Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I'm disgusted by serato --- 1.9.4 worse than its precessor

Mauro Verdoliva 10:20 PM - 14 November, 2016
I 'to be brief ... I'm disgusted by the work of programmers serato !! I have three months that we're complaining from version 1.9.2 serious under windows problems that prevent the use.
how long you must wait to receive a stable and decent upgrade. I demand an explanation from user who has purchased the suite package
DjSyndic8 11:53 PM - 14 November, 2016
Micheal one of the Serato Mods said this on another Post

Quote:
Hey guys,

1.9.4 was a hardware release only to support the Denon MC7000 and the Reloop Mixon 4. Don't worry, we'll have something soon for you all with some bug fixes and stability improvements!

If you're having any issues and you haven't already, please get in touch with our support team and they'll help you out -> support.serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.

Just serato trying to keep up with these new controllers, this update was for those new controllers its not a proper update with bug fixes,
I guess that will be coming soon
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:32 AM - 15 November, 2016
Hi guys, the 1.9.4 release is indeed a 'proper' update but it's main focus was to include the new Reloop Mixon 4 and Denon MC7000 hardware. There are also a couple of bug fixes that have been resolved in this point release too :)
Selektah SwO 3:29 AM - 15 November, 2016
Thought I was the only one having issues with 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 .. Is this post in relation to SUdden Skips and Hiccups and Slow Downs when loading new tracks on well able machines? Just installed 1.9.4 in hope it would fix but didn't. I have to downgrade to 1.9.2 again and wait
dj zaza 6:13 AM - 15 November, 2016
frankly I expected after all this time a substantial update, 64-bit software, support for high-resolution screens, it is obvious stability of the software in general, and on the other hand, as usual, are only added to the controller, drivers for products that have Rane problems with OS are still there, it is said that the software is now compatible with Sierra hardware but many are still shut out because the driver development has become a long, working but not 100%, you say, do not upgrade, ok but regardless this must accelerate the development of drivers to ensure that there is security in the performances.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:44 AM - 16 November, 2016
You guys should definitly work with the support team to iron out your issues if you are having problems with 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 - these versions should be rock stable. You can troubleshoot with the support team by creating a help ticket here > support.serato.com

As much as we try to make sure Serato DJ and new OS versions are compatible with newer hardware drivers, a lot of the work is down to the hardware manufacturer for this. We do not deliver or help create the device drivers for hardware. The 1.9.4 release was only a small point release update (to include new hardware) and not a substantial feature/software change release. We definitly have some bigger releases planned that will (hopefully) include a lot of requested features and bug fixes, although we don't have an update to when this will be available at this stage sorry.

Regards
Philmixit 1:33 AM - 16 November, 2016
I have to agree with Scott C
1.9.3 and 1.9.4 - versions is indeed rock stable , I have no problem at all, you guys are doing a wonderful job , I hope the people who are having problems contact support πŸ‘ŒπŸ½πŸŽΆπŸ‘ŒπŸ½
Philmixit 1:37 AM - 16 November, 2016
Scott S , I babπŸ™ˆ
BRUSS 11:52 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
You guys should definitly work with the support team to iron out your issues if you are having problems with 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 - these versions should be rock stable. You can troubleshoot with the support team by creating a help ticket here > support.serato.com

Unfortunately myself and others didn't receive adequate help for our problems with 1.9.3 from their support requests...
It seems like we all have the same issue too: USB dropouts even though we're running on high-spec computers with nothing else running and all the 'perfomance tweaks' outlined by you guys.
DJ Cyrix 11:56 AM - 16 November, 2016
Particularely strange for me: i had no problems at all with 1.9.3 until about 3 weeks ago, then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts. Nothing changed on my laptop, I hadn't downloaded a whole lot of songs in that time or installed anything else. Dropouts seem to happen at random, not when loading a song or performing something else, just when playing. I disabled pitch 'n time, played with my latency, still the problem persists. Downgraded to 1.9.2: same issue. Downgraded to 1.9.1: problem solved, no more issues.
I can't put my finger on why suddenly the problem appeared though, i had been using 1.9.3 without any issue from the beginning it came out.
Mauro Verdoliva 1:16 PM - 16 November, 2016
191 as for me the ULTIMATE STABLE version of sdj.
And serato thinks a new controller... link... sample...
and the windows users crying...
alec.tron 7:52 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Particularely strange for me: i had no problems at all with 1.9.3 until about 3 weeks ago, then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts.

