Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video (Due for an upgrade)

DJ Big King 8:04 PM - 11 January, 2017
I am loving all of the changes that Serato DJ has made for the new controllers and mixers. Serato has made huge strides in stability and layout. However, Serato Video seems to be taking a back seat. I finally saw one of my fellow DJs using Mix Emergency and It is a huge difference. Is SV coming out with ANY changes in 2017. Even a few updated transitions, more stability or video overlay assigned with DJ drops would be amazing. This isn't a rant, but some of us ONLY DJ with visuals and would like to see some tweeks this year. Is that possible?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:47 PM - 11 January, 2017
I'm gonna say no they're not because you really should be using Mix Emergency, lol!!

It's gonna take 1 hell of an update for SV to even come close to ME or even VDJ for that matter.......

For just starting out, it's ok but as you progress you'll want more and SV just won't cut it for you.

Just ditch SV and move ME.

Of course this is all my opinion but I'm sure many here will agree.
DJ Big King 9:22 PM - 11 January, 2017
I appreciate your opinion man. I am just curious if Serato had any plans to update the software. It is the best DJ software but can't say the same for visuals.
popnwave 9:23 PM - 11 January, 2017
Pioneer is gonna start stealing video DJs on the PC side soon. Every update they've been adding new stuff as well.
DJ Big King 9:35 PM - 11 January, 2017
That is thru Rekord Box Correct?
popnwave 10:23 PM - 11 January, 2017
Quote:
That is thru Rekord Box Correct?

Yep, just grabbed the latest update, and if I wasn't using MixEmergency I'd even use it more on OSX.
DJ Tecniq 3:21 AM - 12 January, 2017
Quote:
I appreciate your opinion man. I am just curious if Serato had any plans to update the software. It is the best DJ software but can't say the same for visuals.
No there are still bugs that haven't been fixed when they first launched the video software. For example logo/image can't be rotated to main video output screen it is only left or right deck which has been that way since Video-SL.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 13 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
No there are still bugs that haven't been fixed when they first launched the video software. For example logo/image can't be rotated to main video output screen it is only left or right deck which has been that way since Video-SL.
Sorry i meant left or right video screen..