Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SERATO DJ IS A BIG FAIL!!!!

Deejay Rudeboy 7:25 AM - 16 December, 2016
hello serato guys, i have to vent a little bit.... why are you insisting on making serato dj so heavy for our laptops to run? because i dont understand why scratchlive is working well yet you discontinued it... and both serato dj and scratchlive play the same songs, whether video HD or audio... with scratchlive there are no drop outs but with serato dj there are a million and one drop outs... people using a normal spec laptop such as a macbook pro 2012 core i5 with 4gb ram can play music very well with scratchlive but not with serato dj... to make matters worse a great mixer such as pioneer djm s9 only works with serato dj... what is your deal here? this surely does not make sense.
Deejay Rudeboy 7:33 AM - 16 December, 2016
i did some research and tried to compare with my fellow djs here in Kenya and everyone is complaining... the only people who are not complaining are djs who have very high spec laptops, (macbook pro retina 15 inch 2015)
mixgoonie 8:52 AM - 16 December, 2016
1.9.5 works fine on a Xps laptop Windows 7 of 2011, but indeed compared to Traktor,Cross, SDJ is aksing lot of ressources.
Deejay Rudeboy 9:29 AM - 16 December, 2016
it has major problems on yosemite.... and we cant upgrade to el capitan or sierra because we use rane 57 and dj equipment is too expensive to upgrade... or when we signed up to be djs there was a disclaimer that we should be upgrading even our equipment every time new products are released?
Dj Steve Mixx 4:02 AM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
it has major problems on yosemite.... and we cant upgrade to el capitan or sierra because we use rane 57 and dj equipment is too expensive to upgrade... or when we signed up to be djs there was a disclaimer that we should be upgrading even our equipment every time new products are released?

FACTS....
deejdave 5:54 AM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
or when we signed up to be djs there was a disclaimer that we should be upgrading even our equipment every time new products are released?

If you did not sign this disclaimer than why did you update to Yosemite? Seems it is the very upgrading you are speaking against that landed you where you are. Should have stuck with an OS that was compatible with the 57 no? Instead you went ahead and upgraded your OS full knowing the 57 had been discontinued years ago hence no support for Yosemite. Seems you have a choice. You can adapt and evolve with the world or remain stagnant. This is totally up to you. What it is not up to you is expecting the rest of the world to remain stagnant with you. This is known as progress and it will continue to happen..................... these are also facts.

Quote:
it has major problems on yosemite.... and we cant upgrade to el capitan or sierra because we use rane 57 and dj equipment is too expensive to upgrade..

You can't upgrade to Yosemite either (due to lack of support) yet you did anyway so what is stopping you now?

"The Rane SL1 and Rane TTM 57SL still require Serato Scratch Live. The latest version of Scratch Live has been tested and is supported with operating systems up to OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1. NO FUTURE TESTING OR DEVELOPMENT WILL TAKE PLACE"

- DIRECT from the Serato website serato.com yet you decided to completely ignore, download and install Yosemite, and hope for the best?

Also do you really expect Serato to never release any new products ever or move with the times and continue to support your 57 until the end of time? Are any of these fair expectations? Especially considering the fact if you had heeded their word and stuck with Mavericks things would still be working for you, no?
938MyDJ 7:38 AM - 17 December, 2016
Don't let the young bedroom DJs catch up on you, LOL!

I've seen a lot of these guys work @ Macdonalds (or similar) just to save towards buying current DJ gear.

It only takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours to downgrade to Mavericks that includes the download/install of drivers and softwares that you need for djaying.

Your i5 Macbook 4GB Ram won't play nice with an S9 & SDJ neither... you will need an i7.

So deejdave is right! It's stale-mate... Mavericks/Scratchlive.
Deejay Rudeboy 11:25 AM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
or when we signed up to be djs there was a disclaimer that we should be upgrading even our equipment every time new products are released?