If you haven't - you should really flag that case with support and file a ticket!
So far every other report about the many problems with 1.9.3/ and .2 was from the get go after installing, yours is the first I read where the problems occured later - and those are the cases a programmer when debugging needs to hear about!
Sounds like a driver/windows update to me... but without close analysis of what happened under the hood, it's hard to tell..
c.
Mauro Verdoliva 8:16 PM - 16 November, 2016
I opened more tickets with the problems at assistance, without outcome...
Is serato that UPDATE your software, not me!!
At 191 zero problem, after 191 my system has problems?
Is a joke, i hope
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:44 PM - 16 November, 2016
1.9.1 loads of issues infact is the worst version i have used since the start of sdj. 1.9.2 and above have been rock solid really good stable releases! Great job Serato πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
terry tuff 9:19 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Particularely strange for me: i had no problems at all with 1.9.3 until about 3 weeks ago, then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts. Nothing changed on my laptop, I hadn't downloaded a whole lot of songs in that time or installed anything else. Dropouts seem to happen at random, not when loading a song or performing something else, just when playing. I disabled pitch 'n time, played with my latency, still the problem persists. Downgraded to 1.9.2: same issue. Downgraded to 1.9.1: problem solved, no more issues.
I can't put my finger on why suddenly the problem appeared though, i had been using 1.9.3 without any issue from the beginning it came out.

Well said that is what i posted a few days ago the same issues you have. I upgraded to 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 started getting the yellow/Red light & the dropouts my drivers and firmware is up to dated. So i did the same thing move back down to 1.91 like you said problem solved, no more issues. And the crazy thing is i never ever get dropouts right 1.9.1 is the place to be.
terry tuff 9:26 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
191 as for me the ULTIMATE STABLE version of sdj.
And serato thinks a new controller... link... sample...
and the windows users crying...

i agree with you 100% 1.91 is the only stable version out there i have no problems with. As for 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 unworkable big time.
DJ Quartz 11:17 PM - 16 November, 2016
1.9.4 Working 100% with DVS + 10.9.5 over here.
DJ Cyrix 6:52 AM - 17 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Particularely strange for me: i had no problems at all with 1.9.3 until about 3 weeks ago, then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts.

If you haven't - you should really flag that case with support and file a ticket!
So far every other report about the many problems with 1.9.3/ and .2 was from the get go after installing, yours is the first I read where the problems occured later - and those are the cases a programmer when debugging needs to hear about!
Sounds like a driver/windows update to me... but without close analysis of what happened under the hood, it's hard to tell..
c.

See, that's the problem: I did absolutely nothing, no win updates were done (I do these manually), no additional programs were installed, no music was downloaded. So I have no idea how this could help the programmers. I'll check again when I get home, will go through the list of windows updates but I don't think anything happened there.
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:03 AM - 17 November, 2016
Hi DJ Cyrix, sorry to hear you are having issues!

Quote:
Downgraded to 1.9.2: same issue. Downgraded to 1.9.1: problem solved

I would be interested to know if the most recent 1.9.4 version works fine for you, have you checked to see if you can reproduce the issue using this version? You can download it here > serato.com

Quote:
then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts.

There shouldn't be anything that would randomly cause lights and dropouts that i'm aware of. How consistent are the dropouts? If it is random, it's good to ask a few questions about what was happening at the time. What song was playing or what action had just been performed? What permissions did recent files have or any tracks sourced from external drives? Any scheduled updates/cleanups/scans that could have happened at the time of the dropouts? Even if nothing was actively being performed in Serato DJ it's possible there might have been other activities or processes trying to run on your system.

If you keep the log files of the session and attach them to a help ticket created with the Support Team then they'll be able to look into it and see if there could be anything causing this. Please provide videos/recordings if it is reproducible! If you are having issues it's much easier to troubleshoot through the support channel (contact them here > support.serato.com) :)

Regards
DJ Cyrix 7:40 AM - 17 November, 2016
Hey Scott, I'll try 1.9.4, but since I heard it didn't solve any of the problems, I haven't tried it yet. I'll also try to see if I can find logs of that time.
I'm well aware randomly starting problems are never really random and should be triggered by something, anything, but I have no clue. Nothing is scheduled to run from my antivirus, or windows or whatever.
If I find the logs, and 1.9.4 has the same problem, I'll start a ticket and try to record video. If it helps, all tracks are stored on my pc, not an external drive and my configuration never changes.
monkeyfunk 3:57 PM - 17 November, 2016
Quote:

If you keep the log files of the session and attach them to a help ticket created with the Support Team then they'll be able to look into it and see if there could be anything causing this. Pl

Thanks for this Scoitt - how do we keep log files for Serato when using a Mac ?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:29 PM - 17 November, 2016
Inside your _Serato_ folder will be a folder titled "Logs"(The _Serato_ folder is in your systems "Music" folder).

