DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

32 beat loop on CDJ-400

Sou 8:39 AM - 31 January, 2017
Hi guys, I'm having some issues using the loop option on my CDJ-400! Every time I try to loop a track it just loops it for 2 seconds and not more ! How can I make a 32 beat loop ?

Thanks
eugguy 11:32 AM - 2 February, 2017
Buy a CDJ 2000
Lou Dog 1:37 AM - 3 February, 2017
So you hit "Loop In" then after 32 bars hit "Loop Out" and it only loops the first 2 seconds? Can you explain what exactly you are doing?
Sou 3:17 AM - 7 February, 2017
Let me explain exactly what I mean. So I play the same track at the same time (bpm 124)! Everything is fine, then i decide to loop one track (4beats), after doing it perfectly, they fall out of sync after couple of seconds, even if I adjust them again, the track that is looped starts going faster!
So I tried to increase the tempo of the track that is not being looped to +.10 and the beats remained in sync. it worked with all other tracks! But when I remove the loop, I have to make sure that the other track goes back to its original bpm 124 for the sync not to fall out.

Basically, my conclusion is to match the beats when they are syncing is to increase the tempo of the track that is not being looped by +.10. However, I don't think that this is the solution, since removing the loop won't keep them in sync !

Sorry for my english, I hope I delivered my message clearly & sorry for the late Reply.

-Sou
Lou Dog 9:11 AM - 20 February, 2017
Make sure your pitch resolution is set to +/-6. BPM can be incorrect on the 400s. And theres no decimal point so you really have to fine tune to for long blends.

But still this sounds like your players are not working correct. Check the firmware and update if below 1.3.3. Heres how:

www.pioneerdj.com
Sou 10:18 AM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:
Make sure your pitch resolution is set to +/-6. BPM can be incorrect on the 400s. And theres no decimal point so you really have to fine tune to for long blends.

But still this sounds like your players are not working correct. Check the firmware and update if below 1.3.3. Heres how:

www.pioneerdj.com

thank you for your reply! I actually updated the firmware, made sure it's on +/-6. BPM and even tried those small details where i would keep master tempo on, or just vinyl mode on and vice versa ! I think it's a problem with the CDJ's themselves
Laz219 10:27 AM - 22 February, 2017
Are you using master tempo with SSL/SDJ or with CDs?
Master tempo will screw up DVS signal if you're using it with software.
Sou 4:30 AM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:
Are you using master tempo with SSL/SDJ or with CDs?
Master tempo will screw up DVS signal if you're using it with software.

I use usb's! I tried keeping the master tempo button on and then off ! still same problem
Taipanic 6:22 PM - 24 February, 2017
Do not use the hardware master tempo on the CDJs. Use the Master Tempo that is built into Serato.