Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

new ddjsb2 , dude in store said vista works ,, but not - now what? help!

bryanb33 5:19 PM - 20 January, 2017
hello , 1st of all i hope ive posted in proper place , an havent broken any forum rules ,, if so i apologise ,,,

i dont think i have put anything inappr ,, but anyhow i jus got a pioneer ddjsb2 , salesperson said its pretty much made for serato instead of virtual dj , which i had used before i got this newer mixer ,, but ive got an older laptop an saying system aint right cus its windows vista ,, but im trying to go back to a vers of serato that IS compatible with windows vista but this may or maynot work ,, so about which version of serato is the best for vista ,, i know i prob need a newer system but until then trying to work w what i got , but i hadnt messed with any mixing in many many years other then messin w virt dj i installed like 1.1 djintro prb the oldest one , but saying hardware not found ofcourse , so i guess what im asking , if anyone knows of anything i can use on vista that will recognise the ddj ,, yes i know most of the features wont be availble , but atleast maybe i can mess with it an praxtice til i get something newer
Serato, Support
Mitch H 3:23 AM - 24 January, 2017
Hey there,

That last version of Serato DJ to support Windows Vista was version 1.2.1.

Unfortunately the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 was released in Sreato DJ version 1.2.6. This means that you must be running version 1.2.6 to connect to the DDJ-SB2.

I'm sorry but on the current system you are on this is not possible.