Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

OS Sierra problems

MatthiasT 2:10 PM - 7 October, 2016
Hello, just wanted to know how long it took Serato to get their software up to date when El Capitan came out. Getting really frustrated that i'm not able to practice at home. Hope the problems with os sierra will be fixed soon!
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:18 AM - 13 October, 2016
Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately it's not just up to us to get compatibility for new operating systems. Our hardware partners produce updated driver software in order for your hardware devices to be compliant with new operating systems. Sometimes these drivers aren't released to the public immediately and that's part of the reason why we recommend holding off on updating to OS Sierra.

If you are having trouble with your device and you have already updated to Sierra drop us a line at support.serato.com and we can do our best to help out.
Serato, Moderator
James_M 9:26 PM - 16 October, 2016
Hi Matthias,

Serato DJ software is now supported for use with macOS Sierra, with some exceptions around certain pieces of hardware.

You can find more information here:

serato.com
Sebastian Berggren 5:22 PM - 27 October, 2016
Has this been fixed yet?

Can I update my Mac or will affect Serato?

Thanks,
Serato, Support
Mike.C 7:55 PM - 27 October, 2016
That is dependant on what hardware you are using, Serato software is supported for Sierra officially now but some hardware is not yet compatible, check out the link below for a list of supported hardware.

support.serato.com
djajonra 6:46 AM - 6 November, 2016
Hi I'm running 10.12.1 and using a DDJ SX2. Serato was working fine on 10.12. However, tonight my cross fader stopped working. Then deck 2 kept changing to "Thru" and ejecting the song. Then the song wave turned why and I couldn't get any audio.
djajonra 6:46 AM - 6 November, 2016
Turned white*
Dj.E.L.I 1:00 AM - 7 November, 2016
I was looking at updating today to Sierra on my macbook. Should I hold off since DJ Ajonra is have a issue with there new update that Apple push?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:05 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
I was looking at updating today to Sierra on my macbook. Should I hold off since DJ Ajonra is have a issue with there new update that Apple push?

What hardware device are you using? Check this list first before updating to see if your device is compatible yet. support.serato.com
Dj.E.L.I 1:06 AM - 7 November, 2016
I am using the DDJ SX2
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:14 AM - 7 November, 2016
You'll be fine to update in that case. You will need to install the most recent driver software from Pioneer's website. The issue that DJ Ajonra is having will be unrelated to OS Sierra updates.
Dj.E.L.I 1:15 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
You'll be fine to update in that case. You will need to install the most recent driver software from Pioneer's website. The issue that DJ Ajonra is having will be unrelated to OS Sierra updates.

Thanks for the quick response Mike. Do you have a link for that updates software from Pioneer for the DDJ SX2? Thanks again
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:17 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Hi I'm running 10.12.1 and using a DDJ SX2. Serato was working fine on 10.12. However, tonight my cross fader stopped working. Then deck 2 kept changing to "Thru" and ejecting the song. Then the song wave turned why and I couldn't get any audio.

Can you please try resetting your MIDI default settings? Skip to the section about 'reverting a mapping' on this page: support.serato.com
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:17 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the quick response Mike. Do you have a link for that updates software from Pioneer for the DDJ SX2? Thanks again

They can be found here: www.pioneerdj.com
Dj.E.L.I 1:25 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They can be found here: www.pioneerdj.com

I have Mac, i looks like those driver updates are for PC only. I am reading that correct ?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:29 AM - 7 November, 2016
You are correct, I would ensure that you have the correct firmware version from that page installed also.
Dj.E.L.I 1:32 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
You are correct, I would ensure that you have the correct firmware version from that page installed also.

yeah i did that when i got the controller a month ago. Should i re install it since I am doing a OS software update
Serato, Support
Mike.C 2:02 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

yeah i did that when i got the controller a month ago. Should i re install it since I am doing a OS software update

No need to reinstall the firmware, it will now be installed physically on the controller.
If you do have any issues after updating though please do submit a help request by clicking the button at the bottom right of this screen.
djajonra 2:39 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:

Mike, you think my issue is unrelated to software? Do you have any idea what I could be? My controller is failed to connect on a computer using El Capitan so I think you're right.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:54 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Mike, you think my issue is unrelated to software? Do you have any idea what I could be? My controller is failed to connect on a computer using El Capitan so I think you're right.

