Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Flip not working on Serato DJ & DDJ-SX2

Sound Choice Entertainment 12:01 AM - 3 January, 2017
OK I tried to get help using a "support ticket"... no one ever replied after initial email. SO now I turn to the community.

I am running windows 10, 3.1 ghz cpu, 8gb ram on a 500gb ssd with external hdd for music files. Flip was working fine until I did a windows reset (got a bad virus). Support kindly reset my flip license key but I still cannot get it to work.

I hit the record button on the DDJ (or in the SW) and it flashes as it should... beyond that nothing happens... the record button just continues to flash.

The DDJ is up to date with the drivers etc...please help or all my saved flips will be gone...I would hate to have paid for a plugin I can't bloody well use.

Thanks in advance
Sound Choice Entertainment 12:24 AM - 4 January, 2017
Gotta bump...
Xently 5:46 AM - 26 February, 2017
Bump, and doesn't the SX2 come WITH flip? mine has never worked?!??1 said on the box "included" but it prompts me to buy it wtf... it doesn't say "FLip READY!"

someone anyone help please
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:12 PM - 26 February, 2017
Hey guys,

Please let me know your ticket numbers and I'll follow up with the support team.

I look forward to hearing back.
JoeZ 2:32 AM - 17 January, 2018
I just changed (Upgraded) my mechanical hard drive on my MBP to an SSD drive and now my Flip is missing. What's going on??? I paid for the license when I had DDJ SR and now I have a DDJ SX. How do I get it back? It was working fine on the DDJ SX before the hard drive upgrade.

Please help.
mister_wilson 11:47 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
I just changed (Upgraded) my mechanical hard drive on my MBP to an SSD drive and now my Flip is missing. What's going on??? I paid for the license when I had DDJ SR and now I have a DDJ SX. How do I get it back? It was working fine on the DDJ SX before the hard drive upgrade.

Please help.

Does your flip work in offline mode? When you say Flip isn't working, are your old flips not working? or can you not program new flips? Perhaps something got deleted when you migrated your hard drive, but it shouldn't matter if you are offline using SR or using SX as long as you are running the same version of SDJ? Are you sure your _Serato_ folder was properly migrated when you moved mechanical hard drive to solid state device hard drive?
JoeZ 3:04 AM - 19 January, 2018
No, my flip does not work In offline mode. It used to used work offline before. My old flips are not working and I can’t program new flips.

I think my _seato_ folder migrated fine as I’m able to see all my hundreds of crates and cue points I set on my songs. Also, I dont even see the location/option to add the flip license. I do see the option where my Serato Video license was added. How do I add the flip back?

Thanks,

Joe