Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.9.3

Emanuele-1998 9:42 PM - 29 September, 2016
Hi I have a problem regarding serato that with the 1.9.1 version of the console recognizes me while with the 1.9.3 version does not work, why? I have a Pioneer DDJ SB2
MC Apollo 3:52 PM - 1 October, 2016
despite all i tried to anaylse my files agina.. it worked everything until i clicked The top folder in serato. then it crashed and said out of memory!
MC Apollo 3:53 PM - 1 October, 2016
Quote:
despite all i tried to anaylse my files agina.. it worked everything until i clicked The top folder in serato. then it crashed and said out of memory!

the "icon " named ALL
MC Apollo 3:55 PM - 1 October, 2016
an something else.. it isnt really clear in serato, how it analyses the files , which is bad if you wish to keep rack of your work. wwhich i believe would give less headaches to ppl that are trying to solve problems realated to crashes too.
MC Apollo 3:56 PM - 1 October, 2016
Quote:
an something else.. it isnt really clear in serato, how it analyses the files , which is bad if you wish to keep rack of your work. wwhich i believe would give less headaches to ppl that are trying to solve problems realated to crashes too.

"keep track"
AddamXavier 4:10 PM - 1 October, 2016
How many files do you have and what's the specs on your machine? Serato have cleaned up a lot of the out of memory issues within SDJ so you shouldn't really be getting that. I would suggest putting in a support ticket so they can better help you out.

SDJ knows which tracks have and haven't been analyzed. If you click the analyze button, it will continue where it left off. Another trick I use is the bit rate column is typically blank if it hasn't been analyzed yet. Is there a reason you want to keep track of which files haven't been analyzed? You can also set it where it analyzes a track if it hasn't been and you put it on a deck just FYI.
MC Apollo 4:33 PM - 1 October, 2016
so. hm.. well now i opend it again. to bad i cant post a screen shoot
i am sorting it by key and i see some havent got key information yet, but some do have bitrate information.
anyways under anaylse i checked the.. add key signature.
so it checks the key and i wil running it agina live now! real time and tell you how it goes.
starting now...
MC Apollo 4:34 PM - 1 October, 2016
after a few seconds: Serato has stopped working.
send information bout the problem. etc..
MC Apollo 4:38 PM - 1 October, 2016
as i mentioned before.. i have between 1 and 2 Tb of music and around 80 filters...
my spec are windows 7 ultimateservice pack 1. intel core i7....... 3.6 GH
8 Gb of ram
MC Apollo 4:48 PM - 1 October, 2016
i already talked with someone through facebook, giving them screen shoots abotu the problem as i proressed.. he suggested that i rename the _Serato_ into _SeratoOLD_ and restart the program.. but this didnt solve my problems.. id idd wro. but.. it is af if you scrubbed your program.. but the issues remained with libraries etc.. filters etc.. since when i even deleted the files from serato.com (which included some new filters since this is the new stuff that i added into 1.3.9.. i thought this was casing the issue).. but since i removed those and made them manually from within the serato program again.. it is still crashing.. after i copied my new manually made filters.. that worked into my old serato folder and made the old serato folder the main one again..

so i dont know what the problem is.. could it be the sym links for documents folder??? which contains also music folder with _Serato_ folder?.. but i disagree since then it woujld not generate new serato folders after renaming the old verison..

it seems like my database is too big.. maybe and the program just doesnt handle it with more then 80 filters. that get working each time i start analysing the files..
Becouse keeps crashing..??
any suggestion??
MC Apollo 4:53 PM - 1 October, 2016
hm.. i have cointed the filters that i have and they are bewteen 300 adn 400 filters there.. bc i included some special artists filters too to quickly find them
MC Apollo 4:58 PM - 1 October, 2016
sorry for the late reply i have several emails.. and havnt checked the one you were sending me questions..i assume it was you.
MC Apollo 4:59 PM - 1 October, 2016
and i worte the ticket already.
Emanuele-1998 11:49 PM - 1 October, 2016
My system is: www.sceltanotebook.it help