Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

LINK for DVS

AKIEM 10:30 PM - 27 October, 2016
As soon as Link came out I tried it on my AMX. Worked perfectly. Then I spent several days looking into the various apps available before choosing several. Set them up with my Rane57mkii.... Nothing

Its easy to understand why vinyl would be a challenge... But how about for INT mode?

Cant that be done?
Serato
Charles A 12:29 AM - 28 October, 2016
Hi AKIEM,

In 1.9.3 Link currently is supported in both REL and INT mode when you are using DVS.
In what way is Link not working for you?

Regards,
AKIEM 5:02 AM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi AKIEM,

In 1.9.3 Link currently is supported in both REL and INT mode when you are using DVS.
In what way is Link not working for you?

Regards,

hmmm.... SDJ19.3.8657 OSX10.11.4 Rane57mkii
this thread maybe old serato.com

In Setup, Smart Sync is greyed out unless I go into offline, then it is selectable.

I can't join an active Link session. SYNC does not change to LINK.

Apps on my other computer, my iPad works fine. Or I can plug in my AMX and it works.
Serato
Charles A 7:24 PM - 30 October, 2016
Hey AKIEM,

Link does not require Smart Sync to work, it will work in Simple Sync too (Smart Sync is currently unavailable for DVS).

What is the difference between when you have your AMX plugged in or your Rane 57? Is the LINK button in the top left of the corner not clickable? Are there any status bar messages telling you the reason it isn't clickable?

Keep in mind you need to have beatgrids enabled to use Link (these are enabled by default in Smart Sync) using the option Snap to Beatgrid. There is a status bar message which will pop up if you try to turn on Link and this option isn't enabled.

Regards,
AKIEM 11:10 PM - 30 October, 2016
I have it working after making various adjustments including MKII updating. Im not sure if there was a bug, human error or something else.

Thanks Charles.
AKIEM 7:03 AM - 31 October, 2016
Aight so, I don't think I can use it anyway if/until you guys change some things for a usable work flow.

When you load a new track or engage Link it conforms to the Link session already running (Ableton). Thats fine for plenty of other uses, not DJing tho.

Can you guys make it so Link stays on and when you load a new track it just acts like it is changing the BPM instead of turning Link back on?

The new song loaded should always be the 'master' or setting the new speed.
Especially for DVS.

And make sure Instant Doubles works with it too.

Always so close to really cool shit, but one thing is wrong - then its never fixed.