Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

So I want to play a midi keyboard while DJing...

Cut-A-Rug 6:34 PM - 1 February, 2017
Ok, so I have a midi keyboard and I want to play my Akia MPK II while I am DJing. Scratch DJ doesn't allow any way to open plugins so how can I do this?

Can I open Ableton Live in the same computer, use an interface to output the sound, all while Scratch Live is on and if so how do I route this?

Im using a 2011 Macbook Pro with 16gb of RAM and I have an SSD. My mixer is the Pioneer DJM-850 which works directly through Serato via Club Kit. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. Do I even need to have the interface to do this?
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:27 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
Can I open Ableton Live in the same computer, use an interface to output the sound, all while Scratch Live is on and if so how do I route this?

Im using a 2011 Macbook Pro with 16gb of RAM and I have an SSD. My mixer is the Pioneer DJM-850 which works directly through Serato via Club Kit. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. Do I even need to have the interface to do this?

Hi Cut,

Yeah you can have both Ableton and Serato open at the same time. You'll need to use your interface to output audio from ableton as you can't use both programs with the same interface at the same time.
You would then plug the Focusrite in to a spare analog channel on the DJM850.

*Use the new link feature for extra sync between the programs :)

I hope that helps.
938MyDJ 11:47 PM - 1 February, 2017
Roland DJ-808, Roland GAIA SH01, and BOSS RC-505, plus Serato... Live Remixing has never been so GOOD like this.

PS: Although I have a 2i4... When using my SRT, I can use one of the mixer's channel for Ableton and the three for SDJ.
I hope you can tweak your 850 to work this way too.
Cut-A-Rug 2:24 AM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Cut,

Yeah you can have both Ableton and Serato open at the same time. You'll need to use your interface to output audio from ableton as you can't use both programs with the same interface at the same time.
You would then plug the Focusrite in to a spare analog channel on the DJM850.

*Use the new link feature for extra sync between the programs :)

I hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks!
Despo 8:31 PM - 2 February, 2017
Matt P, actually I have been having success outputting sound through SDJ and Maschine or any other program through the same interface! This wasn't possible with scratch live, but with SDJ it's no problem, I'm on mac tho so I can't speak for windows users
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:44 PM - 2 February, 2017
Despo,

Thats good to hear. It's not fully supported though i'm glad to know you can have it working.

Keen to try this out myself. However I know its not possible with the DJMS9. So probably limited to certain Club Kit enabled devices

Regards
Despo 1:43 AM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:

Keen to try this out myself. However I know its not possible with the DJMS9. So probably limited to certain Club Kit enabled devices

Regards

wrong again :D I can route NI machine Software through the S9's soundcard no problem, (s9 firmware 1.4) I do it in clubs all the time. I have now updated to 1.6 and have to test if it still works but im sure it does. I can even select which channel in machine software, either left, right, or straight to master.
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:50 PM - 3 February, 2017
Despo,

Wow, firmware 1.4?
Well i've been on 1.6+ for over a year... on 1.7 for the last 6 months at least.
Despo 5:55 AM - 4 February, 2017
I meant to say I updated to 1.7, I got that wrong. So I'm currently testing it out for you and as we speak I'm here running SDJ 1.9.6 Beta + DJMS9 1.7 Firmware on SDJ, Maschine and Ableton live all at the same time, all 3 programs using the S9 as a sound device without any hiccups :) Fun stuff with link also going on between all 3 programs
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:45 AM - 6 February, 2017
Despo,

Good to know :)

thanks
KC1 6:01 PM - 20 October, 2018
Can the Alesis Vi25 bne mapped to Serato?