Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ won't allow me to drag songs into List

itsdjzero 7:43 PM - 29 October, 2016
So recently I have issues with placing my songs from my folder to my serato.
my Mouse turns into a X sign.

I would then have to use "Files" then search the song which when going LIVE it becomes a problem.

any way to fix this?

I have windows 7, and I when I open the program; I have this text saying if I want changes done to my computer by this program "Serato DJ".

please help, I want to be able to drag and drop my music without a problem.

thank you
Hanginon 8:29 PM - 29 October, 2016
Drag and drop from where?

Sounds like you have Serato properties set to "Administrator". Right click on the Serato desktop icon, uncheck the "Run as Admintrator" button.
itsdjzero 8:45 PM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:
Drag and drop from where?

Sounds like you have Serato properties set to "Administrator". Right click on the Serato desktop icon, uncheck the "Run as Admintrator" button.

say I download a track and it goes to my download folder, I would have some "Unwanted" tracks there, but I can't drag them into Serato Track list
Hanginon 8:46 PM - 29 October, 2016
Did you check what I asked you to?
itsdjzero 8:47 PM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:
Did you check what I asked you to?

I right clicked and it doesn't give the option to "run as administrator" or to uncheck it.
Hanginon 8:50 PM - 29 October, 2016
Click on the "Compatability " tab.
itsdjzero 8:51 PM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:
Click on the "Compatability " tab.

I clicked on properties and tried to give every account on windows the permission to have FULL Authority over the program, will this work?

What will I do after I click on compatability?
Hanginon 9:00 PM - 29 October, 2016
You shouldn't have to do that.

Are you sure, after right-clicking on the Serato icon and then clicking on the Compatibility Tab you don't see a box near the bottom that says "Run as Administrator"?

Your not logged in as Administrator, are you?
itsdjzero 9:09 PM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:

Are you sure, after right-clicking on the Serato icon and then clicking on the Compatibility Tab you don't see a box near the bottom that says "Run as Administrator"?

yes, I am there the box is not checked.

I am "supposed" to be Administrator, it's just one account on this laptop and that is Me.
itsdjzero 9:44 PM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:

I unchecked the "run as Administrator"
I still get the text saying to if we would like this program to make changes, the program says "Serato DJ Limited"
Brooklyn718 7:10 AM - 11 January, 2018
What up?? Did you ever resolve this issue? Ran into the same thing earlier this week.
itsdjzero 2:44 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
What up?? Did you ever resolve this issue? Ran into the same thing earlier this week.

I did, unfortunately the computer was too slow and need a RAM & Graphics Chip upgrade.

Luckily, I switched to Mac lol.
DjSyndic8 9:48 PM - 4 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I did, unfortunately the computer was too slow and need a RAM & Graphics Chip upgrade.

Luckily, I switched to Mac lol.

lol welcome to a less stress world.... Mac
LoLyfe 9:24 PM - 24 December, 2021
im currently having this issue on my new 21 MBP. any setting im missing?
LoLyfe 12:31 AM - 25 December, 2021
ignore, restarted and its working again...
LoLyfe 12:05 AM - 16 January, 2022
actually the problem is happening again. not sure what is causing it but to recap I am only able to drag from serato's file panel and not from the desktop. I am on Monterey.