Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

KOOL WAY TO MAKE A BEAT BREAK WITH SERATO FLIP

Telony Ex 3:05 AM - 5 January, 2017
I was playing at a spot on the weekend and played drake and dj khaled song for free. After the song came on the crowd went wild so i pull it up from the start. The intro was just the the beat playing for a while, but the crowd was singing along as if the song never stopped. then i got this idea to make a flip.

pretty much when the song reaches that sweat spot just allow the beat to come in withoutout vocals and allow the audience to sing that part. then after the beat break the song resume to where it would have been like a slip mode effect.

here is a demo i did youtu.be

lets know if there is any other kool ways to utalize flip, i starting to like it
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:34 AM - 5 January, 2017
Nice, I always just dropped the volume out and then bring it back in. This might be a little better because the beat is still present 👍🏾
Prestoe 11:59 AM - 5 January, 2017
Possibly the simplest best use for flip so far.. nice dude
spike12 5:24 PM - 5 January, 2017
great suggestion thanks!
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:17 PM - 5 January, 2017
Awesome video Telony Ex!
Telony Ex 1:03 PM - 6 January, 2017
Happy flipping guys.
SirForce 4:41 PM - 6 January, 2017
Thanks for sharing!
938MyDJ 7:58 PM - 6 January, 2017
LOL! I can do this simply on a CUE-Loop!
938MyDJ 7:59 PM - 6 January, 2017
But it can useful on different purpose to me!

:)
Telony Ex 2:05 AM - 7 January, 2017
Quote:
LOL! I can do this simply on a CUE-Loop!

U gonna have to always trigger it though. Plus making sure ur loop size is right and not on the size previous track u just looped. Hopefully u will have quantize on so u can get it in time. Lasty hope u rember what cue point to press. With flip u do it once and its final. Leave it to on and it flips. Set it to off and it plays normally. Win win. Dnt knw why i wud use cue loop as a sub