo72 1:25 PM - 29 July, 2018
Aggiorna la versione successiva e risolvi il problema
Serato, Moderator
James_M 4:44 AM - 30 July, 2018
Hi there,

We have actually identified and fixed a small issue with certain Windows 10 systems in the Offline player that could present itself like this - please try Serato DJ Pro 2.0.4 for the latest fixes.

As always, we run 24/7 support best via the Help Request buttons - these forums are not so closely monitored these days.

Best.
salvo72 9:57 AM - 30 July, 2018
Quote:
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
Salve, </font></font>
Abbiamo identificato e risolto un piccolo problema con alcuni sistemi Windows 10 nel player Offline che potrebbero presentarsi in questo modo - prova Serato DJ Pro 2.0.4 per le ultime correzioni. </font></font>
Come sempre, eseguiamo il supporto 24/7 al meglio tramite i pulsanti Richiesta di assistenza: questi forum non sono monitorati così da vicino. </font></font>
Migliore.
</font></font>

Però il mio problema quello dell' FX echo /delay che esce distorto quando l' ho attivo la prima volta non l ho avete risolto ed è un problema che va avanti della versione 1.9.5 guardate se gentilmente sistemate grazie