If you did not sign this disclaimer than why did you update to Yosemite? Seems it is the very upgrading you are speaking against that landed you where you are. Should have stuck with an OS that was compatible with the 57 no? Instead you went ahead and upgraded your OS full knowing the 57 had been discontinued years ago hence no support for Yosemite. Seems you have a choice. You can adapt and evolve with the world or remain stagnant. This is totally up to you. What it is not up to you is expecting the rest of the world to remain stagnant with you. This is known as progress and it will continue to happen..................... these are also facts.

Quote:
it has major problems on yosemite.... and we cant upgrade to el capitan or sierra because we use rane 57 and dj equipment is too expensive to upgrade..

You can't upgrade to Yosemite either (due to lack of support) yet you did anyway so what is stopping you now?

"The Rane SL1 and Rane TTM 57SL still require Serato Scratch Live. The latest version of Scratch Live has been tested and is supported with operating systems up to OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1. NO FUTURE TESTING OR DEVELOPMENT WILL TAKE PLACE"

- DIRECT from the Serato website serato.com yet you decided to completely ignore, download and install Yosemite, and hope for the best?

Also do you really expect Serato to never release any new products ever or move with the times and continue to support your 57 until the end of time? Are any of these fair expectations? Especially considering the fact if you had heeded their word and stuck with Mavericks things would still be working for you, no?

You are answering a question i did not ask... did i in any way write that scratchlive does not work with yosemite? Mine does and i have no problem with it.

FYI i have access to a rane 57, 61, 62 and the djm s9. My boss has a macbook pro 2015 core i7 with 16gb of ram and he bought it recently, thinking that all his drop out problems would be solved. But this is not the case since the drop outs are there with serato dj. But with scratchlive it works perfectly fine. This drop out issue starts when we also use Mix Emergency while playing video. It gets worse when using overlays on ME... i myself have a macbook pro 2012, core i5 with 8gb ram. I experience the same problem too while playing videos. We have invited several djs to our studios and they all experience the same problems.

I think the issue lies in the making of the software, serato dj. I am assuming they changed the whole software engine from what was in scratchlive( which to me was the best since it had no drop out issues) to something that needs a supercomputer to run yet they both do the same work.

Change is part of our lives and for sure we have to embrace it. But should we change for the worse or for the better?
pdidy 12:39 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
FYI i have access to a rane 57, 61, 62 and the djm s9. My boss has a macbook pro 2015 core i7 with 16gb of ram and he bought it recently

Quote:
i myself have a macbook pro 2012, core i5 with 8gb ram. I experience the same problem too while playing videos. We have invited several djs to our studios and they all experience the same problems.

So here's what you do, just hire deejdave and in less than 5 hours he can diagnose all the things that you, your boss and DJ associates are doing wrong and have you all up and running flawlessly.
Tommy Deem 1:25 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
hello serato guys, i have to vent a little bit.... why are you insisting on making serato dj so heavy for our laptops to run? because i dont understand why scratchlive is working well yet you discontinued it... and both serato dj and scratchlive play the same songs, whether video HD or audio... with scratchlive there are no drop outs but with serato dj there are a million and one drop outs... people using a normal spec laptop such as a macbook pro 2012 core i5 with 4gb ram can play music very well with scratchlive but not with serato dj... to make matters worse a great mixer such as pioneer djm s9 only works with serato dj... what is your deal here? this surely does not make sense.

0 problems with serato since solved ns7 ii issue, great product.
Needs little bit more than other softwares, but why use it if ur computer can't handle it.
Totally happy with serato since 2013 when switched from traktor.

In that case the problem isn't the software. 90% of serato problems that people have are user related not software or dj hardware related, user.

If u need to upgrade ur computer then do it, it's part of the nowdays dj business so u have to live with it. If it's too pricy then u should think about that are u getting paid well enough.
deejdave 3:24 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
did i in any way write that scratchlive does not work with yosemite?

Quote:
it has major problems on yosemite

These are BOTH statements you made................... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh????
???
deejdave 3:28 PM - 17 December, 2016
I hope you are not talking about SDJ as SDJ works fine with Yosemite. Unless you have problems specific to your setup.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:15 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
90% of serato problems that people have are user related not software or dj hardware related, user.

