Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Double Timecode Input of CH 1&2 to CH 3&4

Bornd Fono 12:50 AM - 6 December, 2016
Hi,

it would be REALLY awesome, if that would be possible. So that I can controll 2x decks simultaniously with 1 turntable.

Background: I don't only use the actual tracks in my decks for scratching - I have a special scrach-file with scratch sounds (like the classic "Ahhhh" etc.) which I use really often to bring sounds to the track playing. At the moment, it's really a pain in the ass to use it...
Example: Deck 1 - current track playing. Deck 2: I can load the scratch track and do scratching with it to add sounds to the track playing in Deck 1, but I have to stop that and work on beatmatching the next song and prepare the transition sometime sooner or later.
I know I could load the next song, beatmach, load the scratch track, do the scratching and go back to the song I want to play next with "cntrl + z" and I do this quite often... but having to use the scratch files in the same decks I use for playing the main tracks is really not that comfortable.
With the function from above... I could load the scratch files into Decks 3&4 and use those decks as my 'scratch decks'.
So if I want to scratch using sounds from my scratch files... I just hit a button on my midi controller, putting the main deck into internal mode and then use "<" to toggle to the scratch decks, rise up the line fader for that scratch channel on my mixer and I am rdy to go...
...when I am done, I just hit "<" again and switch to my main decks, put REL mode on and can continue mixing.

I would find that very comfortable... anybody else too?

Setup: SL4, external 4-Channel Mixer, 2 Turntables

This kind of workflow is already possible on controllers... cause the jogwheels control Deck 1+3 and 2+4 simultaniously and you already have the button to toggle between that. It would be awesome if you guys could make it possible for timecode users too!
djkee 11:06 PM - 21 December, 2016
+1

I would like to see this on SDJ also.

FYI - You can do this for decks 1 and 2 to use the same input with the SL-1 on scratch live, by using the loop out back into the next deck input.
acemc 11:41 PM - 27 December, 2016
+1

A timecode routing option would be epic.
Even more so, would be the ability to scratch / control the sample banks with timecode.