DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

WARNING - REKORDBOX BILLING

Mr. Goodkat 9:22 PM - 3 January, 2017
of course this isnt pioneer forum, but im sure many people may have wanted to check out rekordbox dvs software.

I signed up for a monthly sub, and never really used it since it wont work with dvs with rane mixers( i had a s9 at the time).

so i finally get around to cancelling and not only to you have to make a 'request to cancel software', then they have to contact you and ask you why

btw i didnt ask for a refund, just to cancel but this is what i was sent.

'Thank you for contacting Share-it!

Because we collect payments on behalf of Pioneer DJ Corporation, we must
forward your refund request to them to confirm or deny.

Please provide us with the reason for this refund request and so we may
forward your request to the publisher.'

has anyone else run into subs like this?

i cancelled 3-4 things yesterday and have never seen this tactic.

just a warning.
Dj_Nix 9:51 PM - 3 January, 2017
generally speaking, its in the companies best interest to make it HARD to cancel. Ive experienced this personally with comcast and sprint; they used to do this... i'm sure other companies do it. eg. how they hope you forget to cancel free trials. hope you get ur cash back. i dont think ill ever do a subscription software. thanks for the heads up.
Detroitbootybass 12:20 AM - 4 January, 2017
That tactic isn't uncommon for cable, ISP, and cellular companies. I've seen it and heard about it more frequently than I'd like to... and it's never a good sign (from the consumer's point of view, that is).
DJMark 2:27 AM - 4 January, 2017
So you can't buy the software at all? Only "rent" it?
Laz219 3:51 AM - 4 January, 2017
Interesting,

I've only ever used rekordbox trial (as I had to play a venue with an XDJ-RX) but I would've looked at doing as a subscription because I doubt I'll be at the place long term. This definitely puts me off going down that route.
Especially as I have been far from impressed with RBDJ- it stopped dead and took the track back to the start 3 times in one night while nothing was being touched.
eugguy 4:19 AM - 4 January, 2017
Screw using Rekordbox. Use Serato.
DJ Unique 5:09 AM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
eugguy 5:15 AM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Dj_Nix 5:31 AM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
Screw using Rekordbox. Use SSL.

:)
Mr. Goodkat 5:51 AM - 4 January, 2017
rekordbox has some cool features but 10+ years on serato won out. i should have cancelled months ago, but i kept looking at it as a maybe, but i already have traktor just in case. which i never use either but its not 15$ a month either and an a10 does pretty well as an extra sound card.
popnwave 7:38 PM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
So you can't buy the software at all? Only "rent" it?

It's the same setup as SDJ, you can pay monthly or buy a persistent license.
Mr. Goodkat 7:45 PM - 4 January, 2017
well it only took a few days to cancel. still seems weird you cant just click a few buttons in your account profile and cancel, always seems shady.