Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recording in serto

DJ JONDOE 3:31 AM - 8 December, 2016
I am using an older version of serato with a sl4. I'm not sure if the version i am using
is important. My question is this. Is there a way to record vinyl using serato without using audacity? I have a lot of vinyl and do not want to buy or download what I already have. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
DJ Tecniq 3:29 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
I am using an older version of serato with a sl4. I'm not sure if the version i am using
is important. My question is this. Is there a way to record vinyl using serato without using audacity? I have a lot of vinyl and do not want to buy or download what I already have. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
This is very simple just make sure you are in the "THRU" setting in SDJ then start recording your vinyl. No cables or switches need to be flicked for this to work just make sure your SDJ setting is so to "THRU" here's a tutorial youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 3:31 PM - 8 December, 2016
Set to* for example I have the SL3 and all that's needed to record my vinyl is have SDJ in the "THRU" section and make sure your record settings in SDJ are the same for DVS.
DJ Tecniq 3:34 PM - 8 December, 2016
There is a slight bug hopefully your SL4 is different but no matter what record volume I set for my vinyl recordings is when it's played back the audio quality is 50% lower so you'll need to use audacity still to get your levels higher and at decent volume not sure what's going on with that but it's been like this since the Rane boxes have been around. Good luck!
MilkieDJ 3:41 PM - 8 December, 2016
Don't forget to flick the microswitch on the SL4 to CD Input for the recording channel.
DJ Tecniq 5:44 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Don't forget to flick the microswitch on the SL4 to CD Input for the recording channel.
I never had to do this with the SL3 but maybe the SL4 is completely different. I just click the thru button and it's ready for vinyl recordings.