Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

upgrading my laptop to macbook pro. just have a few queries.....

prozack 6:26 PM - 20 October, 2016
buying a 2010 macbook pro off a friend. laptop is in top condition and has been well looked after etc and will be wiped of any old software etc. specs are

osx yosemite version 10.10.5
processor/ 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
memory/ 4gb 1067 mhz ddr3

will this be suitable to run serato dj on and will it run fine without any glitches etc? any info would be much appreciated. thanks people
prozack 8:47 PM - 20 October, 2016
anyone any info? still currently using scratch live on my old macbook pro by the way.
DjBliZz 10:16 PM - 20 October, 2016
Don't get a Core 2 Duo. Serato DJ stopped supporting them in 1.7.9 if memory serves me correctly. You want an i7. I suggest a Mid 2012 so you can replace the optical drive with a secondary hard drive and also have USB 3.0.
DJ Tecniq 3:42 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
buying a 2010 macbook pro off a friend. laptop is in top condition and has been well looked after etc and will be wiped of any old software etc. specs are

osx yosemite version 10.10.5
processor/ 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
memory/ 4gb 1067 mhz ddr3

will this be suitable to run serato dj on and will it run fine without any glitches etc? any info would be much appreciated. thanks people
Please do not get that laptop it is very old and outdated. Not only this the 2010's have been known to have GPU issues and SDJ 1.8 and above versions do not support that processor (Intel core 2 duo) so if you want to use the newer Serato DJ versions you'll need a laptop with an iprocessor like i3, i5 or i7. Preferably like he mentioned any 2012 Mac or above has an iprocessor. That laptop is not a good deal it is already old technology unfortunately. It will perfectly fine with Scratchlive but SDJ uses a hell of a lot more CPU.
Futuretek 8:03 PM - 21 October, 2016
nope. 2011 at the least and Id even say that you should look for newer than that. just make sure that you're at least in the i5's.
DJ Tecniq 10:44 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
nope. 2011 at the least and Id even say that you should look for newer than that. just make sure that you're at least in the i5's.
Forgot about the 2011's still I wouldn't get a mac that old. The older models had all sorts of problems like gpu, heating issues, battery issues etc. But if you get a good one then go for it.