Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

RANE?

hersh20 7:23 PM - 28 November, 2016
serato guys, anyone here have any insight with rane? i mean we all know they have been bought but i have been checking their site for updates for sierra and have not seen anything yet, and also their forum requests seem to be going unanswered.
Standing 8 8:41 PM - 28 November, 2016
lol!

great minds think alike (re: Dameian).
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:22 PM - 28 November, 2016
Hi hersh20,
Quote:
serato guys, anyone here have any insight with rane?

Sure do! What can I help you with regarding Rane?

Cheers,
Michael.
DjDundada 1:49 PM - 29 November, 2016
Quote:
Hi hersh20,
Quote:
serato guys, anyone here have any insight with rane?

Sure do! What can I help you with regarding Rane?

Cheers,
Michael.

when the hell are they going to send updates for their mixers to work with the new mac os and serato
hersh20 6:47 PM - 29 November, 2016
i am just wondering about the status of the company, it seems as though a few people are in touch with them. i also may need to send in my 62 for service soon, some things are feeling loose.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:13 AM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
when the hell are they going to send updates for their mixers to work with the new mac os and serato

They are working on OS Sierra support as we speak and hopefully will have an update soon. With all new OS releases we recommend users don't upgrade unless they absolutely have to.

Quote:
i am just wondering about the status of the company, it seems as though a few people are in touch with them.

Rane still exists, and retains some of the original staff, however are now part of the InMusic parent company.

Quote:
i also may need to send in my 62 for service soon, some things are feeling loose.

Get in touch with Rane and they should be able to help you out -> dj.rane.com

I hope that helps!
deejdave 4:54 AM - 30 November, 2016
Perhaps maybe drop a line to someone at Rane posting a simple e-mail address. Believe it or not a that is the seed of much of this doubt/confusion. E-mail has become a standard in support manners as many like their answers in writing.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:20 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Perhaps maybe drop a line to someone at Rane posting a simple e-mail address.

You mean on their contact page? That's a good point, I'll do that :)
deejdave 8:33 PM - 30 November, 2016
Awesome.
Beatlogik 8:59 PM - 30 November, 2016
Can't wait to get the MP2015 update, I've been blowing up their forum and FB pages the past 2 months to see if a release is planned anytime soon. This thread is the most promising news I've heard so far!
Beatlogik 9:01 PM - 30 November, 2016
I still remember the agony when I jumped on the DJM900SRT and had to wait a half a year for Pioneer to release the FW update to use it with my Retina MacBook Pro
deejdave 9:08 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
I still remember the agony when I jumped on the DJM900SRT and had to wait a half a year for Pioneer to release the FW update to use it with my Retina MacBook Pro

Was this really a Retina MacBook Pro issue or a new unsupported OS issue. Never had any issues with my SRT and my Retina MBP's or non retina MBP's but then again I always go half and half with one release behind and two releases behind in terms of OS.................. not counting currently as I am on Mavericks and Yosemite still due to El Capitan.
deejdave 9:12 PM - 30 November, 2016
Matter of fact is the new Rane issue you are having OS related? LOL.
Beatlogik 9:23 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Matter of fact is the new Rane issue you are having OS related? LOL.

I'm still on Yosemite with the current Rane firmware and driver combo so no issues actually. Big performance boosts with Pro Tools 12 on Sierra and the newest Final Cut release is not compatible with Yosemite anymore so itching to upgrade. MP2015 compatibility is the last piece I'm waiting on before pulling the trigger.

Quote:
Quote:

Was this really a Retina MacBook Pro issue or a new unsupported OS issue. Never had any issues with my SRT and my Retina MBP's or non retina MBP's but then again I always go half and half with one release behind and two releases behind in terms of OS.................. not counting currently as I am on Mavericks and Yosemite still due to El Capitan.

It was hardware related, had to do with the Haswell processors. Long exhausting thread here until we finally resolved it: serato.com
deejdave 10:30 PM - 30 November, 2016
Ohhhh yah haswell!!! Totally forgot about that one. SRT overall has been a bit of a disappointing story. I wish I had stopped at the 900Nexus but instead was "that" guy who went and purchased three 900's in a row LOL.
Beatlogik 10:55 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Ohhhh yah haswell!!! Totally forgot about that one. SRT overall has been a bit of a disappointing story. I wish I had stopped at the 900Nexus but instead was "that" guy who went and purchased three 900's in a row LOL.

