Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I remember when nokia was king. Like serato is now.

Telony Ex 9:30 PM - 6 December, 2016
Wen nokia was king of phones. Then came blackberry. Nokia neve listened. Serato is not listening. Pioneer is comming. Blackberry never listen wen iphone came. The chose to stick to there old ways and think ppl will stay because they had mass market share. Serato listen to the masses. We really like serato. The library mostly. Nobody want to go all over and redo and entire library. But like we jump from recods to cds to digital. We will run from serato to rb. It will be hurtful and hard but in the end it may worth it. Fix the software. Catch up. You guys have the blue print. All pioner is doing is copying wat serato already did and making it better. Some type of apple behaviour. Carch up serato. I really dont want to redo my library
Chino 9:47 PM - 6 December, 2016
Nokia is trying to make a comeback with new phones and they will run on Android OS in 2017.

Serato definitely needs to focus on stability and CPU/GUI optimization INSTEAD of new features! By now, Serato should know that STABILITY is PRIORITY #1!!!
Telony Ex 9:56 PM - 6 December, 2016
Speeding up while ur ahead is better than catching up.

I see pioneer in 1 more year ruling the dj space. They done hold on to the hardware market. The have the financial backing and experience plus sdj blue print to take it home
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:06 AM - 7 December, 2016
Telony Ex,

Its good to have an opinion about this kind of thing, however, its just as important to be constructive too.

What exactly do you think Serato needs to do to?

Fix the software is exactly what happens with each release of Serato DJ in addition to adding support to very popular hardware like the CDJ and DJM900nxs2 kit that is in beta currently?

Have you participated in the current beta? that is certainly the best place to provide feedback on any existing bugs you are experiencing.

Regards
Telony Ex 12:38 PM - 7 December, 2016
1. Stability and light weight. like SL. regain our confidence

2. Fix sampler bug when repeat is set to on and start from loop selected, sampler is not repeating track when sampler syc is turned on. instead it moves playhead to the end of track.

3. Allowing samplers to play after bank is switch. Listen to the end users, asking bout this for years

Like i said i really love serato and i dont wanna see a pioneering piece of software pushed to the side by pioneer
DJ Stygma 2:15 PM - 7 December, 2016
You don't have to redo you library at all, just use Rekordbuddy 2.0 and everything transfers over to Traktor or Rekordbox, and someone on here even developed an add-on that transfers to Algoriddim Djay2 and Pro as well.
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:34 PM - 7 December, 2016
Telony EX

Quote:

Stability is the top and on going priority at Serato.
Stability can depend on many factors with different OS and hardware. If you aren't having a stable experience, Support will want to help and find out why you aren't having a stable performance.
You may have noticed SDJ getting more lightweight in newer versions. This is also on going.

Quote:

2. Fix sampler bug when repeat is set to on and start from loop selected, sampler is not repeating track when sampler syc is turned on. instead it moves playhead to the end of track.

I'm not experiencing this bug in 1.9.4. (just tested to be sure) Have you reported this?

Quote:

3. Allowing samplers to play after bank is switch. Listen to the end users, asking bout this for years

This is a long standing bug, its not easy to fix, but it is recognized and being worked on.

I'm confident you'll be able to feel Serato is moving forward and in a direction you would like to see in 2017.
GianniP46 8:08 PM - 7 December, 2016
Are you guys committed to this new qt based code you have implementing since version 1.8? I am a blind DJ and have lost accessibility with my screen reader Jaws for Windows ever since. Currently stuck using version 1.7.7. Yes, I definitely miss ScratchLIVE!!! It worked all the time with no crashes for me for all of the 9 years that I used it. Heard some other folks on here complain about the new gui, that's why I am asking? Serato Needs to fix accessibility weather you stay with qt or not. Any shot of going back to the Carbon code? lol
Hanginon 2:44 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Wen nokia was king of phones. Then came blackberry. Nokia neve listened. Serato is not listening. Pioneer is comming. Blackberry never listen wen iphone came. The chose to stick to there old ways and think ppl will stay because they had mass market share. Serato listen to the masses. We really like serato. The library mostly.

Some of this is do to changes in technology, but many times as a company grows, a major disconnect happens between the higher up's and the end user. Without naming names, that is a big list - long term, the Marketplace will enable/fix what Serato does not.

I like Serato DJ, however, it seems like unless you're a big name DJ and a long time poster, little or no credence is given by Serato to suggestions posted in the forums.

I and many other Wedding/Mobile DJ's continuously ask for an easier way to prelisten to songs - and you would to if you to if you were constantly dealing with a huge library instead of only mixing a few songs. Every single Serato DJ competitor has it. When I first installed Serato DJ, I thought something was broken that it didn't do that, only later to find out it doesn't, and is in a fact a "feature" being fought against by the SSL Groupies and the SDJ crowd who's mantra is "stability first", when, IMHO, it should have been designed into SDJ from the beginning. Serato as usual is silent.

