Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2nd turntable recommendations

DJ gsr 6:58 AM - 15 October, 2016
I have Stanton str8 for 5yrs with new pioneer S9 , i need one more to complete my set up. Should I get pioneer , used technics , or other brand ? Or just get Stanton to be uniform. I have no complains but I feel the other brand maybe better.
Mauro Verdoliva 8:30 AM - 15 October, 2016
To be unifor forever....
DJ Tecniq 5:12 PM - 15 October, 2016
Could always get the Pioneer PLX-500's but keep in mind they only have a +8% pitch adjustment so if you have pitch n time it won't pitch up to extreme values. For example I have PNT with my Technics 1210 MK5's but limited to pitch up to further bpm speeds. Personally I'd go with the 1000's or if you can find some Technics M5G's on eBay they def get them.
Terrence Stokes 9:51 PM - 15 October, 2016
Dude, get another Stanton str8-150, they are a beast of a tt.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 1:29 PM - 16 October, 2016
Get the gold and black LTD Reloops ..same tone arm base and motor as your stantons 150 ...
ilvit 10:23 PM - 16 October, 2016
Stanton str8-150 i guess if they work right for you, thats great,but i do have an a way that they do look. whats up with so many buttons. its just me. ive always heard,less is best
ilvit 10:29 PM - 16 October, 2016
my vote goes to the Pioneer PLX-500's/ it still has the same look as it always has. , now the other Pioneer is a bit of a showoff Type turntable. the pioneer PLX 1000GOLD. it does look good.
John Calipari 3:53 PM - 17 October, 2016
Numark TTX-USB
ilvit 10:05 PM - 17 October, 2016
hi john,
is your numark TTX-USB The beltdriven one,or direct drive one? and how is
John Calipari 10:18 PM - 17 October, 2016
All TTX's are direct drives I think. The "X" is the premium identifier. The TT's vary though.

The TTXUSB was updated from the TTX1 with USB output and vents under the platter to fix the overheating issues of the original TTX1.

Solid heavy rubberized deck. Switchable faders, tonearm's, looks great, strongest torque on the planet.

The new Denon prototype deck looks interesting to. I just tired of seeing all the DD superOEM's being cranked out nowadays.
ilvit 11:04 PM - 17 October, 2016
there are so many sites where i can buy that one for 399 and others are 449,and its just so hard to really know what companies to really trust and actually give you what you do order too. id havent been to best buy to see there line of tts.but the guy i spoke with said some weeks they would have 11 brands.and other weeks they would have only two brands. he said i would almost have to come at least once a week to really see whats on the shelves to try out....Even barnes and noble has tts...i was shocked to cd tts and vinyl there now
John Calipari 12:28 AM - 18 October, 2016
Best Buy? Oh god, Guitat Center maybe, but I would find it hard to believe Best Buy would know anything of the nuances of a good DJ turntable if they even carry them at all.

I'm not sure the TTXUSB is manufactured anymore, but I see them on eBay for about what you estimated.

I've tried and owned them all working at a DJ supply company. The Vestax straights were pretty cool, but bad motors, the mk2's are the most rugged, but really not versatile nor exciting to use. Stanton really disappointed with their plasticky initial str8, but corrected their build and were OK

The TTXUSB is the only table other than mk2's I use in my own studio. techs are second nature, and TTX's are powerful and versatile, yet beautiful in low light with those blue LED's, albeit the platters don't strobe like the techs.

The new Denons have Blue Led ground FX under the platters that look BAD A$$.
DJ Tecniq 6:32 AM - 18 October, 2016
Just get a 1210 M5G and be done with it may cost over $1000 for a pair but it's totally worth it. www.ebay.com
John Calipari 3:39 PM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Just get a 1210 M5G and be done with it may cost over $1000 for a pair but it's totally worth it. www.ebay.com

The original 1200MK's are the best of the Technics bunch. I would go Technics 1200mk2's, and only mk2, if I was only doing Vinyl.
DJ JSN 4:04 PM - 18 October, 2016
get another str8 so the pitch are the same or sell your str8 and get a different turntable pair, technics, pioneer, reloop etc
DJ Tecniq 10:15 PM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The original 1200MK's are the best of the Technics bunch. I would go Technics 1200mk2's, and only mk2, if I was only doing Vinyl.
I disagree with only +8% pitch adjustment it's actually a downgrade compared to turntables of today that have +12-+16% pitch adjust that's why the M5G's are the greatest.
DJ JSN 11:02 PM - 18 October, 2016
dont get those numark ttx, they're like an ex girlfriend...heavy and ugly lol also hard to get any parts. shine that s9 dj setup with pair of technics, pioneers, reloops.
John Calipari 3:31 AM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
dont get those numark ttx, they're like an ex girlfriend...heavy and ugly lol also hard to get any parts. shine that s9 dj setup with pair of technics, pioneers, reloops.

