Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MIDI over DJM-900 disables mode switching (Internal <-> Relative)

max_imus 2:46 AM - 5 January, 2017
I use SDJ and SL4, and connect my computer to the Pioneer mixer by USB to MIDI map faders for video transitions. Whenever I connect the laptop and the mixer in this way with Video turned on, the buttons for switching control mode (internal/relative/etc.) disappear, so I assume switching mode is not possible. Is this to be expected behavior, and if yes why?

After disabling video, the USB cable to the mixer has to be unplugged and Serato restarted for the control mode buttons to reappear. This is highly disadvantageous, because you have to play music from another source meanwhile. Am I setting up something the wrong way or is this really the only way to solve this problem?
max_imus 10:21 PM - 12 January, 2017
I am amazed I get no response to a thread like this. No one reading the Video subforum ever used DJM-900 MIDI signals for video blending?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:16 PM - 15 January, 2017
Sounds like a midi conflict somewhere....
max_imus 5:38 PM - 15 January, 2017
Just did some further investigating myself. This is a purely visual bug. Switching control mode with the F-buttons still works.
max_imus 5:46 PM - 15 January, 2017
Quote:
Sounds like a midi conflict somewhere....

No, it has nothing to do with MIDI. Control mode buttons disappear when connecting Laptop with 850 or 900, regardless of whether MIDI on the mixer is turned on or off.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:55 PM - 15 January, 2017
Doesn't happen with my DJM 850 or CDJ 850's.
max_imus 10:15 PM - 15 January, 2017
Do you have an SL4 (or SL3) connected as well?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:30 PM - 16 January, 2017
I have an SL3.

So tell me exactly what I should do to replicate your problem and I'll try it out.
max_imus 4:46 PM - 16 January, 2017
Thanks. Just connect your laptop to your SL3 normally, run SDJ, turn on video, and then connect a Pioneer mixer by USB.

In our case, when the Pioneer utility pops up, the control mode buttons disappear. As can be seen in this image:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com

It happens with Windows and Mac, with previous versions of SDJ and the latest one, with SL3 and SL4, with Pioneer 850 and 900. So this is clearly not just some freak occurrence.
max_imus 1:31 PM - 24 January, 2017
OK thanks for the info! However, if I uninstall that audio driver, can I still do the MIDI mapping for the video blending?