Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video

DJ Brandon - Your GF Favorite DJ 7:28 PM - 9 October, 2016
Can someone please help me i've tried every setting on serato video to record my video mix session but i keep receiving a message at the bottom of the screen within serato dj that says, not receiving video frame rate. please help me i'm using a

"MacBook Pro - (13-inch, Mid 2012)"
"Processor - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5"
"Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3"
"Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536"
*OS X El Capitan - Version 10.11.4.

PLEASE ANYONE SOMEONE HELP ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP, THANK YOU!
DJ Baby Boy 6:42 AM - 10 October, 2016
It's honestly an answer you're not going to want to hear but computers with a dedicated graphics card have a hard time recording with Serato Video so without one in your computer I'd say you have little to no chance at getting it to work at all ... You're best bet would be to try out screenflow but once again with no dedicated video card you're more than likely not going to have a good experience ... Look into MixEmergency (www.inklen.com) as it's better optimized and more stable than Serato Video ... Good luck no matter which route you go with that computer
popnwave 1:27 PM - 10 October, 2016
OBS works great too!

The recording function gets used a lot when there are streaming issues so I can upload the set to chew.tv later....

As a matter of fact, I'm starting to like OBS more than ME for recording sets these days because of the quicker turn around on a decent 720p MP4.
DJ Baby Boy 3:57 AM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
OBS works great too!

The recording function gets used a lot when there are streaming issues so I can upload the set to chew.tv later....

As a matter of fact, I'm starting to like OBS more than ME for recording sets these days because of the quicker turn around on a decent 720p MP4.

I did forget about OBS but that one is taxing on your system even when you have a dedicated graphics card so I really wouldn't suggest it to him since he's running a 13"
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:21 AM - 11 October, 2016
I say if your gonna be a video DJ then you gotta have the right tools and that 13" isn't the right tool.

Come man, you'll drop big money on tables, cdjs or even a pro grade controller but wont spend the money on the brains of your operation??

Get a better Mac with a dedicated graphics card.

I just another 2012 15" retina for 750!! Its flawless!!

Gotta pay to play.....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:21 AM - 11 October, 2016
*I just got another...
Culprit 10:50 PM - 11 October, 2016
Yah the 2012 MacBook pros are getting down there. Where did you get yours dude? Ive been looking for another one.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:47 PM - 11 October, 2016
This guy I work with needed money. He's a single guy who pays child support and a tree fell on his house.

I know its terrible but he set the price so I pounced.
DJ Brandon - Your GF Favorite DJ 2:41 AM - 12 October, 2016
Quote:
I say if your gonna be a video DJ then you gotta have the right tools and that 13" isn't the right tool.

Come man, you'll drop big money on tables, cdjs or even a pro grade controller but wont spend the money on the brains of your operation??

Get a better Mac with a dedicated graphics card.

I just another 2012 15" retina for 750!! Its flawless!!

Gotta pay to play.....

I tried it on 3 of my different macs and i still get the same results, so it's either the format of the videos or something to do with serao video one question what format are your videos bro?
Culprit 2:56 AM - 12 October, 2016
Yeah, it could be the format of the videos, that is true. Shitty encoding settings can bog down any computer, or a shitty encoder can crash it all together.

I get all my videos from smashvission and xtendamix, some from club killers. Those will always work with no problems.
DJ Tecniq 4:41 AM - 12 October, 2016
Syphon recorder is a good option which is free.
popnwave 3:18 PM - 12 October, 2016
So here you have it.. unless you are having other issues with your videos (ie CPU usage really high, drop outs, et al) you're probably ok. However Serato Video has always been funky with recording sets and I think it went over a year with one bug that people could only record about 5 seconds before crapping out?

I'd try:

Mix Emergency ($200, but still the best) - will give you awesome results but can take a while to render POST recording.

OBS - completely free and if used in tandem with a site like Chew.tv you can stream and save your sets on there as well as record it locally. I actually use this the most often now on my Mid 2012 MBP and never go over 10% CPU in OBS while mixing - while streaming AND recording at 720p. (chew.tv is my set from dicking around over the weekend)

Syphon recorder - free and low overhead like OBS, I'll defer configuration to others since I've only used the first 2 things listed above.
DJ Brandon - Your GF Favorite DJ 6:51 PM - 12 October, 2016
Ok i think i will end up getting mix emergency since many DJs have recommended it to me multiple times! Thanks for the response guys. If you guys find any more info to fix my serato video recording within serato dj let me know please...
DJ Tecniq 9:11 PM - 12 October, 2016
Could try to record on a drive that isn't the same as your laptop drive like external, USB stick, memory card. If that fails then ME is the way to go.
slimmjimm 2:41 AM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
blah blah blah blah bob loblaw law blog blah blah blah, ME is the way to go.

Fixed.
DJ Brandon - Your GF Favorite DJ 3:18 AM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Ingnorant asshole.🙃
slimmjimm 2:17 PM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Ingnorant asshole.🙃

I may be an ignorant asshole, but with ME, I have no problems recording, so there's that at least.
DJ Brandon - Your GF Favorite DJ 11:04 PM - 13 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Ingnorant asshole.🙃

I may be an ignorant asshole, but with ME, I have no problems recording, so there's that at least.

LMFAO
DJ Baby Boy 6:20 AM - 14 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Ingnorant asshole.🙃

Amen!! MixEmergency (www.inklen.com) is 100% the way to go for any professional Video DJ ... and if you're on a Windows PC look into Virtual DJ because Serato DJ isn't gonna do you any good!