Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Changing cue points in duplicated tracks...

HardcoreHipp-E 5:03 PM - 13 January, 2017
Heazy one and all,

Not long been a serato user, but pretty happy with things. The one issue I need advice on is as follows:

I've created folders containing tracks for a specific mix - much like a playlist. A working example would be a folder called Epidemik Pt1. The tracks within this folder have naturally been assigned cue points, again specific to the 'Epidemik Pt 1' mix! I really love this mix so would like to save for prosperity.

But now I want create another folder/playlist for a mix titled Epidemik Pt2, and use a number of tunes used for the 'Epidemik Pt1' and a few original tunes, not used before, to create this new mix! Obviously, I need to duplicate some tunes, which I have done by creating a new folder, but when I change/modify the cue points etc in the duplicated tracks, the changes/modifications also occur within the original tracks used to duplicate and taken from the 'Epidemik Pt1' folder. With that can someone please advise me how I go about modifying cue points within a duplicated track without affecting the original track (and original cue points) that the duplicated track was taken from??

Many thanks in advance,
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:25 PM - 13 January, 2017
You are obviously using the same tracks and not a duplicate
HardcoreHipp-E 6:25 PM - 13 January, 2017
Ahh...that makes sense! So although I've duplicated the folder this doesn't mean I've duplicated the tunes then. Wow!

Right, sounds like I need to rethink this duplicating business... what would be your advice in terms of duplicating tracks?

Thanks in advance
Cwite 11:22 PM - 16 January, 2017
You will need to duplicate the track in your computers operating system to do what you are asking. A quick way to find your system version of the track is to highlight a track you want to duplicate in serato, then press ctrl+r. This will take you straight to the folder containing that track. Copy it to a new folder, go back to serato and import the new folder with the "files" tab. Put the new track in your other playlist folder on serato.

I've had to do this for a few of my own songs for various reasons.