Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Another Controller

DJ P RockATL 7:38 PM - 18 October, 2016
Do i have to purchase Serato DJ again to work with my other controller ? Have a DDJ SZ but i just bought a DDJ SB for my small gigs hook up and it is not connecting
DjSyndic8 8:13 PM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Do i have to purchase Serato DJ again to work with my other controller ? Have a DDJ SZ but i just bought a DDJ SB for my small gigs hook up and it is not connecting

yes you have to purchase Serato for it to work with DDJSB controller
DJ Tecniq 1:29 AM - 19 October, 2016
Yes the DDJSB is an "entry" level controller which means you'll need to pay for a paid upgrade to use it with SDJ.
DJ P RockATL 12:04 PM - 19 October, 2016
So are you saying i have to purchase another license for the ddj sb to work with sdj
deejdave 1:19 PM - 19 October, 2016
Yes. You have a serato dj enabled device and you are attempting to connect a serato dj upgrade ready device which involve two different license types. You need the serato dj upgrade expansion which allows you to connect all serato dj upgrade ready devices minus the DVS.

The livens you currently have is tied to the sz thus activates the sw upon connecting the controller. The sdj upgrade expansion will activate the sw itself and allows the same behavior Ging forward with all sdj ready controllers and mixers.
DJ P RockATL 3:08 PM - 19 October, 2016
i want to make sure, so this will not affect my ddj sz license correct.
DJ Tecniq 3:35 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
i want to make sure, so this will not affect my ddj sz license correct.
Your DDJSZ won't be affected because that thing is like $1000 dollars it damn sure pays for your license. The DDJSB is still entry level so you need to pay to unlock it for SDJ once you pay its a one time fee and will always work with SDJ.
DJ P RockATL 6:25 PM - 19 October, 2016
Thanks for all of your help
deejdave 10:29 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Your DDJSZ won't be affected because that thing is like $1000

SZ for $1000...................... good luck with that!www.guitarcenter.com LOL The S9 is cheaper ;) www.guitarcenter.com
DJ Tecniq 7:12 AM - 20 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Your DDJSZ won't be affected because that thing is like $1000

SZ for $1000...................... good luck with that!www.guitarcenter.com LOL The S9 is cheaper ;) www.guitarcenter.com
Yeah my bad I forgot that deck is the bigger one which is expensive as hell. Honestly I don't see how dj's even use it that thing is so huge. I'd be perfectly fine with a DDJSX or even SR the SZ is just overkill to me.
DjSyndic8 8:47 AM - 20 October, 2016
Quote:
Yeah my bad I forgot that deck is the bigger one which is expensive as hell. Honestly I don't see how dj's even use it that thing is so huge. I'd be perfectly fine with a DDJSX or even SR the SZ is just overkill to me.

absolutely right I love the look of the SZ but not enough room for mobile and club gigs so thats why I settled for the Sx2
deejdave 1:24 PM - 20 October, 2016
I agree and I actually use my sx ten times as much as my sz because of this. Always prefer one of my main rigs w srt/64 and cdj's but the sx is just so ideal. The sx2 is tempting too but I think I'm either going with 808 or waiting a bit.
teemac111 7:10 PM - 22 October, 2016
Quote:
Honestly I don't see how dj's even use it that thing is so huge. I'd be perfectly fine with a DDJSX or even SR the SZ is just overkill to me.

Very easily but its not for the weaklings..thats for sure
DJ Tecniq 5:42 PM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
Very easily but its not for the weaklings..thats for sure
I would think most would get tired hailing that thing around. My turntable cases are already enough. I do like the bigger jog wheels though. I'm considering the DDJ-RB for Rekordbox. I wanna try something new and I'm not looking for a big deck just something small and portable instead of my tables and mixer. Prob mostly for home use.