SlingerX 11:50 AM - 6 January, 2017
Not receiving video frames for recording

My specs:

Windows 8.1 64 bit
Asus Zenbook
I7 4720
12gb ram
1 tb hd internal
2 pcs - 1tb seagate backup plus for videos (usb)
Dual video card, intel and nvidia (updated driver)
Mix track pro II

*I did all the tweaks for windows including going to nvidia control panel...etc. I followed step by step instructions from your site but still same results.

Updated quicktime, nvidia drivers etc

Ty..
SlingerX 11:52 AM - 6 January, 2017
I tried lowering record output, saved in multiple drives, tried and tried, restart serato, pc, etc. My computer freshly installed as well.
DJ Tecniq 6:46 AM - 7 January, 2017
Hey man unfortunately this is a big bug with the recording feature it happens on my mac as well. The only advice that may work is try to record on a drive other than your mac. Save the recording file to that drive while you record. If this fails then check out syphon recorder which can record your video set or mix emergency (best vj software) Serato Video hasn't been updated in years and I don't think they'll ever fix this. Good luck
SlingerX 11:25 AM - 7 January, 2017
Sigh im using windows not mac...ty anyways too bad i spend for serato video
DJ Tecniq 5:31 PM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:
Sigh im using windows not mac...ty anyways too bad i spend for serato video
Ouch sorry man you can ask for a refund or also try updating your video card from the manufacture. I think there is a screen recording software for windows that would record your set it may not be free though.
Johan Alingery 7:12 PM - 16 January, 2017
GOOD EVENING
SINCE I made the last bet of serato dj
I can more recorded in video.
Who would have a solution for me?
I already have a problem with mixemergency to record then the icing on the cake now these serato video.
help me ?
DJ.WAZZA.AU 10:02 AM - 18 January, 2017
Quote:
GOOD EVENING
SINCE I made the last bet of serato dj
I can more recorded in video.
Who would have a solution for me?
I already have a problem with mixemergency to record then the icing on the cake now these serato video.
help me ?

Need more info ...like the spec off your Mac or p.c...
Hardware your running ...
Are you using a video cam with your serato video recording
James Falk 11:45 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
Hey man unfortunately this is a big bug with the recording feature it happens on my mac as well. The only advice that may work is try to record on a drive other than your mac. Save the recording file to that drive while you record. If this fails then check out syphon recorder which can record your video set or mix emergency (best vj software) Serato Video hasn't been updated in years and I don't think they'll ever fix this. Good luck

Serato VJ was updated last in August of 2016. Lets try to pass on accurate information.
DJ Tecniq 10:59 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Serato VJ was updated last in August of 2016. Lets try to pass on accurate information.
Wow was it that soon already can you link me so I can check it out. From my understand the SV update was just bundled with the software but no really changes as far as the software goes.
DJ Tecniq 11:00 PM - 20 January, 2017
Understanding* real*
James Falk 11:33 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Wow was it that soon already can you link me so I can check it out. From my understand the SV update was just bundled with the software but no really changes as far as the software goes.

It was quite the debacle actually with many unable to use the update initially due to problems refreshing their license.

serato.com

with the 1.9.2 update, there was a refresh license and here's what is said..

"Video Licence Update

We’ve updated our Serato Video licensing system which means you will need to update your license to continue using Serato Video. This is simple to do, just make sure you are connected to the internet, open the Serato Video panel and click 'Refresh License'."

I think it's very relevant to note here that there are many veteran VJ's here who haven't used SV for 1-3 years, but still make their opinions known on a subject they no longer have a vested interest in & then spout incorrect information that may have once been relevant but no longer is.

If you don't read the Serato newsletters, don't bother to update your software & don't care about SV how are your opinions relevevant?

The purposes of being on a Serato forum are to fix Serato bugs, not to be advertising other products.
James Falk 11:36 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Also I find your comment quite strange considering you were asking for help on this same topic in August of 2016.

