Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Live Stream Help (Video Live Stream)

Tom W 3:53 AM - 17 November, 2016
Hi all,

Its 3am and I'm done researching.. I need help!!
My club has recently closed down so in the mean time I've decided to do some 'Live Streaming' on Facebook via the Live Video feature..

Im trying to run a live video feed with the 2 MacBook Pros but just can't quite get my head around the whole process (which I think I've looked way to far into and have probably passed the answer 100 times over)

I currently have 2 MBPs:
15-inch, Mid 2010 & 13-inch, Mid 2012

On my newer MBP I have all my DJing stuff (SSL/SDJ/ME, MP3s & Video Files) & my older MBP is just for everyday use.

SO THE SET UP GOES:
Turntables and 57 Mixer as normal + 13inch MacBook running SSL and ME..... 57mixer audio output > 15inch Audio Line In Headphone Jack.. I can DJ on 1 MBP and Stream from the other.

Audio is clear on the live stream. Visually I dunno how to set that up, thats where I'm stuck.

I have read this and it sounds like what I wanna do but dunno how its done - www.inklen.com

The Newer MBP has thunderbolt, but doesn't have audio line in... the old MBP have audio line in but not thunderbolt.. I could run everything off the NEWER MBP with an audio in > usb connection but Im trying to have the 2 macs working together (1 strictly DJ & 1 to Stream audio and visual) rather then 1 doing everything (if its possible).Ive spent enough $$ on connections and cords that have all been useful in their own way just not the way I wanna do things.. So if someone could help me out here in how to set up that'd be brilliant!!!

Thank you in advance,
Teez
DJ Tecniq 3:08 PM - 18 November, 2016
Check out OBS (Open Broadcast Software) it is free and allows you to stream audio/video simultaneously or other sources it is screen capture software but also has (display capture) in the settings. Good luck cause anything that is copywritten will get taken down from Facebook.
DJ Tecniq 3:27 PM - 18 November, 2016
As for the new Mac not having a line-in for audio you'll need a USB midi audio interface. For example I use a Behringer UCA222 my Mac is a Mid 2014 MBP w/o line-in however depending on how many USB ports you use you may need a hub for the USB audio device👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 3:35 PM - 18 November, 2016
Running video on a 13" MBP may run into some issues as the 13" models do not have a dedicated graphics card (NVIDEA). They only have integrated graphics which is not the best for VJ purposes the NVIDEA is a more powerful graphics card. I would suggest using Mix Emergency as it uses less CPU. Most VJ's use the 15" MBP as it has the dedicated graphics card for high performance usage.
popnwave 5:26 PM - 18 November, 2016
Yeah, don't be surprised if the Facebook bots pee on your parade :/
Tom W 10:54 PM - 18 November, 2016
Yeah OBS is how I've been doing it just screen sharing the 2 MBPs.. have recently tried the ME NDI output, that worked a little better but still when trying to stream the video isn't very smooth, lags a lot. Which I know could be an Internet issue.

Yeah Facebook was just the easiest to explain, I am looking into other streaming sites it's just convenient that my following is on FB.

Damn okay! Sounds like I need to sell up and go and do some research on MBPs

Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated!!