So sorry man, I though I had replied to you here already. There could be a number of issues causing this for you. The best thing you could do is to open a help request with us and get one on one support, just click the button at the boot right of this page...
Dj.E.L.I 4:21 PM - 11 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No need to reinstall the firmware, it will now be installed physically on the controller.
If you do have any issues after updating though please do submit a help request by clicking the button at the bottom right of this screen.

Mike quick question. So last night I went live and everything was running smooth with the new software. But around 2 1/2 hours in while mixing. My left deck wouldn't load any tracks. My right deck was playing just fine. I had to power off then back on to get it to work again. Any idea on how I could correct this issue?? Thanks for your time..
Serato, Support
Mike.C 2:50 AM - 14 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike quick question. So last night I went live and everything was running smooth with the new software. But around 2 1/2 hours in while mixing. My left deck wouldn't load any tracks. My right deck was playing just fine. I had to power off then back on to get it to work again. Any idea on how I could correct this issue?? Thanks for your time..

Hey Dj.E.L.I, there could be a number of things causing this issue for you I'm sorry. In this case it's best if you could contact us directly so and agent can work through this with you. Just click the 'open help request' button at the bottom right of this page.
Benny E 5:36 PM - 30 November, 2016
Can I now download the update Mac OS SIERRA. I have the NS7. As I was reading it's shows its still UNSUPPORTED . is this true ?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:32 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Can I now download the update Mac OS SIERRA. I have the NS7. As I was reading it's shows its still UNSUPPORTED . is this true ?

You are correct, the Numark NS7 is not yet supported for OS Sierra. More information from Numark about this can be seen here: www.numark.com
Benny E 6:53 PM - 20 February, 2017
Mike C. is the NS7 now supported by OS sierra Now please let me know
Serato, Support
Mike.C 7:31 PM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:
Mike C. is the NS7 now supported by OS sierra Now please let me know

Hi Benny E, I can confirm that the NS7 is supported for OS Sierra, you will need to install the latest driver software for the controller from here: www.numark.com
DJ Crocodile 8:02 AM - 21 December, 2017
Hi
I updated my Mac yesterday to OS Siera, updated drivers for my DJM S9 mixer, but when I connect my msc to my mixer, Serato doesn't connect/activate properly. Serato DJ keeps giving me an error message at the bottom of the program that says "error: couldn't connect audio". Serato DJ stays in offline mode. I backed up my hard drive using time Machine before I updated, but turns out I didn't do the back up correctly, so looks like I'm stuck with Siera and Serato DJ that doesn't work. I have a gig today. Please help.
Thank you.
Benny E 4:54 AM - 24 December, 2017
Is the Mac Os 10.13.2 now compatible with the NS7 and the up grade 1.9.10 serato. Please let me know.
Benny E 10:57 PM - 5 January, 2018
Is the Mac Os 10.13.2 now compatible with the NS7 and the up grade 1.9.10 serato. Please let me know. I would love to upgrade to the 1.9.10 serato
DJ Crocodile 3:12 PM - 23 July, 2018
I had to use my old SL1 box and Scratch Live program for the gig. However, I'm now using High Sierra 10.13.3. I backed up my hard drive using time machine, and upgraded. Serato DJ now works fine with my Pioneer S9 mixer. The Serato Video is a bit jittery. The videos don't play as smoothly as before. Not sure if thats a tweeking or memory issue, but in terms of audio alone, all now works fine.
DJ Tecniq 6:16 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
I had to use my old SL1 box and Scratch Live program for the gig. However, I'm now using High Sierra 10.13.3. I backed up my hard drive using time machine, and upgraded. Serato DJ now works fine with my Pioneer S9 mixer. The Serato Video is a bit jittery. The videos don't play as smoothly as before. Not sure if thats a tweeking or memory issue, but in terms of audio alone, all now works fine.
If you didn’t do a clean install of High Sierra that’s why your video playback is jittery. I updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and noticed the same thing it was so bad that my videos kept freezing and lagging horribly bad. I instead did a fresh install of Sierra “not” High Sierra and everything is butter smooth. If you updated from a previous OS that’s likely the problem. Back up your data and do a clean install of the OS.