This contains all the log files of individual Serato DJ sessions. If you do come across an issue in Serato DJ, like dropouts, it's good to take note the time the issue occurred and then grab the corresponding log file from the session and attach it to a help ticket. The logs unfortunately don't describe every issue that could occur in Serato DJ but it's a good place to start when troubleshooting with the support team.

Regards
Big Pops 9:31 PM - 17 November, 2016
Quote:
Hi DJ Cyrix, sorry to hear you are having issues!

Quote:
Downgraded to 1.9.2: same issue. Downgraded to 1.9.1: problem solved

I would be interested to know if the most recent 1.9.4 version works fine for you, have you checked to see if you can reproduce the issue using this version? You can download it here > serato.com

Quote:
then for no apparent reason, i started having the lights & the dropouts.

There shouldn't be anything that would randomly cause lights and dropouts that i'm aware of. How consistent are the dropouts? If it is random, it's good to ask a few questions about what was happening at the time. What song was playing or what action had just been performed? What permissions did recent files have or any tracks sourced from external drives? Any scheduled updates/cleanups/scans that could have happened at the time of the dropouts? Even if nothing was actively being performed in Serato DJ it's possible there might have been other activities or processes trying to run on your system.

If you keep the log files of the session and attach them to a help ticket created with the Support Team then they'll be able to look into it and see if there could be anything causing this. Please provide videos/recordings if it is reproducible! If you are having issues it's much easier to troubleshoot through the support channel (contact them here > support.serato.com) :)

Regards

I am having the same issue, light but no drop out, it never happen before until i updated.
John Calipari 10:34 PM - 19 November, 2016
Quote:
I 'to be brief ... I'm disgusted by the work of programmers serato !! I have three months that we're complaining from version 1.9.2 serious under windows problems that prevent the use.
how long you must wait to receive a stable and decent upgrade. I demand an explanation from user who has purchased the suite package

If 1.91 is your most stable version, why are you trying to cram 1.93/94 down your laptop's throat. Is there new functionality that you just can't live without??

Your first mis-conception is that every Serato Point Release Update is an "upgrade". This just isn't nor was ever implied by Serato.

When they say stability improvement, they mean for newly released hardware. And what may be more stable for the latest Hardware might turn unstable for older hardware.

I "upgraded" to iOS 10 on an older, yet supported iPhone. It now runs like $hit. And I can't restore it to iOS9 cause Apple kills older versions. At least Serato leaves all of their releases Download links active. Take advantage of it.
DjSyndic8 12:31 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If 1.91 is your most stable version, why are you trying to cram 1.93/94 down your laptop's throat. Is there new functionality that you just can't live without??

Your first mis-conception is that every Serato Point Release Update is an "upgrade". This just isn't nor was ever implied by Serato.

When they say stability improvement, they mean for newly released hardware. And what may be more stable for the latest Hardware might turn unstable for older hardware.

I "upgraded" to iOS 10 on an older, yet supported iPhone. It now runs like $hit. And I can't restore it to iOS9 cause Apple kills older versions. At least Serato leaves all of their releases Download links active. Take advantage of it.

I agree
Mauro Verdoliva 1:25 AM - 20 November, 2016
it is evident that you have not read my motivation ... I work as a VJ and 192 appear to be actual video enhancements which of course are not in the 191. IS FOR THIS REASON THAT I get angry, WHY ARE TWO MONTHS THAT HAS NOT MADE A SERATO FIX A scandalous UPDATES FROM MY POINT OF VIEW.
DjSyndic8 1:28 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
it is evident that you have not read my motivation ... I work as a VJ and 192 appear to be actual video enhancements which of course are not in the 191. IS FOR THIS REASON THAT I get angry, WHY ARE TWO MONTHS THAT HAS NOT MADE A SERATO FIX A scandalous UPDATES FROM MY POINT OF VIEW.

hang on guys let me pull up a chair and grab my beer:)
Mauro Verdoliva 1:31 AM - 20 November, 2016
A guy of 43 years old
John Calipari 2:39 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
video enhancements which of course are not in the 191.

Maybe I'm missing something. I've compared release notes and have seen very little enhancements from .91 to .94 outside of the Sampler, sub crates, and Naming Loops, mostly just compatibility updates.
What enhancements are you speaking of?

Serato Video Plug-in should be essentially the same on all versions of SDJ . . . . because its a plug-in . . . and not integrated into the SDJ code itself.
DjSyndic8 2:44 AM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
video enhancements which of course are not in the 191.

Maybe I'm missing something. I've compared release notes and have seen very little enhancements from .91 to .94 outside of the Sampler, sub crates, and Naming Loops, mostly just compatibility updates.
What enhancements are you speaking of?

