Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Deck Switching (Instant doubles but flip tracks)

ZackDaniels 2:37 PM - 21 November, 2016
So, sometimes I prefer to scratch certain bpm's with different hands and rather than doubling the deck it would be convenient to be able to swap both tracks to the opposite side. Deck A > B. Deck A < B.
Despo 12:04 AM - 22 November, 2016
oh my god, you wouldn't know how many times i thought of this. And i know of a perfect way to implement it.

Like, it would suck if you press a button and the decks are instantly switched, your crossfader could still be on the wrong side and the wrong deck plays. Rather than that it would be dope if you could 'arm' the switch by pressing a button, and the switch only happens as soon as you pull the crossfader to the other side.

of course this only works on a midi supported mixer but damn, the possibilities.
AKIEM 4:11 AM - 2 December, 2016
This would also be good for using one turntable.

There would also be the need to 'offset' the bpm speed for turntables.

*guaranteed they never implement this
Will08272 3:12 PM - 10 August, 2017
Was going to suggest this as well, glad i searched before making a new post. Maybe the now this will get more eyes. Would be awesome for single deck users. A good balance would be to make the swap happen on a long press, that way a unintended swap isn't done.
AKIEM 3:15 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Was going to suggest this as well, glad i searched before making a new post. Maybe the now this will get more eyes. Would be awesome for single deck users. A good balance would be to make the swap happen on a long press, that way a unintended swap isn't done.

I don't agree. That wouldn't be good for "juggling", switching quick within a bar or so.
Will08272 3:21 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I don't agree. That wouldn't be good for "juggling", switching quick within a bar or so.

If the intention is to perform a juggle, i would agree on the long press not being effective, that isn't my style of play so i was going off more the fact that if its only done as a instant swap the room for non intended swaps increases. Obviously the solution would be to leave the choice on how it occurs to the user. In what brought about my thinking of this "idea" a instant swap would be helpful in the scenarios i ran through my mind.
Telony Ex 10:18 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
So, sometimes I prefer to scratch certain bpm's with different hands and rather than doubling the deck it would be convenient to be able to swap both tracks to the opposite side. Deck A > B. Deck A < B.

I understand what ur saying i there is actually a kinda a bunch of ways to do this already.

Say ur playing bob marley one love on deck A.
Then you got mike jackson thriller on B.

Now you want to have bob marley on B and Jackson on A.

Instant double deck A to B. Move ur crossfader to B then load jackson on A.

2)) Or you turn instant double on in setup menu. Using 4 decks or the sampler. Drag one of the tracks to additional deck, it will instant double. Then drag it back to deck you eant it to.

Sound kinda complex but think about it
ZackDaniels 3:41 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I understand what ur saying i there is actually a kinda a bunch of ways to do this already.

Say ur playing bob marley one love on deck A.
Then you got mike jackson thriller on B.

Now you want to have bob marley on B and Jackson on A.

Instant double deck A to B. Move ur crossfader to B then load jackson on A.

Thanks for the advice and I do that all the time using the prepare crate. Usually I'll drag side a's track into prepare crate then instant double b>a, then load "a" from prepare on to b side. Much easier to do, but like 5 more steps than it should be.

As for the having to make up for Bpm differences, the same way instant doubles works, it would be quantized or at least because of an instant flip it wouldn't really matter. I say let us decide.