Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

[Serato Video] Future Mixer Purchase

4tea 6:11 PM - 23 January, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have the full serato suite and wanted to know between the mixers listed below, which one(s) would allow video-mixing through cross-fader and/or Equalizer pots.

DJM 900NXS2
Mixars Quattro
Denon X1800 prime
Reloop RMX-90 DVS

Thanks,
4tea
Serato, Moderator
James_M 8:05 PM - 23 January, 2017
Hi 4tea,

If you have a Serato Video license, all of those mixers listed are able to control videos via cross faders. We link the faders to the video in software, so essentially, any Serato compatible mixer will be able to manipulate the video feed. There's no way to video-mix via EQ transitions I'm afraid.

For a little more info, we did a few 101 Video articles a little way back that may help :)

support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 4:31 AM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have the full serato suite and wanted to know between the mixers listed below, which one(s) would allow video-mixing through cross-fader and/or Equalizer pots.

DJM 900NXS2
Mixars Quattro
Denon X1800 prime
Reloop RMX-90 DVS

Thanks,
4tea
Why not a Pioneer S9
Ragman 5:32 AM - 24 January, 2017
Judging from the ones he have listed, it appears he's looking for more than 2 channels. Just an educational guess. ;-)
4tea 7:02 AM - 24 January, 2017
Thank you James. I will take a close look at the articles.

As Ragman guessed, I'm looking for a four channel mixer. Cheers :)
Ragman 7:14 AM - 24 January, 2017
@4tea
How close are you on going with the Denon X1800 Prime? My only problem with that mixer is I hate the 'Flex-Fader’ crossfader. For the life of me I do not know why Denon did not put a magnetic crossfader (ala: Rane now that they are an InMusic brand) or a premium InnoFader Pro in there. And for the price it should have been on all faders. Other than that, I really like what I'm reading about the mixer.