Serato Video Plug-in should be essentially the same on all versions of SDJ . . . . because its a plug-in . . . and not integrated into the SDJ code itself.

agree
dj zaza 6:17 AM - 20 November, 2016
I replaced by a couple of days my 62 with a s9, and not finding any problem, both MacBook early 2013 i7, that of surface pro 4, i7. Windows I have heard of only pops the first time, but no drop out, this was due because windows had set as the system sound card, mixer, when the sound of the surface set on the integrated card pops are gone. But I have not seen the program blocks or otherwise. as always I disable the network card, Bluetooth.
Mauro Verdoliva 8:43 AM - 20 November, 2016
Go to the release note of 1.9.2 and read all about VIDEO...
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:47 PM - 20 November, 2016
If anyone is having trouble running Serato DJ or Serato Video on versions 1.9.2, 1.9.3 or 1.9.4 you should contact the support team and describe the issue you're having. It's the most efficient way for them to help you out and try to diagnose what the problem could be. There shouldn't be any reason why Serato DJ and Serato Video would not work correctly if you are using a computer that meets the minimum specifications and has been optimised correctly.

Kind regards,
deejdave 9:20 PM - 20 November, 2016
Quote:

Again you are missing something................... 1.9.2 release notes - "Serato Video performance optimizations and licence management improvements" seems pretty basic enough...........
Quote:

"Serato Video is included in the installer for Serato DJ. There is no separate download or installation required" direct from Serato Video manual. Serato Video (like all expansions) has been embedded into the SW code for quite a while now..............

Seems flooding the forums with erroneous info is the thing to do lately serato.com but it is now at the expense of others looking for help. While I myself am having great luck with current versions I can fully understand the frustration that comes along when things are not working as intended. As other mentioned though I fully recommend working with Serato support on this one as they are VERY good at what they do.................... it is by far your best bet at getting things back on track. Furthermore I fully recommend getting involved in the next public beta as there is no better time to make sure things are smooth going forward.
John Calipari 2:13 PM - 21 November, 2016
Quote:
Serato Video is included in the installer for Serato DJ.

Apologies, you are correct. Purchasing Serato Video only flips the internal switch and enables Video.

But if 5/16 .91 release works on a machine "as intended", and every release since has gotten progressively worse, why continually insist using them? Revert back to what worked . . . which was only 6 months ago until Serato works it out.

I don't use Video but I'd wager few VDJ's who successfully used .91 and later can't cite a tangible difference in Quality between them.
ceedogg13 5:41 PM - 21 November, 2016
never again will i use 1.9.4 ever again , i did a 74 min mixx on to get to 70 and the song jumped all the way to the end of the song without me touching anything back 2 1.9.1 each 9. is not good at all only 1.9.1 I'm running a good mac with i7 and ns7 ii neva again... i remember having traktor pro and never having no issues not soever
SirForce 1:04 PM - 22 November, 2016
Still on 1.9.1 here....
djenzyme 3:13 PM - 22 November, 2016
I can't even use 1.9.4. Im currently using with CDJ-850s and the HID is completely broken.

Not a good look...
SirForce 3:17 PM - 22 November, 2016
Quote:
I can't even use 1.9.4. Im currently using with CDJ-850s and the HID is completely broken.

I have to wonder when these types of problems occur, what the heck is going on with the source code. When things like this break are there really major code changes taking place constantly that continue to break working legacy code? Is the software being refactored constantly on a large scale?
DANGERUST 4:57 PM - 22 November, 2016
Hi Guy's,
I'm running with a mac using Sierra with a DDJ-SX2 and Pioneer S9. (Not at the same time)
The only trouble i'm having with 1.9.3 is the waveform freezes for a few seconds every now and then.
Even when I live streaming, I'm running OBS with a external webcam using a couple of website pages open and using split screens. That's the only issue I have.
I can live with that.
John Calipari 6:23 AM - 23 November, 2016
Quote:
Hi Guy's,
I'm running with a mac using Sierra with a DDJ-SX2 and Pioneer S9. (Not at the same time)
The only trouble i'm having with 1.9.3 is the waveform freezes for a few seconds every now and then.
Even when I live streaming, I'm running OBS with a external webcam using a couple of website pages open and using split screens. That's the only issue I have.
I can live with that.

Now that a you mention it. Mine freezes to, even in offline mode. Didn't think much of it till you said it. I'm also running .93 on a i7 MacBook with Sierra 10.2.

Might roll back to .91 when I get the time
John Calipari 5:25 PM - 28 November, 2016
1.95 Beta has corrected the few issues I was experiencing on .94.

But it is a Beta so wouldn't recommend using on a live gig, albeit it feels as solid and stable as any Final Release I've tried thus far