Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Two decks in offline mode?

Idle Surfer 9:36 PM - 3 January, 2017
Are we ever going to be able to use two (or more} decks in offline mode? Or am I missing something?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:57 PM - 3 January, 2017
Quote:
Are we ever going to be able to use two (or more} decks in offline mode? Or am I missing something?

Ok I'll bite. Why would you need 2 decks on offline mode?
Idle Surfer 11:35 AM - 4 January, 2017
Hi,

It would be extremely useful for putting together playlists, seeing what tunes go well together etc. And, there are times when I just want to play around with music without connecting to my mixer/controller.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:15 AM - 5 January, 2017
Thanks.....untracking.
DJ Unique 2:43 AM - 5 January, 2017
Quote:
Thanks.....untracking.

LOL
DJ Unique 2:45 AM - 5 January, 2017
My suggestion would be to buy the smallest controller you can find.... or possibly an SL2 and route the signal to a tiny mixer.
Idle Surfer 9:55 PM - 16 January, 2017
Quote:
Thanks.....untracking.

Scenario: Im sitting in my living room / kitchen / bedroom ....with my laptop, have bought a lot of tunes from iTunes, Traxsource etc........why should I have to get up and connect to hardware in order to try out those tunes using two decks in Serato????

Traktor, Rekordbox, VDJ etc all allow you have two (or more) decks available whether connected to hardware or not.

The question should be: WHY NOT Serato?

Btw: thanks for your reply.....its right up there with chocolate kettles & fireplaces for usefulness.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:11 PM - 16 January, 2017
just switch to a software that gives you the features you want,

seeing as nearly every other dj software now offers this ability you might as well move to one of them, the new Denon prime software also allows this feature in offline mode
Idle Surfer 12:18 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
My suggestion would be to buy the smallest controller you can find.... or possibly an SL2 and route the signal to a tiny mixer.

Sent is it so difficult to get a GENERAL POINT across its these forums?

I have Serato, Traktor, VDJ, and have recently been giving Rekordbox a try...... hence my original question about using 2 decks without hardware connected. Your suggestion..... is to connect hardware!

Rekordbox is, relative to the others, a new kid on the block. I'm seriously impressed. I think, with a couple more updates, if will be seriously rival it's competitors.

Serato really needs to up its game.
Idle Surfer 12:22 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:

Why is it so difficult to get a GENERAL POINT across its these forums?

I have Serato, Traktor, VDJ, and have recently been giving Rekordbox a try...... hence my original question about using 2 decks without hardware connected. Your suggestion..... is to connect hardware!

Rekordbox is, relative to the others, a new kid on the block. I'm seriously impressed. I think, with a couple more updates/releases, if will seriously rival all it's competitors.

Serato really needs to up its game.
deejdave 2:23 PM - 19 January, 2017
While rekordbox dj in no way is a threat to serato dj (just speaking numbers) it is an impressive solution indeed. It started out as a serato dj clone by I am hoping it will take a form of its own. Why can't software be different. Why does every app need to be the same? Who do we need this just because someone else does? This is the exact definition of the right tool for the job. While I would not mind seeing this myself and would absolutely use it the priority of this is not even remotely close to other wanted/needed features.
Logisticalstyles 2:55 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:

Because the software is already available to download for free. If you could use it without buying hardware how would they make money?
Telony Ex 3:01 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Because the software is already available to download for free. If you could use it without buying hardware how would they make money?

Give that feature to pple who buy the software. Or for hardware that is serato eligible and come with sdj. Give the option to use something like ilok. Serat must know bout ilok. They use it with pitch n time for protools
nexttroll 3:56 PM - 19 January, 2017
yes serato, all my mates that use serato and i really want to use 2 decks in offline mode, why dont you make a serato sound bite and just pepper one channel or output with it every now an again, there would be a lot more happy users, and i would definately switch from trakor which i only have for this function becasuse i travel a lot x
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:09 PM - 19 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

that was a valid point when other dj software companies didn't offer the feature, now that many do it all for free with out using hardware they should have a ability to use the software and preview how songs will mix without having to have your hardware connected
Logisticalstyles 3:29 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
Give that feature to pple who buy the software. Or for hardware that is serato eligible and come with sdj.

Yeah I can agree with that.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:58 PM - 20 January, 2017
Will be an interesting feature, plus ability to use Sample Player offline.

Gotta admit the first time I'm hearing some tracks mixed together is when I'm out playing live.

Then It kinda sticks in my brain and I might do the same mix or blend again at subsequent gigs.

Obviously if one has all the time the world to dj and practice then it might seem redundant.

Noticed how I didn't mention any other software solution that has the feature.

I believe it's suggestions and feedback by users that made Serato as robust as it is today. Maybe this should go to feature request thread.

Same as many other features that is added you can chose to use it or not.

In order of preference though I will want Offline Sample player first.
Idle Surfer 12:37 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Give that feature to pple who buy the software. Or for hardware that is serato eligible and come with sdj. Give the option to use something like ilok. Serat must know bout ilok. They use it with pitch n time for protools

Perfect solution!
Idle Surfer 12:37 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Give that feature to pple who buy the software. Or for hardware that is serato eligible and come with sdj.

Yeah I can agree with that.

Perfect solution!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:20 AM - 21 January, 2017
didn't serato already make that???

seratopyro.com

But actually since Serato is charging for Serato DJ - they could make a "offline plug in" and sell it on top of Serato DJ if the demand was there.

But again - with a small footprint Serato enabled mixer like the Akai AMX - serato.com - it would be easier to buy that instead of selling and re-inventing the wheel.
Idle Surfer 2:14 PM - 21 January, 2017
... . Maybe this should go to feature request thread.....

I've just spent 3 Minutes searching for this issue.......and it looks like it'll never happen. In those 3 minutes, I found that requests for this are legion, and go back to 2009!!!

Obviously Serato ain't interested
Logisticalstyles 4:22 AM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
didn't serato already make that???

seratopyro.com

Pyro is wack and a waste of time IMO. I NEVER use that app.

Quote:
But again - with a small footprint Serato enabled mixer like the Akai AMX - serato.com - it would be easier to buy that instead of selling and re-inventing the wheel.

True, but it would be much easier to do it without having to connect anything at all. It is a feature I enjoy in Traktor. I never thought about this feature until I tried to set up my sample player in offline mode.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:35 PM - 22 January, 2017
Quote:
Pyro is wack and a waste of time IMO. I NEVER use that app.

I know that but so is playing without deck control - lol

He wanted something to hear how bpms and mixes sounded together - just saying Serato already "made that" - here ya go.

We all know from the FREE ScratchLive days why serato never gave us dual decks in Offline - because the App was free.

But since they now charge for Serato DJ and stability is all fucked up anyway - doesn't seemed too far fetched to sell something like a Serato DJ Intro LITE that could be used as a consumer based app and maybe also target mobile and wedding DJs who simply want to play music seamlessly.

No sure how many people would actually buy it - wonder how Pyro actually did?