This is all that needs to be said.
DJ Quartz 8:00 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
My boss has a macbook pro 2015 core i7 with 16gb of ram

This alone should point towards a configuration error.

I run a 2012 Macbook Pro i7 and a 2011 MacbookPro i7 with MixEmergency on 10.9.5 without fail.

Go through the documentation for fine tuning your systems and it will help you dial things in.

To say it's a big fail is not an accurate statement.
DJ J-Rol 11:46 PM - 17 December, 2016
I run a mid 2012 i5 MacBook Pro whit 10.9.5 sl3 and DJM S9 serato dj1.9.3 and I dont have Any Problems!
I never had problems
eddie3911 11:56 PM - 17 December, 2016
Quote:
I run a mid 2012 i5 MacBook Pro whit 10.9.5 sl3 and DJM S9 serato dj1.9.3 and I dont have Any Problems!
I never had problems

so do I. zero issues whatsoever. except I have a 16gb ram but still kicks ass all the way!!!!
DJ Quartz 12:11 AM - 18 December, 2016
I'm running 8gb of ram. My advice would be double your ram minimum. It makes a huge difference.
JDforKing 3:27 AM - 18 December, 2016
Are you guys using pitch n time dj too? I've actually run into a problem. For some reason my pitch n time dj wasn't activated and when I re-activated it I began having problems with the limit light. The CPU usage is at 28% and the limit light is still flashing.
DJ J-Rol 5:50 AM - 18 December, 2016
I use, no issues
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:20 AM - 18 December, 2016
I've had non user errors.

How do you explain beach balling each & every time I have to beat grid edit in offline mode?

How do you explain the fact that I still can't delete tracks from my library?

how do you explain that connecting my hardware to the computer is a lottery sometimes it connects sometimes it doesn't? Then I will have to either restart Serato DJ or power cycle the hardware.

Those a few of the issues my Serato DJ is plagued with. Believe me the list is long. I've embraced the reality that Serato DJ is a flawed product and I just use it like that.

I still use it for gigs as I'm deeply invested in the Serato ecosystem, I've bought Mix Emergency and Sound Switch.

I'm yet to have drop outs live but it's only a matter of time.

I respect that he lives in Kenya and still able to afford the hardware and laptop, some one mentioned he is not charging enough do you think he can charge exorbitant fees in a country where I'm pretty sure most people live on less than 2 dollar per day?

Deejay Rudeboy I suggest that you partition your internal HD and install a dedicated partition for your OS as a clean install. That's my assuming that you don't have a laptop dedicated to only djing. If the laptop is a DJ only laptop then wipe and start fresh.

I'm also looking to get another laptop for everyday stuff and was waiting for the new macs.

If possible rebuild your library too, start fresh and take it from there. Don't install anything else but your dj application (Serato, Mix Emergency) on this partition.

Make sure your videos and tracks are from good sources. I'm pretty sure you guys encode your own videos for your afro beats perhaps you can talk to one of the pools to get tips on how to do it right.

Sometimes it's just good to redo everything and you will be able to eliminate what the issue is.

Make sure all your firmware is updated too.

Good luck.
Dj_Danny 1:55 AM - 19 December, 2016
The core of what was said above is 100% on the money. Scratch Live 84 megabytes, Serato DJ 220 megabytes and counting. All non intel i core processors got flushed for what?

Serato DJ should make a lite verion! No video, no stupid non-sense like locker integration. All crap MOST dj's DO NOT USE.

Serato DJ has become MASS Bloatware!
DJ Fluke 613 2:36 AM - 19 December, 2016
Just curious, if you don't want none of that B's as your saying (video etc) , why not use scratch live ?
DJ Fluke 613 2:36 AM - 19 December, 2016
Bs is what I meant .
deejdave 3:33 AM - 19 December, 2016
Quote:
Bs is what I meant .