Heavy??? Isn't that the first sign of a good deck? Ugly? Them and the Old Vestax straights are the best looking decks ever, and the TTX's are the best looking overall in a darkroom. Aside from the Tech MK2's, the TTXUSB's kick the rest of those Super OEM's tails.
DJ JSN 3:58 AM - 19 October, 2016
yep your right, just get whatever you want to get lol its just my opinion man, im done with this subject.
John Calipari 3:50 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
yep your right, just get whatever you want to get lol its just my opinion man, im done with this subject.

Quote:
c

At least we agree on Tech, but yeah, your right. Debating DJ Gear is like Politics, there's no end to it.
ilvit 8:47 PM - 19 October, 2016
i agree, sort of Sorry i brought it up.
DJ gsr 9:10 PM - 19 October, 2016
Thanks all the suggestions and comments , sell the str8 and check the Craigslist for a pair of technics or get pioneer.
ilvit 3:43 PM - 21 October, 2016
ive always loved Pioneer, maybe its just the way the name hits you PIONEER.
DJ Tecniq 3:44 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
I agree while the quality control is lacking I gotta admit the Pioneer S9 is one of the baddest mixers out there I absolutely love it,
DJ gsr 4:09 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I agree while the quality control is lacking I gotta admit the Pioneer S9 is one of the baddest mixers out there I absolutely love it,

My first DJM 500 to 800 now s9 big difference.
Looking to match with plx 1000
ilvit 7:27 PM - 21 October, 2016
has anyone noticed that the PIONEER PLX500& even PLX1000,have the same bottom frame as the as the NUMARK TT250USB.
Most of the bases in general of all the turntables have really close to the same bottom. im guessing it s what they installed inside.that makes them different.
Even that one thats in GOLD Too,has the same bottom base shape.
im just guessing its the basic turntable bottom for djs.And
that shape has been around for years.
Futuretek 7:42 PM - 21 October, 2016
I love Reloops and would suggest those to anyone but stick with the brand you haveunless your willing to start from scratch.
ilvit 10:40 PM - 8 November, 2016
where Or how do i get to ORDER a pair of the reloops,and which one is anyones suggestion right now. im on the border of the pioneers PLX1000 are PLX500 I Guess its just cause i have more pioneer products in my home more than any other brand, i do have several this and that. most for home usage.except for the djsystem.in my audio room
ilvit 1:25 AM - 11 November, 2016
im going for the New pioneers PLX 1000,Or the PLX500s... i actually touched them,and got to use them in the store. there were others there but wow,they are really hot.
DJ gsr 5:08 AM - 11 November, 2016
Quote:
im going for the New pioneers PLX 1000,Or the PLX500s... i actually touched them,and got to use them in the store. there were others there but wow,they are really hot.

I got pair of PLX 1000 , it's similar to my previous mk2 15 yrs ago that I sold . I have one Str8 as back up and really good to.
ilvit 9:17 PM - 22 November, 2016
thats the ones i was checking out too,but Damm theres no place that have them on the shelf,o TRY OUT. Which pisses me off its almost as the same sceneria,i would like that jacket or shoes. but there arent any in stock on the shelves.
really upsets me here.
BUT
I did read from three guys that said they had to keep tightening the arm. the more you used it, they /all three/said that about every week they had to tighten up the arms. so just wondeing if its that they werr rough with the arm,or not
another comment on another site was that the speed didnt keep its speed
ilvit 5:13 PM - 3 December, 2016
i will find the store in the nearby city,and go and try the entire line of turntables. its a store that carries about 40 differnt types. and some are belt/and some are direct, same turntable but differnt belt/direct..
thanks for the information DJ gsr.
have a great wekend.
ilvit 10:52 PM - 8 March, 2019
both pioneer 1000,and the 500 are great. a friend of mine has them and they are really close to the technics... its all about that same look that the techs had... all of those out there look the same.and the specs are very close.. reloop/audio-technia/ all three have a high.end,and a low.end turntable...my choice are two of those here. the audioTechnia,and then the pioneer 1000
dj_soo 2:42 AM - 9 March, 2019
The pioneer decks are the exact same as the audio technica and reloops (and stantons).

They are all rebranded and customized super oem decks from hanpin.
ilvit 4:54 PM - 30 March, 2019
thats what a friend said after reading and re.reading the specs of all 6,or 8 of the ones out right now..........i myself went on the website----- Wheels of Steel, and found out some great information on technics from the day it was concieved... 70s.early 70s,and thats how it all began with spinning vinyl in nightclubs,and weddings and on and on.. that site, Wheels of Steel is really great and the links on it are also give out even more information on turntables..........thanks for the help on the turntables ....soo.