Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.9.4 ?

Jawatricks 9:51 PM - 14 November, 2016
Hey guys,

This thread is manly adressed to the serato support team, but your opinion matters too, that's why I post that here.

I don't even installed the new update yet that i'm already disapointed.
I've read the notes about the update, as i do before any new installation, and i was thinking before opening them :"Damn that's good news, finally an update that will solves some big issues brought by the 1.9.3" and when I saw the changes, I was like :"WTF that's all?".

I mean, after all those complains about stability of the software, weird noises, crashes,... And not a single information on those points, that are for me the most important ones??
That's cool to have fixes on the MCX8000, which i use, and the NV, but why don't you give us any informations about the software changes for EVERY users (except the 2 points described in the notes that were not so crucials according to me)?

Now I am afraid to install it, i don't want any problems during one of my gigs, but if someone has the courage to try it, a feedback would be appraciated. For what i've seen, I think that's a "useless" update, but please tell me I'm wrong!
alec.tron 9:59 PM - 14 November, 2016
Same here.
Very odd to announce an official investigation into the reported erratic behaviours of 1.9.3 & .2, primarily on windows versions causing problems for many, to then go silent for weeks on the topic and now release a new version that does not address any of the many issues raised (nor give any feedback on the findings in the threads)...?!
c.
DrMindbender 10:00 PM - 14 November, 2016
I am old to serato scratch live, SL1. like the software.

thinking about new hardware, downloaded the new SDJ 1.9.3 and .4, to try out the offline look...

1.9.3 or .4 install but don't run. launch and they crash before giving any screens. tried some troubleshooting offered in the forums (disabling library folder, etc) but no luck.

installed 1.7.x version and the software opened just fine. read my 40g library no problem.

You are right to not upgrade!!!

SERATO: you broke your latest version; I have heard many people having the same problem, but no fix from 1.9.3 to .4...

I am afraid to choose serato hardware now. or try SDJ.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:07 PM - 14 November, 2016
Hey guys,

1.9.4 was a hardware release only to support the Denon MC7000 and the Reloop Mixon 4. Don't worry, we'll have something soon for you all with some bug fixes and stability improvements!

If you're having any issues and you haven't already, please get in touch with our support team and they'll help you out -> support.serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.
DjSyndic8 12:08 AM - 15 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

1.9.4 was a hardware release only to support the Denon MC7000 and the Reloop Mixon 4. Don't worry, we'll have something soon for you all with some bug fixes and stability improvements!

If you're having any issues and you haven't already, please get in touch with our support team and they'll help you out -> support.serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.

Thanks Michael I think the release should've been named "Serato DJ 1.93.2"
skinnyguy 12:48 AM - 15 November, 2016
@DrMindBender - I don't think SDJ is supported on the SL1, if that is what you are using. Only ScratchLive.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:27 AM - 15 November, 2016
Quote:
Thanks Michael I think the release should've been named "Serato DJ 1.93.2"

If we ever go to 3 decimal places for release numbers then I agree ;)
de beers 8:53 AM - 15 November, 2016
I just installed the 94 and was very dissapointed.

Now i show up here and have to find out its not including the issue-fixes at all.

At least mention it before yyou let us install-uninstall the holy ....

Thanks for nothing......

very disapointing serato-user from the netherlands
DJ Cyrix 2:24 PM - 15 November, 2016
Quote:
I just installed the 94 and was very dissapointed.

Now i show up here and have to find out its not including the issue-fixes at all.

At least mention it before yyou let us install-uninstall the holy ....

Thanks for nothing......

very disapointing serato-user from the netherlands

Well you should always read the release notes before installing a new version... Then you would've known the problems in 1.9.2/3 weren't addressed.
I'm sticking to 1.9.1 atm.
de beers 2:38 PM - 15 November, 2016
thanks for your advise mr Cyrix

very helpfull
Big Pops 9:09 PM - 15 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Michael.

What about 64bit support, its time Serato support this.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:54 PM - 15 November, 2016
Hey Big Pops,

Quote:

What would you be looking for from 64 bit support?
Big Pops 11:16 PM - 15 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey Big Pops,

Quote:

What would you be looking for from 64 bit support?

The reason you are able to access much more RAM on 64 than 32 and thus the software runs much more better.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:16 AM - 16 November, 2016
Understood. Are there current issues you are experiencing with Serato DJ that we can help you with in the meantime?
DJ MATRIX @ 4:05 AM - 16 November, 2016
they only care about new hardware so they can make more money they could give a shit about dis using old hardware to dj thats why they don't care about fixing any bugs or issues for us 1.9.2 is that most stable for me thx a lot serato
MurdoX 4:28 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Don't worry, we'll have something soon for you all with some bug fixes and stability improvements!
Michael.

Soon? Some of us have been waiting for years!!
DjSyndic8 4:29 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
they only care about new hardware so they can make more money they could give a shit about dis using old hardware to dj thats why they don't care about fixing any bugs or issues for us 1.9.2 is that most stable for me thx a lot serato

now now brother I see your frustration but don't forget Serato still has to keep up with the new controllers that are being released cause theres a lot of DJs that are waiting for these update,
every DJ's setup is different I consider 1.93 a stable and solid version for me but for others its not,
thats why I don't get mad at Serato anymore DJing for me is an endless road of constant troubleshooting and I wont totally rely on serato or this forum to fix my issues I use the worldwide web to look for solutions but this forum does give out useful information,

so dont take it to heart 1.94 will be out soon and fingers crossed it might fix your issue good luck
mixgoonie 8:24 AM - 16 November, 2016
I think also the performance issues that only certains setups are facing is not making the issue easy to fix.

Ask every IT/developer person, troubleshooting such cases can be a real nightmare.

But the stability issue should indeed now be a priority.
skinnyguy 6:07 PM - 17 November, 2016
colored crates would be nice. better yet, color the entire space instead of the crate.
Big Pops 9:27 PM - 17 November, 2016
Quote:
colored crates would be nice. better yet, color the entire space instead of the crate.

Quote:

+1
DJ Heir-Raid 1:29 AM - 19 November, 2016
Same issues and complaints and yet no functional fixes for all platforms...and these issues have been going on for years. I will say that I use 1.92 and have no real issues that I can.....although the NS7 III & Serato DJ can get a little quirky at times.

As for added features....I've always wondered why Serato DJ haven't incorporated the Day/Night feature like it was on Itch. It can be very useful for mobile jocks especially in the summer time.