Million dollar question...........
deejdave 4:03 AM - 19 December, 2016
I am hoping we are all willing to admit that there are plenty of SSL users still and there is nothing wrong with that. That being said...............

You guys don't want to upgrade hardware. You don't need any of the new features of SDJ. You do not want to spend any further money. You want things to work as they always have. You think SDJ is a big fail.

Don't all of these elements leave a burning question of why are you using anything but SSL?

What Marv is talking about seems like the complete opposite. If SDJ is being called "bloatware" and excessive imagine what adding ME and Soundswitch to the mix would be called. When investing heavily into new HW and laptops etc. I can fully understand the frustrations as the new features ARE being utilized. When NONE of this desire or need exists why would you be using anything other than what you have been using all along?
reif99 12:11 PM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:
The core of what was said above is 100% on the money. Scratch Live 84 megabytes, Serato DJ 220 megabytes and counting. All non intel i core processors got flushed for what?

Serato DJ should make a lite verion! No video, no stupid non-sense like locker integration. All crap MOST dj's DO NOT USE.

Serato DJ is not bloatware, most of that 220mb is drivers for all the compatible hardware that it supports. The drivers only get installed if and when u connect a compatible piece of hardware. I think you will find Serato DJ itself is a lot closer to scratch live's 85mb If you managed to get a hold of a Serato DJ download with drivers.
deejdave 2:01 PM - 20 December, 2016
Serato video is included with installer for sdj by default now too. If I remember correctly this was not the case with ssl?
popnwave 6:47 PM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:

That's silly Traktor and Pioneer require Intel i-core stuff as well.
DJ Quartz 11:02 PM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:
Serato video is included with installer for sdj by default now too. If I remember correctly this was not the case with ssl?

This is correct.
deejdave 2:43 AM - 21 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

That's silly Traktor and Pioneer require Intel i-core stuff as well.

Traktor does. Rekordbox does not. Intel Core 2 Duo is minimum for RBDJ for everything but video rekordbox.com

Traktor however has even higher system requirements than Serato and does not even offer video.
deejdave 2:44 AM - 21 December, 2016
Sharod 3:13 AM - 21 December, 2016
Quote:
Traktor BTW www.native-instruments.com

Says it supports AMD processor? Interesting. I wonder how well.
deejdave 3:17 AM - 21 December, 2016
As well as it can be supported I suppose. I used to run AMD with SSL and had zero issues as in it worked. Never really knew what I was missing until I switched to Mac but the point is it certainly worked.
DJ Tecniq 8:00 AM - 21 December, 2016
I would have to strongly agree it's ridiculous SDJ requires an iprocessor and nothing less for 1.8 and above. Rekordbox at least still supports Intel Core 2 Duo machines. Basically if you want to be a Serato DJ you have to have the best processor on the market. There's always Scratchlive still but of course that won't always work with newer operating systems.
pudpoh 10:48 AM - 21 December, 2016
Serato DJ works perfectly fine if you meet the minimum spec, they don't support old processors or some of the slower mobile CPUs. They specify an intel core i processor, if you have something else like an older core duo then you need to run an older version of the software or upgrade your laptop.

For your information I can run Serato DJ 1.9.5 on a Linx 10 tablet which has a quad core Intel Atom processor in it and 2gig of ram. It runs perfectly fine on this and it is well below the minimum spec. So saying it needs a fast computer to run it is nonsense.
deejdave 2:14 PM - 21 December, 2016
Seems a bit of a stretch to call an i3 processor "the best processor on the market" and if serato is ridiculous what does one call traktor who has an even higher minimum requirement? Let's be honest here running ANY of these professionally without extensive testing on your own is not the way to do things anyways so all of these numbers are. It meant to be anything more than what they are......... guidelines. Nobody is saying an AMD won't work. Nobody is saying a core2duo won't work. Certain OS's are not supported but that is as far as that goes. What serato IS saying is they do not test the sw with AMD or core2duo prior to release so you do have a higher chance of things going smooth when you stay within (or as close to as possible) the specs provided as these were tested.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:43 PM - 21 December, 2016
You guys seem to forget that Traktor has a lot more going on then SDJ when used to its full potential even without the ability to play videos.

