Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato on Windows

prandawg 5:30 PM - 4 February, 2017
Anybody here using windows? How does Serato perform?
I am thinking of switching from a mid 2012 15in MBP to a Razer blade 14. I wanted to know how it runs.

Thanks m8's
reddark 2:57 PM - 22 February, 2017
HI !
i use windows. no problems.
if you have more question.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:28 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
I am thinking of switching from a mid 2012 15in MBP to a Razer blade 14. I wanted to know how it runs.

Thanks m8's

Hey Prandawg,

Serato DJ does support Windows, just make sure it meet's the requirements at the link below(I'm sure the Razer Blade will).

serato.com

Cheers.
DjSyndic8 11:09 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:

Thanks m8's

I would stick to mac trust me on this I have a mid 2012 MBP and it runs smooth with SDJ 1.95
there's nothing wrong with Windows laptop I just wouldn't use it with Serato in a live situation stick to Mac,
reddark 11:26 PM - 22 February, 2017
i use a MSI laptop.
be sure to use your music on the same disk as the system disk.
Serato
Geoff.B 12:30 AM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
be sure to use your music on the same disk as the system disk.

Is there a particular reason you recommend that?
reddark 4:34 AM - 24 February, 2017
because on my PC. i got a SSD for system and one 1tb for data.
a put my music on the 1t disc.
each time i load a song, the disk have to switch up. so i got a little freeze on SDJ.
so you play your music, and the disk go on sleep again.
sometimes, i run utorrent so disk is alltimes write/read and i got no timeout.

i used to mix like this. but for stranger it is a little weird.

Sorry for my English im french.
DJNitro12 6:27 PM - 24 February, 2017
I use Win 7 and have nothing but problems since 1.8.2 build.... constantly getting audio dropouts. And it happens on both laptops. Never had a problem before 1.8... but I can't use my MCX8000 without going using at least 1.9.2 I beleive and I will say this, my laptops are built, one is an i5 and the other i7 both have 256bg SSD drives for OS (the i7 has an m.2 drive while the i5 uses 2.5" SSD) and both have 2TB SSD drives for music and video files. Also both have 16gb of RAM
Serato
Geoff.B 3:08 AM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
each time i load a song, the disk have to switch up. so i got a little freeze on SDJ.

That is related to hard drive power management settings in your OS (or possibly the BIOS), and is not a limitation of Serato DJ. There is no need to force a spindle drive into constant activity to stop it spinning down, as that will just create wear on the heads. Instead, you can adjust your power settings to keep the disk spinning (you probably only want to do this for when the computer is connected to a power supply, and not if it's running on battery).
Serato
Geoff.B 3:31 AM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
I use Win 7 and have nothing but problems since 1.8.2 build.... constantly getting audio dropouts. And it happens on both laptops. Never had a problem before 1.8... but I can't use my MCX8000 without going using at least 1.9.2

Hey DJNitro12, your machine specs seem just fine. I would suggest you first check that your video drivers are up to date (since around 1.8.0 we rely more on the GPU).

Also try the latest public release if you haven't already. Currently that is version 1.9.5, and has the latest performance and stability improvements. Releases in the 1.8.X series did have issues on some hardware configurations, and we've done a lot of work to address those.

If you still have issues with 1.9.5, our Support team should be able to help you -- just open a Help Request at support.serato.com
reddark 3:33 AM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That is related to hard drive power management settings in your OS (or possibly the BIOS), and is not a limitation of Serato DJ. There is no need to force a spindle drive into constant activity to stop it spinning down, as that will just create wear on the heads. Instead, you can adjust your power settings to keep the disk spinning (you probably only want to do this for when the computer is connected to a power supply, and not if it's running on battery).

2 years i search for this
I try every setup
Nothing. The disk go to sleep about 15seconds without activity.
It is a knowing problem on Windows !
DJNitro12 6:31 PM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I use Win 7 and have nothing but problems since 1.8.2 build.... constantly getting audio dropouts. And it happens on both laptops. Never had a problem before 1.8... but I can't use my MCX8000 without going using at least 1.9.2

Hey DJNitro12, your machine specs seem just fine. I would suggest you first check that your video drivers are up to date (since around 1.8.0 we rely more on the GPU).

Also try the latest public release if you haven't already. Currently that is version 1.9.5, and has the latest performance and stability improvements. Releases in the 1.8.X series did have issues on some hardware configurations, and we've done a lot of work to address those.

If you still have issues with 1.9.5, our Support team should be able to help you -- just open a Help Request at support.serato.com

I have 2 videos cards, one onboard and the other an Nvidia 4gb card. I'll check both to make sure they are updated.
Mike Butler 8:24 PM - 27 February, 2017
I've been on Windows for the last four years, no problems at all. HP Envy, 12G ram and a couple of 2TB internal normal drives (no SSD). Standard load of Windows 8.1 with no special tweaks for running music software

Mike
Whozya 5:47 PM - 5 March, 2017
I have been using a windows machine since I started using Serato DJ. Pretty much any gaming laptop will work just fine for running this program. I am currently using a Dell 7000 series gaming laptop that cost about $800. I do run Serato video as well. I have used this live for years and have not had problems. Only problems I have had were caused by me pushing a incorrect key that was easily resolved.