DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the best sounding dj controller

Wendy Allen 12:49 AM - 29 November, 2016
I'm curious to know from other dj's what they think the best sounding dj controller is
SG SOUNDS 12:53 AM - 29 November, 2016
Quote:
I'm curious to know from other dj's what they think the best sounding dj controller is

The Roland dj 808 is the best sounding controller to date
DJ Matty Stiles 2:05 AM - 29 November, 2016
I strongly disagree, I believe the Mixman DM2 is by far the best sounding controller on the market.
sl1200 12:51 PM - 29 November, 2016
the DDJ-SZ sounds good
Logisticalstyles 3:06 PM - 29 November, 2016
Quote:
I strongly disagree, I believe the Mixman DM2 is by far the best sounding controller on the market.

LOL, I had one of those when they first came out back in 2001. I ran across one in a thrift store about a week ago. Back then you could have never convinced me that Doing was going in that direction.
Wendy Allen 12:13 AM - 30 November, 2016
The Mixman DM2 came out in 2001, I can't believe it would sound any good, it is for dj's just starting out.

I use the PioneerDDJ SX2 and I find the sound is really poor quality. Even if I use a sound board or a really good mixer, still find it to be poor.

Has anyone else got anything to say about the "BEST SOUND CONTROLLERS"

What about the Numark NS7 11 or NS 111?
Gio Alex 12:35 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:

I almost fell out my chair when I saw what that actually looked like! DEAD! LMFAO
Wendy Allen 1:11 AM - 30 November, 2016
I'm not dead asshole, changed my pic too, lol
Wendy Allen 1:12 AM - 30 November, 2016
So just because someone disagrees with you, then you become rude and disrespectful?

Did you look in the mirror?
Gio Alex 1:19 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
So just because someone disagrees with you, then you become rude and disrespectful?

Did you look in the mirror?

HUH!?? Are we still talking about the Mixman DM2. I can't tell if you're serious or not. Or do you not understand how replies to quotes work?
Wendy Allen 1:23 AM - 30 November, 2016
I almost fell out my chair when I saw what that actually looked like! DEAD! LMFAO
About is what you quoted to me, no???
Wendy Allen 1:24 AM - 30 November, 2016
Was this not quoted by you?, it is right under you
Gio Alex 1:24 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:

IN REFERNCE TO WHAT THE MIXMAN DM2 looks like!!! Are you the MIXMAN DM2 Controller!!?!?!?
Gio Alex 1:25 AM - 30 November, 2016
THIS!!!

i.ytimg.com
Gio Alex 1:26 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

READ IT IN CONTEXT.
Wendy Allen 1:27 AM - 30 November, 2016
LMAO, well I couldn't agree more,
I really thought you were referencing me,
Wendy Allen 1:29 AM - 30 November, 2016
Ok, then Gio,

back to business, what do you think the best sounding controller is???
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:48 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

IN REFERNCE TO WHAT THE MIXMAN DM2 looks like!!! Are you the MIXMAN DM2 Controller!!?!?!?

Well, they very well COULD BE as there seems to be a lot of "Trans"forming going on...
DJ Matty Stiles 7:02 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I had one of those when they first came out back in 2001. I ran across one in a thrift store about a week ago. Back then you could have never convinced me that Doing was going in that direction.

Bro, to be honest I just typed into google images "worst DJ controller"
DJ Matty Stiles 7:09 AM - 30 November, 2016
To the OP how about do some research and look at some specs?
Mr. Goodkat 8:09 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
To the OP how about do some research and look at some specs?

sound is kinda personal thing but personally its gonna be the highest end controllers of each major brand denon/pioneer/roland, you'd have to do your own research and listen to them live or order each one and see for yourself. you can send things back at most reputable dealers
dj_soo 11:19 AM - 30 November, 2016
haven't heard the 808, but the SZ is probably up there considering it mixes in the hardware rather than the software like a lot of controllers. Probably sounds about the same as a 900nxs considering it uses the same DACs.

That said, I don't particularly like the sound of the 900nxs.
dj_soo 11:21 AM - 30 November, 2016
Also hear good things about the Denon MCX8000
Tommy Deem 11:24 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
The Mixman DM2 came out in 2001, I can't believe it would sound any good, it is for dj's just starting out.

I use the PioneerDDJ SX2 and I find the sound is really poor quality. Even if I use a sound board or a really good mixer, still find it to be poor.

SX2 has poor quality compared to which other product on the market??
SG SOUNDS 11:39 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Roland dj 808
Denon MCX8000
Mr. Goodkat 11:46 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
haven't heard the 808, but the SZ is probably up there considering it mixes in the hardware rather than the software like a lot of controllers. Probably sounds about the same as a 900nxs considering it uses the same DACs.

i didnt know how much i didnt like it til i i got a 62. sdj and a 900nxs is pretty bad. but people are saying the 900nxs2 is much better. i dont believe it til i hear it
Tommy Deem 12:51 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Roland dj 808
Denon MCX8000

yep and behringer mixers sound worse than a&h mixers... difference is price... like on controllers, so in same price range and opinion from the person who is asking :D
DJ_Mav 1:22 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:

I must say I noticed an immediate difference between the Sz and my new S9. The nxs2 is "supposed" to sound slightly better, but I have yet to have seen or heard one locally.
pdidy 2:00 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Well, they very well COULD BE as there seems to be a lot of "Trans"forming going on...