I mean you have key lock on every remix deck!! That alone takes power to do......

Just playing devils advocate here 😜
pudpoh 4:45 PM - 21 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Serato DJ is not bloatware, most of that 220mb is drivers for all the compatible hardware that it supports. The drivers only get installed if and when u connect a compatible piece of hardware. I think you will find Serato DJ itself is a lot closer to scratch live's 85mb If you managed to get a hold of a Serato DJ download with drivers.

Not forgetting that piece of junk bloatware in the windows installer called Apple QuickTime which deprecated and considered a security risk on your PC as it is no longer maintained or patched. You do not need to install QuickTime unless you have apple proprietary format music files aka mp4. If you do have any you are better off converting them to a format that is supported without needing QuickTime.
deejdave 5:04 PM - 21 December, 2016
Very good advice but probably should be mentioned this only applies to windows.
Deejay Rudeboy 2:52 PM - 30 December, 2016
SDJ combined with ME + overlays leads to dropouts.... SSL combined with ME + overlays =no dropouts

as you guys have said... i will use the ssl combination. my problem comes when i would want to use mixers only compatible with SDJ...

my above problem does not discriminate what kind of MAC... whether the super retina or the old macbook pro
8823430 8:14 PM - 30 December, 2016
I have zero problems on my i3 8gb ram hp laptop on my ns7ii .
I am a firm believer that you have to maintain your pc by optimizing and disabling the stuff which is not need to dj.
I only use my pc for djing only .I have a cheap pc for surfing the net etc etc.
I think serato dj is a good.
I think that a lot of dj's are not very good in making their pc perform , as i have read many statements saying that they have crashes ,popping ,freezing etc with not a hint of they have carried out a pc optimization procedure.
kebzer 11:26 PM - 30 December, 2016
I'm starting to believe that this forum is infested by people who have never seen SDJ pushed to its limits, yet claim that it works flawlessly with a brick for a pc laptop, lol.

Connecting a landboat for a controller is not "heavy use", running DVS is. Playing background visuals is not also, scratching videos is. Trick mixing is not, beat juggling is. These are the areas where SDJ is still crumbling and no laptop is to blame for that.

And the worst part is that we still have SSL as a proof that all the above can be done.
deejdave 11:37 PM - 30 December, 2016
Would you like to run a comparison of how much data is passed between a computer and a current Pro level controller Vs. a simple DVS setup running SDJ? You have zero concept of actual heavy computing. I agree with some of the things you say but if you do not understand by now why SSL was so much easier to run/support you never will............
kebzer 11:56 PM - 30 December, 2016
I understand fairly well what kind of workload is SSL putting on a laptop vs SDJ, which I would roughly say is somewhere around 1/10, depending if you're using PnT or not. What I can't understand is why Serato decided to bloat SDJ so much that it's practically unusable.

A controller is what it says it is: a controller. No matter how many buttons it has, it still runs on MIDI. The FX are still the same, and the platters run on midi too, or HID if available. DVS is a completely different story, involving live stereo SMPTE rendering that is multiple times more complicated to read/transmit than midi, even if you're running all 16 channels simultaneously.

SDJ still misses the DVS part, no doubt.
deejdave 12:35 AM - 31 December, 2016
You sound like you have a head on your shoulders but are a bit confused. Serato does not use SMPTE timecode.

"SMPTE is a form of time code that’s traditionally been used in studios to keep time since way back in the days of tape. But as Dylan tells us, Serato use a different technology with their control vinyl, and that technology is a unique Serato NoiseMap™ Control Tone."

djtechtools.com

This was back in 2011 and TRUST a lot has happened since then and the hardware has only gotten more advanced............. especially with controllers and not so much with DVS.

