Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

serrate dj video choppy

spinmuzik 12:39 AM - 12 January, 2017
mid 2009 mac
2.53 intel core 2 duo
8 gb 1067 ddr3
nvidia geforce 9400m 256mb

i used video about 5 years ago with Serato live all work very well
getting back into video using Serato dj and all my videos are choppy and ridiculous lag
so just for the heck of to i plugged my Serato Live box again and all videos are play just great
wtf?

please help i would love to use my controller Pioneer ddjsx to mix videos
DJ Baby Boy 1:55 AM - 12 January, 2017
Well there is several issues that could be arising here and one you would need to use a version of Serato DJ that's 1.7.8 or below as support had been dropped for core 2 duo machines after then also you're running a very old and underpowered machine so if you're trying to run any 720p or higher videos you're gonna have a bad time ... Also look into MixEmergency which is far better optimized for video than Serato Video although I'm not sure that your machine meets the requirements for the latest version of that either ... The version of OSX that you're running will also have a major impact on the function of your machine too so I would suggest staying with Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion at the very newest ... Given that that machine is now 8 years old though I would strongly suggest upgrading your machine to something more current that has a dedicated graphics card
DJMark 11:07 PM - 12 January, 2017
Quote:
mid 2009 mac
2.53 intel core 2 duo
8 gb 1067 ddr3

That's actually an "integrated GPU" that shares main system memory. In 2009 it was a big performance jump over past-generation integrated GPU's, but it and the rest of that machine are too low-powered to run current versions of Serato DJ and Serato Video.

It would probably perform okay with Scratch Live and Mix Emergency.
DJ Tecniq 7:31 PM - 13 January, 2017
Quote:
mid 2009 mac
2.53 intel core 2 duo
8 gb 1067 ddr3

i used video about 5 years ago with Serato live all work very well
getting back into video using Serato dj and all my videos are choppy and ridiculous lag
so just for the heck of to i plugged my Serato Live box again and all videos are play just great
wtf?

please help i would love to use my controller Pioneer ddjsx to mix videos
It's an 8 year old mac bro time to upgrade. preferably a 2012 macbook pro 15" which has dedicated video card.
DJ Tecniq 7:33 PM - 13 January, 2017
Correction 9 years ago...it's practically ancient