Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Portable Stage

MacTheBadAzz 4:15 PM - 20 February, 2017
Hey All,

I'm looking to expand my setup and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience purchasing a portable stage?

I think it would be kind of unique, for me to be elevated slightly above the crowd/dance floor....

Any insight would be excellent!

Thanks,
Mac
DJDonnie 1:06 PM - 27 February, 2017
Just my 2 cents after many hours/days looking for a stage solution.
I do a lot of school dances with 100 and up to 300-400 guests. I help get kids dancing and like to show them what to do. I wanted a solution for them to see me better than just the front rows. I often invite kids to dance on the the stage too.

I have purchased the Intellistage brand 4x8 portable stage kit at 16" high. It has 2 4x4 panels that lock together, collapsable supports, and the skirt for 3 sides. It was the most portable one I could find. I love it, and for a one man show, is very easy to transport (I do have a small trailer) and easy to set up in just a few minutes. With shipping, it was about $1000. I have decided to expand with more panels soon so that I can also have my equipment on the stage also. Right now I think it is too small. I have also set it up to have a solo musician play with their equipment. It is strong and I have had many people stand on it with no problems. Sometimes I leave the skirt off for the industrial look and light it from underneath. Just be sure the panels don't get damaged in shipping, INSPECT immediately.
MacTheBadAzz 8:53 PM - 26 March, 2017
Donnie,

Thanks for the response! I definitely take a look into adding that into my mobile setup!!

Thanks Again!