Quote:
Quote:
Not cool,, I have a gig in a week,,,out of town,,,, no Internet,,,, I will charge Serato If I lose this Gig because I don't have Vdeo. I paid for it,,, get it bworking and go back to the old registration
Does anyopne have a link to 9.1 ?
Download archive bruh -> serato.com
DJ Tecniq 3:34 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Also I find your comment quite strange considering you were asking for help on this same topic in August of 2016.
What topic are you speaking of? I'm not sure why this concerns you so much. I have been using Serato Video since VSL I can name bugs that have not been fixed since the birth of SV...

1. Video recording (works sometimes then it doesn't) on a good day

2. Image/logo can't be outputed to main output screen only left or right preview screens. So basically your logo will only appear for one side not the main middle screen.

3. Preview screens disappear (have to restart to fix it)

There's a few more but haven't messed with SV in awhile.

The problem I have is you're trying to educate me on things I already have knowledge of or experience with the software. How exactly long have you been using Serato Video? Do you normally VJ weekly you seem to be an expert so I'm just curious.
DJ Tecniq 3:37 AM - 21 January, 2017
Edit: image/logo rotatation fx can't be outputted to main output. Standard image/logo will work fine but any fx to logo/image will not apply to main output.
James Falk 8:08 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:

What topic are you speaking of?

The post I quoted earlier was yours from this thread.
serato.com
whose topic was about the SV upgrade/video refresh in August. Iwas just pointing out that you should have been aware the product had been updated considering you had previously taken part in a discussion regarding it..

I'm not sure why this concerns you so much. I have been using Serato Video since VSL I can name bugs that have not been fixed since the birth of SV...

1. Video recording (works sometimes then it doesn't) on a good day
-I've never had it work. This is the type of thing you should be addressing. Feel free to share your experience. I'd love to hear how you got SV to record, the settings used, the quality you achieved & the legnth of these recordings.

2. Image/logo can't be outputed to main output screen only left or right preview screens. So basically your logo will only appear for one side not the main middle screen.
-My computer specs have been listed ad nauseau here. With these models I've never had this issue. I overlay images frequently over Xtendamix's vjloopz videos (picture link below)

scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net

3. Preview screens disappear (have to restart to fix it)
-I've never had this issue

4. There's a few more but haven't messed with SV in awhile.
-& herein lies the problem. People posting that havent used the product in a while. It's 2017...happy New Year!

The problem I have is you're trying to educate me on things I already have knowledge of or experience with the software. How exactly long have you been using Serato Video? Do you normally VJ weekly you seem to be an expert so I'm just curious.

I wouldn't call me an expert on video mixing. I've spun with SV for about 6 years & pretty much exclusively with this format for the last 3. I gig several times each week & play a myriad of music formats. I put very little effort into visual cross fades, although I do notice when one works well with a specific track so may make an attempt to recreate it. All my effort is into my audio mix & the videos are a nice touch to enhance a room, particularly when dozens of screens are present. Most of the rooms I work in have rather large HD screens leading from a Kramer matrix, with a managment team in place that has a production background. If the video's don't look a certain way, they know the problem is not theirs, but rather mine & my gear.

I'll spend much more time working the lightshow. Simple things like matching colours on the dancefloor to what is occuring on the screens or getting creative with the use of offset colours to add visual depth to the room, adding a strobe macro or blacking out where appropriate. I likely run no more than a dozen patterns with moving heads/moving mirrors & instead have quick access to all basic shades of colour and use the same lighting patterns with only colour/gobo variations. I'll even make notes in the meta tag field within Serato as to basic colour structure used in a track so I know what colours to key in on while that track is being played.

At least once a week I'll work with cover bands or a concert act & during their sets I'll sync their set list to any original promotional videos I own & match beats of a video to the tempo of the bands performance. Should a member break into an extended solo, I'll create immediate cue points to where the deviation began so that I can return to this point later when the performance returns from the solo. I've essentially got every Billboard chart single that ever existed on video as a part of my library & constantly send Xtendamix requests that build their library of classic/retro/catalogue videos, in particular Canadian releases. There's enough people asking for Billboard Hot 100 hits, so put my efforts helping build their library towards tracks that others aren't asking for, or be the first to request a funk, house, nudisco, or deep house track just released on Beatport that I'm sure others won't request.

