Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Traktor z2 - record mix in Serato DJ?

DJ Boi Skout 10:32 AM - 24 October, 2016
I have a z2 mapped to serato dj using it as midi..

Any idea how can i record a mix with it in serato dj?
Laz219 10:40 AM - 24 October, 2016
Use the record feature in SDJ?
Laz219 10:40 AM - 24 October, 2016
Or if you want master out recording,,,you'll need to detail your setup.
DJ Boi Skout 6:14 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
Use the record feature in SDJ?

Quote:

The record feature in sdj doesnt output any signal wen recording.. I thut there might be a way inside sdj to record directly without an outside party just for to avoid the hassle..

however I tried recording master out into ableton, just didnt know how to..
Quote:

Quote:
WildcardX 12:50 AM - 25 October, 2016
Ok here is what I do, No I have a Z2 mapped to Serato and use a SL3. What I did was I sent my booth out to the third channel in on the SL3 and set Channel 3 in the Record panel and the same can be done for the SL4 setting either channel 3 or 4 as your recording channels. If you have a SL2 you may have to route your booth to your Mic in on your laptop and run Audacity together or you can send the Booth out to another laptop running Audactiy and recording from it's mic. These are just possible scenarios for your consideration.
DJ Boi Skout 6:40 AM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Ok here is what I do, No I have a Z2 mapped to Serato and use a SL3. What I did was I sent my booth out to the third channel in on the SL3 and set Channel 3 in the Record panel and the same can be done for the SL4 setting either channel 3 or 4 as your recording channels. If you have a SL2 you may have to route your booth to your Mic in on your laptop and run Audacity together or you can send the Booth out to another laptop running Audactiy and recording from it's mic. These are just possible scenarios for your consideration.

Great leme try it out.. cuz previously i was plugging my rca's from my mixers aux output of into SL4 aux and wasn't working let me try my booth out into channel 3 or 4.