DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Update to Serato DJ, hopefully in 2.0 1-20-2017

Oscar C 11:20 PM - 20 January, 2017
I hope Serato DJ updates waveform display to be like Engine Prime. It really makes a major difference when DJing this way especially if you can visually see and hear what frequency are being cut off and adding in. This is especially important when mixing more than 2 tracks at once. Traktor kinda has it with STEMS but Serato doesn't. Please add "tri-colored track waveform production for frequency based visual feedback" in HD as in Engine Prime by Denon DJ and you have many happy Serato users. Thank you.
Laz219 1:50 AM - 22 January, 2017
I haven't had a chance to look at prime, but it sounds like you're describing something like this?
serato.com
Oscar C 6:26 AM - 22 January, 2017
Your right, my mistake. Thank you.
Laz219 9:18 AM - 22 January, 2017
All good, not a well known feature.
It was originally an Easter egg they became a full feature.
Oscar C 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2017
I checked it out and it definitely helps. I just hope Serato's waveform is updated to a more HD version for better clarity on Mid, Low, and High separation like Engine Prime. Serato and Traktor is currently being outdone by a hardware based company - Denon DJ. Laz219, your input and feedback is appreciated.