DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ-SR Cable help

DJ-JF 6:28 PM - 20 January, 2017
Hey :),

I just recently bought the new DDJ-SR and I have already used it.
However, now i have bought a speaker which I´d like to connect to the ddj-sr. It is a speaker from JBL with either a XLR or a 6mm 1/4''input ... So my Problem is I am not sure which cable to buy , epecially since the ddj-sr seems to only have an RCA ouput (not sure?)

I would appreciate some help ! Thanks :D
Jonas
dj_soo 8:06 PM - 20 January, 2017
Sr had both 1/4" and RCA outs
Ulrich von Hurtem 1:19 AM - 22 January, 2017
1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS like: www.monoprice.com

Best case: Nuetrik, or G&H 1/4" TRS, to Nuetrik XLR, hand soldered to Canare, or Mogami cable.
DJ-JF 10:38 AM - 22 January, 2017
@dj_soo and @Ulrich von Hurtem

Thanks so much for the help ! NOW I know what to buy :)
Ulrich von Hurtem 10:27 PM - 22 January, 2017
I wish to emphasize 1/4" TRS, AKA balanced, AKA "stereo." (it's only stereo, if it's a headphone cable) Do NOT get 1/4" TS, AKA unbalanced, AKA mono.

Full disclosure: My cables are - Switchcraft 1/4" TRS to Nuetrik XLR male, on cheap ass mic cable.

XLR at the speaker end is better, because it won't pull out accidentally, and if your cable is too short, you can just add an ordinary mic cable.

www.monoprice.com

BTW Monoprice cables are worth their low price. Get something nicer if possible. Not Monster, or other overpriced snake oil.