Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Tracks running out of Sync?

AdamSlaughter 6:47 PM - 23 November, 2016
Hi guys, please try to stay on topic...

Do you have any idea why some tracks run out of sync on serato? (Maybe 1 in 30/50 tracks i own do this).

It doesn't matter if there un-synced, synced, played at different different bpm's one will run away from the other.

Even if track a is playing a fraction faster than track b - but there both running at 123, even if i turn track a down to 122.9 they still run out have no idea why. Some tracks run out faster than others as well, and even it it looks like there only 0.1 or 0.5 they still seem to run away at the same speed.

I'm trying to get a mix down and it's doing my nut in?! Trying to jog it on and not clang while mid mix is tough when your trying to get it flawless for a promo mix..

Doesn't matter i've had the same issue with legit or pirate MP3's have it with a few tracks here and there and I can't work it out and they don't run out on actual decks only seem's to be on my controller and software - as I've tested them on actual decks in clubs!
DJ Unique 7:10 PM - 23 November, 2016
Try disengaging the "sync" and using your own ears.
It is much more accurate
AdamSlaughter 7:18 PM - 23 November, 2016
Oh wow thanks for your insight!!!!

I learnt to mix on vinyl abut 10 years ago I can beat match perfectly.
AdamSlaughter 7:24 PM - 23 November, 2016
FYI your gonna come out with some smart arsed condescending comment then don't bother,

I can beat match perfectly hence why I'm trying to sort this problem out its like the tracks are "cuorrupt" but there not on regular decks LIKE I SAID BEFORE, it doesn't matter what bpm or what speed thy are running at one track will always run out.
mixgoonie 2:05 PM - 24 November, 2016
What happens if you uses the same track on A and B and with 0.1 pitch difference.

Do you feel is also moving fast ?

From my experience, Serato has a type of sound where the beat adjustment are very clear to hear, so even 0,05 pitch difference is easy and fast to hear.
AdamSlaughter 6:57 PM - 24 November, 2016
I don't actually know I will try this and see what happens and let you know.

I know these tracks that I am talking about isn't a beat matching issue because no matter how much I move the pitch they always peel away at the same speed.
eddie3911 4:44 AM - 25 November, 2016
Lol
DJ Matty Stiles 2:40 PM - 1 December, 2016
If you learned to mix on vinyl 10 years ago then why bother with sync? Just an honest question
AdamSlaughter 7:05 PM - 1 December, 2016
I'm not bothering with sync? the topic says tracks are running out of sync. doesn't mean I have the sync button checked just means they are best matched and then peel away from each other, but that's just a long arse about tit way of describing my problem.

The only reason I have serato and a controller is because I'm overseas..

I've spoken to a couple of friends and they said it's a glitch in serato normally tracks that are produced that have swing in them run out.
AdamSlaughter 7:08 PM - 1 December, 2016
Apparently if I changed over to traktor it doesn't have the issue... best solution is when I become a permanent resident I'll buy some proper decks..... and maybe ship my vinyl over lol.
938MyDJ 7:45 PM - 1 December, 2016
You didn't mention if your tracks were beat-gridded or not... or did I just missed it.
But even if they were, there will still a chance that they will go out of sync... but in a very minimal way... something that can easily be corrected with minor nudging.
*(This is from my experience with Simple Sync Mode)*
DJ Tecniq 8:38 PM - 1 December, 2016
Are you using keylock? Use Scratchlive...wait you're on a controller that won't work. #longlivessl😊
Kev210187 1:04 PM - 15 January, 2017
Re anylyse tracks that run out problem solved 👍