Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Duplicate deleted songs keep showing up

Joe Pro. not 7:19 AM - 7 December, 2016
I just spent over an hour deleting all my duplicate songs from one create only to find out they were not deleted. I deleted them using crtl+. What is going on?
938MyDJ 2:55 PM - 7 December, 2016
Should be "control + shift + delete" to delete permanently.
Joe Pro. not 7:35 PM - 7 December, 2016
My understanding is that contrl+ del deletes the file from Serato and contrl shift deletes the file from the hard drive. But what is the point of just deleting the file temporarily from Serato by using crtl+ delete? As soon as you exit the crate I spent almost 2 hours deleting duplicate songs the duplicates were right back in the create.
DjSyndic8 2:18 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
My understanding is that contrl+ del deletes the file from Serato and contrl shift deletes the file from the hard drive. But what is the point of just deleting the file temporarily from Serato by using crtl+ delete? As soon as you exit the crate I spent almost 2 hours deleting duplicate songs the duplicates were right back in the create.

firstly you need to go into the files tab I think and reanalyze id3 tag this will turn all your duplicate file names into orange then you can go ahead and highlight all orange file names and ctrl+del them from your serato database dont worry your originals file names will still be in serato
938MyDJ 2:55 PM - 8 December, 2016
Orange I think are the missing files... either moved or deleted but tags still sit on the crate where they were.