I do agree Serato has its work cut out for them but I think perhaps a brushup of how things go around here as well as just more technical knowhow would do some good. Not to come across as a know it all or anything. Even in the other thread saying Eskei83 and Jazzy Jeff are not turntablists. Not sure if that is meant as an insult or you just didn't know but they are BOTH in fact VERY much turntablists and they are in fact (along with a great deal who JUST competed in Redbull Thre3style) using Serato and DVS with little to no issues. Some quirks and functions they would like to see changed/added but working nonetheless.

My best advice is to send a link to Serato of these threads (so they know you mean business) .............. along with your actual issues and see what they come up with. Reason being is I actually think you could be a great asset in pinning your issues down. You seem critical and you seem to know what you want.................... Now what? You catch what I am saying?
938MyDJ 8:32 AM - 31 December, 2016
Running Macbook 2011 16GB RAM OS Yosemite/Siera (back up only) and Macbook 2014 16GB RAM Yosemite (Main Laptop)...

NO PROBLEMS!!!

This is with Pitch n Time and SDJ Video at 1ms buffer size.
DJ Quartz 11:32 AM - 31 December, 2016
Quote:
I'm starting to believe that this forum is infested by people who have never seen SDJ pushed to its limits, yet claim that it works flawlessly with a brick for a pc laptop, lol.

Connecting a landboat for a controller is not "heavy use", running DVS is. Playing background visuals is not also, scratching videos is. Trick mixing is not, beat juggling is. These are the areas where SDJ is still crumbling and no laptop is to blame for that.

If this were true, then DMC competitions and Redbull competition DJ's wouldn't be using it for their routines.

Here's a test, get a spare hardrive, put out your existing drive and do fresh OS install. Put just SDJ and your music on it and see how it performs.
kebzer 12:16 PM - 31 December, 2016
deejdave, SMPTE or noisemap, the concept is still the same. You have to track an incoming signal which designates a unique point in time and in order to be more precise, you do it on the stereo field to have double the resolution. This is still very intricate to do because it heavily depends on the quality of the incoming single, i.e. the control vinyl.

Now, regarding turntablists, Jazzy Jeff is the godfather of turntablism, alongside Cash Money. Eskei83 is not a turntablist even though he tries to label himself as that, If you have any idea about scratching/turntablism you should be able to figure that yourself. As for 3style, the shitty scratch quality of SDJ is still there, you just need to listen closer.

Nevermind, it seems that there is no other solution than to wait for the next 10 updates until Serato gets it straight. Maybe Pioneer pulls it sooner and we all jump to Rekordbox, I wouldn't mind.
kebzer 12:16 PM - 31 December, 2016
BTW, happy New Year to all of you & your families.
deejdave 4:27 PM - 31 December, 2016
I will let him decide for himself what he is. I don't feel qualified enough (or bold enough) to start making claims on what other people are. I know what they are to me and not even you can change that. As far as SMPTE and noisemap being the same thing, let's just go a step further and call midi time code the same thing as well?

I am wondering if what you "know"/do may be getting in the way of what you should know/do. There are ways to go about this. Still not making claims of DVS (or SDJ) being perfect but even the most critical/public of judges (trust you do not hold this title) have given credit where it is due.
deejdave 4:27 PM - 31 December, 2016
Quote:
BTW, happy New Year to all of you & your families.

Yours as well.
DJ Quartz 4:28 PM - 31 December, 2016
Same to you ^

However, don't try to question me about turntablism. You forgot I mentioned the DMC's not just Redbull.

I also have been in the DMC when it was just vinyl so I know what I'm talking about.

If you use pnt dj while doing certain techniques yes it does sound digital, especially depending on the sound that is being played.

SSL didn't suffer as much from this because they key lock algorithm works completely differently. But the quality of the key lock sucks in SSL so I moved away from it because of that.

I don't only scratch, I mix and blend, etc, etc. So pnt dj was a huge sell for me personally.

As I said in the other thread, if you're having performance issue. Get another hardrive, do a fresh build on it and test.

