Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Comments/Tags reappear. How do I delete all comments/tags?

St.Nick 9:34 AM - 2 November, 2016
I have decided to do a full re-install of Serato Scratch, as my crates were REALLY messy!!

I have gone through a lot of tunes, and physically deleted the 'comments' and 'album' fields (using windows), however when I build new crates, drag/drop and analyse the tracks, the 'comments' and 'album' data reappears.

I want to rebuild my crates without the 'comments' and album data.
Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.
formido11 11:40 AM - 2 November, 2016
Not sure if this works but have you tried to force a re-analyse?
JayB1200 3:40 PM - 2 November, 2016
The Files may be "Read-Only"?

Or you can try to delete them with a tagging program like Tag & Rename.
St.Nick 7:28 AM - 3 November, 2016
@formido11.... yes, I have force re-analysed. It doesn't make a difference.

@JayB1200... The files are changed from 'read only', in order to remove the comments. Haven't tried Tag & Rename. I'll do some research.
b_kingsley 10:29 PM - 5 November, 2016
If using Mac, spend 4 bucks and download Squid... best id3 manager ive ever used and works seemlessly with iTunes, Serato, Mixed in key. Batch edit all your files and delete the comment and whatever fields you wish, then click save and boom youre done... changes show up in other programs instantly... with protected files, ive been able to click on the discogs tag and just relabel them within the program along with original album art, correct year, etc... you can even set it to never write over comments
St.Nick 3:02 AM - 6 November, 2016
Ok. I downloaded ID3-TagIT to edit the tags. (I'm using PC and WINDOWS)

I removed all 'comments', 'BPM', and 'album' data from the tags.
I uninstalled Serato from my laptop.
I reinstalled Serato using the CD.

When I opened the fresh re-install, there were already crates present. I deleted the crates, uninstalled Serato. The ID tags of the files on the laptop have NOT changed; all the info I deleted has stayed deleted.
I noticed that one of my music folders had SERATO and SERATO BACKUP folders... They were a decent size ( a few gB each), which i deleted.

I fully re-install Serato. This time there are no crates already present. I double-checked all folders using Windows AND ID3-TagIT, and found some files STILL had 'comments' present. The 'read-only' radio button is not pressed. I deleted those comments, and drag/dropped the files into newly created crates.

Some tracks still have 'comments', but most don't. Whilst this is far from perfect, and I don't know why it still happens, I guess I'll just have to put up with it.
b_kingsley 9:38 AM - 6 November, 2016
I had issues in the past with crates in Serato DJ and SSL... Nowadays I use iTunes playlists as my crates... I've always had big gripes with the limited amount of preferences available within Serato, especially when offline.

Either way though, it's always tedious getting organized... wish you the best with it...
XclusiveCity 12:25 PM - 6 November, 2016
You have to remove all the ID3v1 Tags and make sure to convert all your ID3 Tags to version v2.3 as it works best with Serato DJ and SSL. I use MP3Tag and/or MetaBliss.
DJ Shameless 5:43 PM - 6 November, 2016
open SSL to show your ALL crate
select all your tracks with 'CTRL + A'
Double click any 'comment' and then press delete. SSL will ask if you want to change the comment for all tracks, then press YES

This will delete the data for all Comments selected
b_kingsley 8:59 PM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:
If using Mac, spend 4 bucks and download Squid... best id3 manager ive ever used and works seemlessly with iTunes, Serato, Mixed in key. Batch edit all your files and delete the comment and whatever fields you wish, then click save and boom youre done... changes show up in other programs instantly... with protected files, ive been able to click on the discogs tag and just relabel them within the program along with original album art, correct year, etc... you can even set it to never write over comments

Just wanted to correct myself... program called "Squeed" not Squid...
DJ RIGGG 8:39 PM - 7 January, 2020
you can delete ALL or what ever comments in bulk within Serato itself. There is no need for an outside forum. Just highlight the songs as if you were trying to delete them. Then double click on any comment field and change it to whatever you want, or leave it blank. Serato will ask you are you sure you want to change what ever amount of fields you chose. Click YES.

thank me later.