Quote Serato - "Serato DJ is award winning, digital DJing software used by professionals across the globe." So who's that? Only Club DJ's?? No problem if it is - JUST SAY SO and I'll take my money elsewhere.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:59 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
I and many other Wedding/Mobile DJ's continuously ask for an easier way to prelisten to songs - and you would to if you to if you were constantly dealing with a huge library instead of only mixing a few songs.

Could you elaborate on this - I don't do mobiles often but I assume you want more than just loading a track on deck b to listen before you crossfade/mix/play?

Just curious - didn't understand your request, I'm not a big name DJ but a long time poster so I guess that is why -lol
Hanginon 5:38 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I and many other Wedding/Mobile DJ's continuously ask for an easier way to prelisten to songs - and you would to if you to if you were constantly dealing with a huge library instead of only mixing a few songs.

Could you elaborate on this - I don't do mobiles often but I assume you want more than just loading a track on deck b to listen before you crossfade/mix/play?

Just curious - didn't understand your request, I'm not a big name DJ but a long time poster so I guess that is why -lol

Sure. Loading a song on a deck means probably having to change what the headphone is monitoring, and having to make sure the decks level is at 0 (can often cause a song to be marked as played). A dedicated prelisten (such as a simple right click of the mouse on a Windows machine) is much faster and less prone to error.

Probably the simplest solution would be to add an "Auto Que" function to the Samplers. Use a Sampler for prelistening, and the "Auto Que" would automatically play it on a deck that is currently NOT in use (i.e. change Sampler output selection on a two deck controller to 1,2,M,A).
DJ Tecniq 5:52 PM - 8 December, 2016
Incorrect bpm tagging has started to piss me off it seems it's getting worse with the newer releases...my question "what the hell happened" my 70/140 bpm songs are getting tagged at 93 bpm lol what the hell😁 It seems older versions of SDJ have a better bpm reading. SDJ is cool but if this is not fixed in 2.0 versions I'm prob leaving and going straight to Rekordbox...I'm not going to pretend the software is amazing it has lots of flaws...hate on me for speaking the truth💯
DJ Tecniq 5:56 PM - 8 December, 2016
As for the phone reference in the post title I think SDJ is more like a flip phone...nothing is progressing. You fix one thing and it ruins another. Maybe bug spray would help😁 Just keeping it real.
Tommy Deem 6:04 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Incorrect bpm tagging has started to piss me off it seems it's getting worse with the newer releases...my question "what the hell happened" my 70/140 bpm songs are getting tagged at 93 bpm lol what the hell😁 It seems older versions of SDJ have a better bpm reading. SDJ is cool but if this is not fixed in 2.0 versions I'm prob leaving and going straight to Rekordbox...I'm not going to pretend the software is amazing it has lots of flaws...hate on me for speaking the truth💯

None of the dj softwares isn't good enugh for bpm or key detection. Been using 3rd party software for a long time. RB dj dosen't do things any better.
Tommy Deem 6:06 PM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:

how much more stability u need?? Had only issues with ns7 II, and that was also user related not software related issue. SDJ is doing great when it comes to stability and light weight.

0 drop outs since begining, very light weight, can use other apps alongside SDJ, even wifi and still SDJ dosen't slow down a bit.

Have to check this, IMO there is no such bug at the moment, but will check.

Like i said i really love serato and i dont wanna see a pioneering piece of software pushed to the side by pioneer
Tommy Deem 6:10 PM - 8 December, 2016
Setting bad mouthing only SDJ to aside.

Lets list other software issues...

RB, slightly worse beatgrid analyze than SDJ.
Key detection, lot worse than SDJ.

Layout, only IMO, sdj has best layout on software.

Traktor, sucks with library management.

These handled through 3rd party softwares, so I don't have these issues but those who don't use 3rd party soft have these.

These are things that SDJ just does better.
Logisticalstyles 1:54 AM - 9 December, 2016
Quote:
sdj has best layout on software.

Traktor, sucks with library management.

Word. Those are the two main reasons I just can't leave Serato for Traktor even though I use a Z2 for a mixer.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:50 PM - 9 December, 2016
Change is the only constant thing in life.

I still can't delete songs from the library easily.

With every new update new anxieties creep in.

Now I don't know anymore.

I used to be the guy that will turn up at a club 10 mins before my set and expect everything to work.

I'll be royally screwed if I do that now.

Connecting hardware to laptop its like a lottery.

Previous premium partners are no more eg Rane

Pioneer got their own thing going.

Is Roland the new torch bearer?

I like the Nokia comparison only time will tell.