If you don't have to use serato dj then don't, stick with what works. But if there are features that you want to use or even try, get it setup in a clean environment and see if the problems persist.

I have used SSL on Windows and Mac then went to SDJ solely on Mac and haven't had performance issues unless it was direct bug in the software and reported it.

My suggestion once again use SSL if it works for use, get SDJ setup in a clean test environment at home and play around with it.

Or even if you don't want to a separate install for SDJ, you can still run them side by side.

Start with the 1.7.8 version and go from there to see where things break.

There is no reason and i7 system cannot run SDJ reliably, so you're going to have to do some troubleshooting.
kebzer 8:48 PM - 31 December, 2016
I'm not gonna repeat myself why SDJ does't work, I've done that already. If you feel that everything works for you, that's great as they probably do. For me they don't and my laptop was the first to be taken out of the equation as I am quite familiar with troubleshooting DVS systems. SDJ is broken, all versions from 1.9 onwards. They don't perform as expected and honestly I don't have any words to explain how. If you are a scratch DJ you'll know what I mean. Try and do some double times and you'll see why I insist so much on this.

As for midi time code deejdave, should I also look for midi clock too? Whatever. I don't feel like paying dues on something that is not working, only for the sake of doing so. The same goes also for DJs, no matter how big their names are.

Happy New Year folks, it's been fun discussing this topic but I feel we're running circles now.
DJ Quartz 9:03 PM - 31 December, 2016
Quote:
t's been fun discussing this topic but I feel we're running circles now.

This is my point, if SSL is working for then use it as your main.

You can dabble with SDJ until you feel it's working up to your expectation.

Unless you are suing SDJ specific hardware, you're not forced to use it.

If you are, then I can see your arguement.
EvolutionaryFault 9:20 PM - 31 December, 2016
I'm running a 2010 dual core i7 mbp at 1ms latency. 900SRT, 2xXDJ1000, 2x analogue TTs.

It's only JUST showing it's age now, in that I can create a stutter/drop out by scratching on BOTH DVDs tables, while a friend manipulates BOTH pitch faders on HID decks, while streaming at least two of the songs off pulse locker (the dvs songs), on wifi. With cables internet it's pretty rare.

Otherwise it's rock solid. Absolutely ZERO problems on 3 or less deck mixing, or 4x HID decks.

As mentioned several times, optimization of your computers background programs makes a world of difference. Also, never use the newest serato to perform.

My belief is that djs are terrified of change. I update NOTHING (not even my iOS devices lol) until I know they're glitch free and safe.
Tommy Deem 2:03 PM - 1 January, 2017
Quote:
I'm not gonna repeat myself why SDJ does't work, I've done that already. If you feel that everything works for you, that's great as they probably do. For me they don't and my laptop was the first to be taken out of the equation as I am quite familiar with troubleshooting DVS systems. SDJ is broken, all versions from 1.9 onwards. They don't perform as expected and honestly I don't have any words to explain how. If you are a scratch DJ you'll know what I mean. Try and do some double times and you'll see why I insist so much on this.

As for midi time code deejdave, should I also look for midi clock too? Whatever. I don't feel like paying dues on something that is not working, only for the sake of doing so. The same goes also for DJs, no matter how big their names are.

Happy New Year folks, it's been fun discussing this topic but I feel we're running circles now.

Where I ask, u have listed what is not working in ur SDJ version :D
8823430 3:14 PM - 1 January, 2017
I hear .Yes
There are many factors that need to be taken into account and that is all laptops be it apple or windows pc have one thing in common and that is there power saving to cpu power hungry equation .
The trouble is that these manufactures are after one thing and that is how long you can use a laptop on its own battery.
This to me is how they sell their products .
I am not a bit worried on how quick my battery dies as i always have it running on the power supply.
Tower pcs be it apple or windows don't have that problems as their power supplies are built to supply the most cpu power hungry and so you don't get any issues.
If you can try a tower pc not a laptop and you will notice the difference .
It has to be the specs on this web site