67.media.tumblr.com
Gio Alex 4:49 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

s2.quickmeme.com
Gio Alex 4:50 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO
Logisticalstyles 6:32 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I had one of those when they first came out back in 2001. I ran across one in a thrift store about a week ago. Back then you could have never convinced me that DJing was going in that direction.

It truly was the worst.
dj_soo 11:28 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I must say I noticed an immediate difference between the Sz and my new S9. The nxs2 is "supposed" to sound slightly better, but I have yet to have seen or heard one locally.

S9 sounds way better than the 900nxs to me and the sz tech is based off the 900nxs. The nxs2 was allegedly developed to compete with the sound quality of the rane mp2015
pdidy 12:12 AM - 1 December, 2016
Quote:
I use the PioneerDDJ SX2 and I find the sound is really poor quality.

Who buys a $1000 controller even though they think its "sound is really poor quality" and proceeds to use it professionally week after week ? Isn't that a contradiction ?
DJ LIL M 12:29 AM - 1 December, 2016
vci 380
Mr. Goodkat 12:42 AM - 1 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I use the PioneerDDJ SX2 and I find the sound is really poor quality.

Who buys a $1000 controller even though they think its "sound is really poor quality" and proceeds to use it professionally week after week ? Isn't that a contradiction ?

might take a few weeks to be able to compare it to what they consider good sound.

most everything sounds fine at home, but playing out on a loud system its really obvious. kinda of a butterface type scenario
Papa Midnight 2:16 AM - 1 December, 2016
Quote:
THIS!!!

i.ytimg.com

What... the hell... is that.
Mr. Goodkat 2:18 AM - 1 December, 2016
i remember seeing those at bestbuy/circuit city etc

another great controller - although this was pretty dope actually mine died

www.tonecontrol.eu(120-gb)
djnonstopla323 6:37 AM - 1 December, 2016
Ns7ii or ns7iii
djdonny007 11:48 AM - 4 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Lmfao!!!!!!! Wow thanx for cheering up a crappy day guys.
MLML 12:52 PM - 8 April, 2018
Best Sound Quality Controller Ever Allen & Heath 4d & Xone DX, same sound card as the A&H DB4, 24/bit 96KHZ Allen & Heath Analog Sounding Controllers.
König Balthasar 9:37 AM - 14 November, 2018
Hi there,

can someone tell me if the Roland 505 has bether sound quality than Pioneer SB2.

I own a SB1 and the sound is crap. I want to buy a new, not to big, Serato Controller with good sound quality, i am also open to other manufacturers.

I have the feeling that pioneer goes away from serato to rekordbox and will not continue to have the high quality products on the serato side :-(

the new traktor S4 MK3 seems to have a very good sound quality :-(
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:43 PM - 14 November, 2018
Quote:
Hi there,

can someone tell me if the Roland 505 has bether sound quality than Pioneer SB2.

I own a SB1 and the sound is crap. I want to buy a new, not to big, Serato Controller with good sound quality, i am also open to other manufacturers.

I have the feeling that pioneer goes away from serato to rekordbox and will not continue to have the high quality products on the serato side :-(

the new traktor S4 MK3 seems to have a very good sound quality :-(

I can't speak for the 505 but the 808 has a great sound.

I have the SR2 as well and it sounds good.

The SB2 is bus powered right? I think mains powered controller sound better. I could be wrong.
dj_soo 7:21 PM - 14 November, 2018
505 sounds awesome. It has a myriad of quality issues tho.

I did not like the sound quality of the SR2 - especially the vinyl preamps.
benictrs 8:25 PM - 14 November, 2018
So the last two purchases from Pioneer that i made are the SZ2 and the SX3 .
I have previously owned the SZ1 and the SX2 and i can realy say that i have noticed a improvement in sound quality on these two series in the SZ and SX range .
I have never owned the SR series but i would expect a slight improvement in sound and functions in the same series controler from Pioneer . It would be consistent with my experience so far with this brand .
König Balthasar 10:07 AM - 21 November, 2018
Has anybody directly compared the output sound quality of the roland 202 and pioneer sr2 ? I know they are not in the same range, but if roland insatlled a better audio card in the controller than pioneer, the features of the 202 would be enough for me.
17tr2 12:58 PM - 21 November, 2018
Sound quality is subjective. If you don't define the improvements you're looking to get, you might as well flip a coin. Controllers, and how they work, require a bit more setup for best sound quality compared to traditional DJ gear (Mixers, SDJ, Vinyl). Either way, if you can't list what it is that you want to fix, you may want to hold off on upgrading.
König Balthasar 1:38 PM - 21 November, 2018
Thanks for your fast answer!

I often play b2b with cdj DJ's and than my actual sr1 does not have the same punch as the cdj, so i need a controller with simmilar soundquality as cdj. I know this is impossible but i want to get as near as possible with a transportable (not to big) controller.

Quote:
Sound quality is subjective. If you don't define the improvements you're looking to get, you might as well flip a coin. Controllers, and how they work, require a bit more setup for best sound quality compared to traditional DJ gear (Mixers, SDJ, Vinyl). Either way, if you can't list what it is that you want to fix, you may want to hold off on upgrading.