Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video pools

DJ Sparqz 8:15 PM - 28 November, 2016
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. So for my Christmas present I upgraded my Serato DJ and added the video expansion. I am currently using bpmsupreme.com which has a OK selection of videos, but I was wondering if there are better pools.

Does anyone have other pools they use to get top 40 videos, Latin, Country, Hip hop, R&B and Classics videos.

Any help would be much appreciated.
DJ Tecniq 8:51 PM - 28 November, 2016
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. So for my Christmas present I upgraded my Serato DJ and added the video expansion. I am currently using bpmsupreme.com which has a OK selection of videos, but I was wondering if there are better pools.

Does anyone have other pools they use to get top 40 videos, Latin, Country, Hip hop, R&B and Classics videos.

Any help would be much appreciated.
www.smashvision.com is the best.
DJ Sparqz 9:17 PM - 28 November, 2016

I have looked at them as well. I am considering them, but I wanted to see if there was any other sites as well.
popnwave 12:36 AM - 29 November, 2016
Quote:

I have looked at them as well. I am considering them, but I wanted to see if there was any other sites as well.

If/when the homies in Canada at xtendamix.ca get licensing set here in the US, they are a nice pay as you go option. Promo Only is another and they put out waaaay more country than either Xtenda or Smash, but the edits from Smashvidz are wayyyy more timely and useful for dance/top 40.

I'd drop the $60 for one month of Smashvidz and give them a try.
DJ Sparqz 12:36 AM - 1 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If/when the homies in Canada at xtendamix.ca get licensing set here in the US, they are a nice pay as you go option. Promo Only is another and they put out waaaay more country than either Xtenda or Smash, but the edits from Smashvidz are wayyyy more timely and useful for dance/top 40.

I'd drop the $60 for one month of Smashvidz and give them a try.

Yea, I did, I've been downloading their videos. They have some pretty good content, just need to add some more old school and Latin.
DJ Tecniq 4:08 AM - 1 December, 2016
If not smashvision Def check out www.vj-pro.net smash is their sister site. Vjpro is the creme of the crop.
djkurve 3:27 AM - 10 December, 2016
Club Killers and Club DJ Videos
DJ Tecniq 6:05 AM - 10 December, 2016
Quote:
Club Killers and Club DJ Videos
Not pleased with Club Killers video fx a lot of them look terrible. They are always going overboard and it makes the quality look really bad. Have had certain videos seem studderish as well..video frame issues etc. Video editing is very poor not all but quite a few.
Xtendamix 7:31 AM - 10 December, 2016
And they could get shut down at any time cause they are both bootlegs.
DJ Tecniq 3:59 PM - 10 December, 2016
Quote:
And they could get shut down at any time cause they are both bootlegs.
Bingo!
popnwave 7:45 PM - 10 December, 2016
I love Club Killers AUDIO remixes, but yeah, whoever is doing the video side of stuff needs help.
DJ Tecniq 9:16 PM - 10 December, 2016
Quote:
I love Club Killers AUDIO remixes, but yeah, whoever is doing the video side of stuff needs help.
I have found the problem files to be mostly John Cha edits. He adds a lot of filler to the edits that shouldn't be added. I used to dig his edits but he's been adding a lot more and there's a lot of video frame issues. I wanted to inform him but I don't wanna feel like an asshole lol...
djpuma_gemini 7:54 PM - 28 December, 2016
www.smashvision.net

Is great if you're in the US.
I've been using them for years and I used to edit my own all the time, but work and a kid make it tough to edit my own videos. They have the quality on lockdown and they do wonders on upscaling older content.
DJMark 8:58 PM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I have found the problem files to be mostly John Cha edits. He adds a lot of filler to the edits that shouldn't be added. I used to dig his edits but he's been adding a lot more and there's a lot of video frame issues. I wanted to inform him but I don't wanna feel like an asshole lol...

That's weird because back in the dark ages he was pretty much the only one doing decent work on the old 8th Blunder site.
DJ Tecniq 9:22 PM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's weird because back in the dark ages he was pretty much the only one doing decent work on the old 8th Blunder site.
Correct he was doing edits for 8thwonder/videotoolz but don't think he's with them anymore. His edits on club killers look blurry or pixelated like they are zoomed in too much and he adds all sorts of video fx like flashes and strobing it's just really overboard sometimes.
IamDJLo 6:26 AM - 23 January, 2017
I have used a couple different pools. SmashVids, DJ City, MP3poolonline, and Club Killers. I believe I have tried a couple more but cant remember off the top of my head. All are good in some aspect but I'd like to find some more pools with older content. I like Xtendamix but I believe I cannot use it since I'm in the US.

I also think it cool that some of the pools comment on this as well. I jumped over to the vj side a little over a year ago and I am having a blast.
popnwave 2:44 PM - 23 January, 2017
Quote:

I also think it cool that some of the pools comment on this as well. I jumped over to the vj side a little over a year ago and I am having a blast.

I don't think you'll see any of the bootleg ones chiming in since they would just put a target on themselves.

Xtendamix is the most active, with one of the Smashvision/VJ-Pro crew popping in occasionally. I think PromoOnly is the only one who doesn't engage on here, but they are active on other non software specific social media platforms (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram).
DJMark 6:42 PM - 23 January, 2017
Any signs of PO improving their videos? Last time I checked they were still using those big ugly chyrons in Times Roman Bold or whatever font that is, and those obnoxious little watermarks at random times.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:50 PM - 23 January, 2017
MixShowTools has been pretty good (not sure if they're legal) but you do not have access to they're catalog.

You only get what they send you which isn't much but they do everything, Country, HipHop, RnB, Old School and a lot of remixes.
popnwave 3:49 PM - 24 January, 2017
Quote:
Any signs of PO improving their videos? Last time I checked they were still using those big ugly chyrons in Times Roman Bold or whatever font that is, and those obnoxious little watermarks at random times.

I think they don't care any more.. they got burned by bootleg remixers taking their stuff and have never looked back. Doesn't seem to hurt their market (mobiles and radio) very much.
TanookiG 1:08 PM - 26 January, 2017
Also a lot of interesting and original vj visuals here - limeartstore.com!