Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Remixvideo

DJ Marv the Maverick 8:55 AM - 19 February, 2017
Looks like a Video Sampler program with good potential for us amateur video guys that don't want to go the whole Resolume, GrandVJ etc. way.

I can see good use especially for for gigs I just want to use Visuals on my Serato library.

I use have both Mix Emergency and Serato Video but neither of these will allow one to do just Visuals only when using one's regular library which contains both audio and video songs.

The limit of the media bank is that when I load a song that I have only as video on a deck the video automatically loads. This is normal behaviour but not what I want for that particular gig. I want videoloops to play synced to Serato throughout the event irrespective if I'm playing a song that I have as a video or audio file.

The Ableton link and syphon support surely makes it interesting.

Serato + Mixemergency + Videoremix
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:27 PM - 19 February, 2017
What i don't get with these developers is that why have double limitations on the demo.
The demo is for 15 days and also usage limit of half hour. That makes zero sense. Ideally I will like to test it out fully at a proper gig with various scenarios before buying.

Anyways i did a few half hour sessions this morning with the demo i downloaded.

The Demo itself is fully featured.

I routed it through MixEmergency via Syphon. Basically its the sample player that ME is missing.

Some quirks i noticed

1. Ableton Link with Serato. There are 3 Link Buttons. One on top - i guess to activate link, and 1 on each virtual deck. I noticed with "instant double" link doesn't work i.e the decks link switches off.

2. And with each track load one has to trigger link on that deck again. "Sync track on load" seems to circumvent this.

What i like so far

1. The Auto Pilot mode - basically you load up all the sample slots with visuals for the night (36 on a 6 x 6 grid)

So i decided to purchase the full product after a couple of demo sessions this morning, I am dead sure i clicked on the buy link via the official page and for some mad reason i ended up buying another REMIX Product. I'm trying to cancel that purchase now.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:34 PM - 19 February, 2017
Now I know why I ended up buying the wrong product.

After 30 mins the demo closes and you get a window that tells you this. In that window there is a "buy now" link and that was what I used.

The link took me to the purchase page of a different product by Mixvibes - The Remixlive app for Mac.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:40 PM - 23 February, 2017
Update

The full version that is on Apple store didn't have the Syphon support,so I contacted their support via messenger.

2 days later they released an update via their site with a version that has the Syphon.

There was a bit of confusing messages from the developers of the app. Initially they said I should "ask for a refund for the initial version I bought on app store". They said they can't put syphon enabled app on the app store. They were going to have a buy direct option. Then they changed to this current way that you still buy from app store but they will provide a link for updating to a syphon enabled version.

I don't mind as long as I got the app.

Plan to give it a long testing this evening and if all goes well I will use it a gig tomorrow.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:42 PM - 23 February, 2017
This Visual loops resource now has a fiver a month subscription. If you are looking for Visuals

www.freeloops.tv
popnwave 4:03 PM - 23 February, 2017
Ah yes, the developer conundrum of App Store based apps vs stand alone ones. Must be something about the Syphon spec that Apple doesn't allow.