Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SZ2, who's got it...?

Ragman 6:57 PM - 31 January, 2017
If you have the DDJ-SZ2 please post your thoughts here. I wanna pull the trigger but I'm a little gun shy.
Sixtroke 9:06 PM - 31 January, 2017
They're about to add pitch play to the SZ and Flip is already mapped to the cue/parameter buttons. You can map buttons to make Key Sync a reality. All you'd be paying for is "lower latency" jogs and Post Fader FX
Ragman 1:51 AM - 1 February, 2017
Not exactly what I was looking for but thanks ...
DjSyndic8 4:51 AM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
Not exactly what I was looking for but thanks ...

I say if you got the cash get it or wait for the next update because is it really worth getting a controller with minimal updates all comes down to ...... "Need" or "Want"

at the moment I dont "Need" it but I "Want" It lol
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:44 AM - 1 February, 2017
I have trust issues with the denon mcx 8000, so the SZ2 is definitely on the Radar.
Ragman 2:49 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
I have trust issues with the denon mcx 8000, so the SZ2 is definitely on the Radar.

This is where I'm at as well. A couple of months ago I was really leaning towards the 8000. But the new SZ2 has caused me to rethink it.
Rebelguy 3:20 PM - 1 February, 2017
Why not get the Denon MC7000? It's basically the same as the 8000 minus the screens and engine functionality.
dj Krazey leo 4:59 PM - 1 February, 2017
So far I've had nothing but good experience with the mcx but I definitely do like the. New sz2
Jzzen 5:08 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:

Why do you have trust issues?
What have missed!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:52 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you have trust issues?
What have missed!!

random weird behaviour mid set

screens freezing

audio drop out on cross fading

controller being unresponsive despite connecting

etc
Sixtroke 8:47 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
They're about to add pitch play to the SZ and Flip is already mapped to the cue/parameter buttons. You can map buttons to make Key Sync a reality. All you'd be paying for is "lower latency" jogs and Post Fader FX

Sorry I assumed you had the SZ which is why you posted this. I was clearly wrong to assume that lol. The SZ is an incredible controller so if you are looking to get the SZ2 I can only imagine it's better.
Jzzen 8:47 PM - 1 February, 2017
Wow!!

That's not good.
Is it a problem with many users?
You got latest firmware?
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:16 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
Wow!!

That's not good.
Is it a problem with many users?
You got latest firmware?

We've got lil corner here serato.com

Sure i've got the latest everything.

I think they should have gone with USB 3 connection with those screens.