DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Record Pool has wrong bpm

djsatony 4:23 PM - 28 December, 2016
As the title states one of the dj pool I get music from constantly has wrong bpm automatically input into the track. What would be the most efficient way to fix this? thanks
HighTopFade 11:41 PM - 28 December, 2016
Analyze. If that doesn't work, Tap.
djsatony 12:26 AM - 29 December, 2016
Quote:
. If that doesn't work, Tap.

When I analyze it doesn't overwrite the previous (wrong) bpms. I tried deleting the bpm manually so I can analyze it again but for some reason some of the songs wont let me delete the bpms. Any tips?
DJMark 1:02 AM - 29 December, 2016
Are the BPM's usually wrong by half or double?

If so you can option-click the BPM, then up-arrow or down-arrow.
ozfrombk 3:50 AM - 29 December, 2016
Quote:
Are the BPM's usually wrong by half or double?

If so you can option-click the BPM, then up-arrow or down-arrow.

This.
djsatony 4:04 PM - 29 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
. If that doesn't work, Tap.

When I analyze it doesn't overwrite the previous (wrong) bpms. I tried deleting the bpm manually so I can analyze it again but for some reason some of the songs wont let me delete the bpms. Any tips?

No it's not half or doubled. I know how to fix that manually.Some of the bpm's are completely off.
Dj Jetset 7:39 PM - 20 January, 2017
Quote:
As the title states one of the dj pool I get music from constantly has wrong bpm automatically input into the track. What would be the most efficient way to fix this? thanks

I would recommend you to check BPM Supreme, you wouldn't have this problem with them. I have been working with them for years and I'm very happy. Plus they have a 40% off today for National DJ Day.
djsatony 12:55 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I would recommend you to check BPM Supreme, you wouldn't have this problem with them. I have been working with them for years and I'm very happy. Plus they have a 40% off today for National DJ Day.

Is that a DJ pool? I usually use DJcity but I particularly like this pool because of the unique music choices. So If possible if there's an easy way to delete all bpm and analyze it, it would be the best choice for me. Also Is there a way to erase preset que points? Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it
Dj Jetset 4:36 AM - 21 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that a DJ pool? I usually use DJcity but I particularly like this pool because of the unique music choices. So If possible if there's an easy way to delete all bpm and analyze it, it would be the best choice for me. Also Is there a way to erase preset que points? Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it

Yep it is a pool, the cool thing about it is the diversity they have when it comes to genres, and thousands of exclusive tracks and remixes. Totally recomended! 👍
Laz219 12:44 AM - 22 January, 2017
As far as I know, DJcity anaylse their files with Serato software. If it gets the BPM incorrect and they don't rectify it, when you force analyse...it's the same engine checking it anyway so it'll probably come up with the same result.
I guess you'd have to either use BPM ranges if appropriate or manually tap it out.
djsatony 1:06 AM - 28 January, 2017
Quote:
As far as I know, DJcity anaylse their files with Serato software. If it gets the BPM incorrect and they don't rectify it, when you force analyse...it's the same engine checking it anyway so it'll probably come up with the same result.
I guess you'd have to either use BPM ranges if appropriate or manually tap it out.

I usually never have problems with DJcity, DMS, or any of the well-known pools. This only happens for one of my pool I'm joined in. But they have good songs and great remixes so I guess it's kind of a trade off...