Anyways staying on topic, I'm the furthest thing from a Macbook expert. I know significantly more about PC's, which is why I bump these threads, to find solutions to problems that it appears everyone stopped caring about once they experienced Mix Emergency.
James Falk 8:26 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Not receiving video frames for recording
My specs:
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Asus Zenbook
I7 4720
12gb ram
1 tb hd internal
2 pcs - 1tb seagate backup plus for videos (usb)
Dual video card, intel and nvidia (updated driver)
Mix track pro II

*I did all the tweaks for windows including going to nvidia control panel...etc. I followed step by step instructions from your site but still same results.

Updated quicktime, nvidia drivers etc

Ty..

What video card do you have inside? Looking online the computer you listed appears to have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB GDDR5. If so that's a quality card.

Have you written yet for Serato support? I'm waiting for them to get back to me & would be happy to share any information I find. My situation is with a Mac, but looking at the specs on your PC, on first glance they appear good. The video card I believe you have that I listed was the same in my Alienware 15, which worked flawlessly, including recording. I'd have to find these recordings to share the duration, although I believe they were 30-45 minutes in length.
SlingerX 8:52 AM - 21 January, 2017
No reply from serato yet. Keep me updated if you hear any. Still having issues with recording, but playback works fine, just video mix recording issues
DJ Tecniq 12:12 PM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
-I've never had it work. This is the type of thing you should be addressing. Feel free to share your experience. I'd love to hear how you got SV to record, the settings used, the quality you achieved & the legnth of these recordings.
I'll screenshot my settings for you I do know I ended up changing the file recording path and somehow that allowed me to record a 30 min video set I never got the video frames missing bug I just got lucky one day. Vimeo.com/djtecniq are my old video mixes which were all recorded using SV record feature.

Quote:
-My computer specs have been listed ad nauseau here. With these models I've never had this issue. I overlay images frequently over Xtendamix's vjloopz videos (picture link below)

scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net
As for this I made a typo I know you can overlay images to output screen etc. now try adding an effect to the logo/image like rotate it or apply an effect to the image like bass/zoom etc...unfortunately it will only work for left or right video screen it does not assign the effect to the middle output screen as the option is greyed out for main output except for left/right video decks. I'll do a recording with the select bugs I've found in SV as there's quite a few to showcase exactly what I mean.
veleno 7:26 PM - 21 January, 2017
I solved the problem by using mixvibes cross! perfectly recorded audio and video! but 'I do not understand why with Serato does not record the video!
DJ.WAZZA.AU 2:33 AM - 22 January, 2017
Why record with serato DJ ....when you can do it for free with other software ....and you can add a camera overlays with serato video out put....

I use mixvibes cross ..inside my serato DJ and M.E ...I don't use cross as a DJ software ,I use it for visuals and pictures and my logo .....and a camera input ..
SlingerX 3:19 AM - 22 January, 2017
Hmm interesting idea, i might give this a crack and probably trash serato video
veleno 12:11 PM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
Why record with serato DJ ....when you can do it for free with other software ....and you can add a camera overlays with serato video out put....

I use mixvibes cross ..inside my serato DJ and M.E ...I don't use cross as a DJ software ,I use it for visuals and pictures and my logo .....and a camera input ..

can you explain me how to do
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:48 PM - 22 January, 2017
This is one thing I love about VDJ!! I can record straight to MP4 in HD using multiple usb cameras, midi controllers, timecodes, text 2 screen, multiple visuals playing on screen (both pics and vids) and scrolling marquees.

On both a PC or Mac!

Serato really has to step it up.......or just ditch the video record feature altogether.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 7:12 AM - 24 January, 2017
I use live stream Producer .....it's free and it will screen capture your serato video output with audio and I live at the camera ....

I run two Mac,s ....one with serato DJ and m.e with VDMX 5 ...and one with mixvibes cross
..... To link both Macs video together I use are USB Capture Card ...everything / all video me and cross run in to VDMX 5...
sl1200 12:21 PM - 14 December, 2017
Bump Bump Bump

Can someone from Serato Respond?