DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Controllers

DJGEE$ 9:02 AM - 31 December, 2016
What's the best affordable 4 channel midi DJ controller(s) on the market? I'm looking into upgrading to mid/pro level equipment. Feel free to rank if you have multiple answers. Thanx.
Ke_Djs 4:38 PM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
What's the best affordable 4 channel midi DJ controller(s) on the market? I'm looking into upgrading to mid/pro level equipment. Feel free to rank if you have multiple answers. Thanx.

Hey,

This is really broad lol. It really depends what you think is affordable and what kind of features you want to utilize. To somewhat answer your question, the Pioneer DDJ-SX has become pretty widely used by DJs and has been reduced in price from its original $999. There are plenty of other options but this seems to have been adopted to be 'standard' - in some sense
GusGomez 5:06 PM - 4 January, 2017
Get 2 turntables and a mixer and call it the day.
Ke_Djs 5:46 PM - 4 January, 2017
Quote:
Get 2 turntables and a mixer and call it the day.

Agreed.
DJGEE$ 1:09 AM - 8 January, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I was looking at something more on the mobile side. Such as the ddj sx2. Is there anything that's better in terms of price point and features?
Code:E 11:37 AM - 8 January, 2017
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I was looking at something more on the mobile side. Such as the ddj sx2. Is there anything that's better in terms of price point and features?

No. I really wanted some of the numark controller to be better as on paper the NS7 (1,2&3) should kill the pioneer DDJ line but it doesnt. DDJsx2 is a great controller. Finding something cheaper will be just that cheaper, with less build quality. Cutting corners in you DJ rig will reflect in you abilities. I'm no longer a turntable DJ as I have grown past the limitation of timecodes and fragileness of turntables, but as longlon learning you can NEVER go wrong with 2 tech's and a mixer. It will be by far the best platform to learn on bar none.
Sedona Psytribe 10:36 PM - 15 March, 2017
I just upgraded to the SX2 and love it. Can't go wrong with this as a 4 deck full on Serato controller with the flip buttons. Knobs , sliders, metal face piece all feel sturdy and really nice to use. If you can afford$700-$1000 you will love this.