Ha, yeah I remember you adding to that thread when the issue was still active. I recently sold my SRT for the MP2015 and am loving it. After Pioneer discontinued it's production I started to worry that the same thing may happen down the road with new processors...I'm convincing myself that Rane (InMusic) will still come through for us for years to come :)
deejdave 10:59 PM - 30 November, 2016
I have faith. Gotta look at this realistically. InMusic purchases a name with more prestige than all their products combined (an opinion I know) and the business plan is to released horrible products and ruin the name? I mean the odds are against them support-wise and TBH VERY unfortunately they have thus far lived up to the expectations or lack of :( Can still turn this around and I hope they do.
DJ Tecniq 12:27 AM - 1 December, 2016
Get a Pioneer S9 problem solved😉
chaka 9:15 PM - 2 February, 2017
I went to NAMM 2017 and InMusic was a no show. They had a private booth upstairs but no RANE products at all. RIP RANE, its officially over. If they don't show up NAMM to sell the vendors new products, then you aren't going to see anything.

And I agree with Tecniq even as sad as it is to think about going to Pioneer, but the new Pioneer has 2x USB so that pretty much is the nail in the coffin for RANE. I also saw all the other DJs (Jazzy Jeff/Beat Junkies) jumped ship and went to Roland. So there you go.

Seem like InMusic specifically bought RANE to kill it off
938MyDJ 11:24 PM - 2 February, 2017
That's too early to say...

They're still cooking the Rane mixer/cdj combo which are better than the Denon Prime Series :)
deejdave 11:27 PM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
They're still cooking the Rane mixer/cdj combo which are better than the Denon Prime Series :)

This is false

Quote:
That's too early to say...

................ But this is true.
DJ Barticus 2:04 AM - 3 February, 2017
i'm not touching an inmusic rane firmware update. i just don't trust it. all of you can test it out but i'm sticking with the solid working rane firmware and an older OS before i trust inmusic.
938MyDJ 2:10 AM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

This is false

Ha ha ha! We could all assume.
I'm not expecting right away...

But what I'm saying is, buying a big name company like Rane, spending million(s) if not hundreds of thousands, and doing nothing about it for 6 and half months is very unlikely.

Denon left their spinning platter legacy on the release of the Prime.
Rane might leave their mixer and sound-interface legacy too... They might even jump on the controller market-competition.
deejdave 2:43 AM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:
i'm not touching an inmusic rane firmware update. i just don't trust it. all of you can test it out but i'm sticking with the solid working rane firmware and an older OS before i trust inmusic.

Why were you exempt from Rane's HORRIBLE handling of modern OS's toward the end of their run? I mean horrible as in no other HW manufacturer has ever handled an OS update in a such a poor and slow manner............ As much as I respected/respect them as a company and team I can honestly say I do not think InMusic could possibly do a worse job than they did.
Quote:
But what I'm saying is, buying a big name company like Rane, spending million(s) if not hundreds of thousands, and doing nothing about it for 6 and half months is very unlikely

100% agreed.
deejdave 2:46 AM - 3 February, 2017
BTW I don't mean that to come across as a stab just saying I wouldn't be so quick to write them off. InMusic has already confirmed they would be handling all (valid) warranty claims on current HW. Wouldn't you rather give them a chance and see what they can do for free then just sit there with broken gear or be forced to pay for a replacement?
DJ Barticus 5:47 AM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Why were you exempt from Rane's HORRIBLE handling of modern OS's toward the end of their run? I mean horrible as in no other HW manufacturer has ever handled an OS update in a such a poor and slow manner............ As much as I respected/respect them as a company and team I can honestly say I do not think InMusic could possibly do a worse job than they did.

i was exempt from that update because i read these forums and waited to upgrade to El Capitan till serato, rane, and end users said it was working. that problem was due to apple breaking it's own USB audio protocol.

right now things are working great with rane mixers and El Capitan and i'm not gonna risk messing it up.