DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anyone try the dbx GoRack yet?

bboysupafly 1:10 PM - 28 September, 2016
It's only $30. Wondering if anyone has made the leap on trying it for their gig setups.
Logisticalstyles 2:50 PM - 28 September, 2016
I got one. It's not bad for the price. It's pretty useful for mobile DJs with small to medium sized systems. They were selling really well a few weeks ago when the price dropped to $30.
Jay Free 4:21 PM - 28 September, 2016
hear great things but mine is still in the box LOL
DJ Guayo 5:01 PM - 28 September, 2016
I've had it in the box for a few weeks too. Giving it a run this weekend.
DJKayce 5:42 PM - 28 September, 2016
U can't go wrong with it. Amazing product. Had it now for like 4 weeks. Believe me I can't leave my house without it.
DJ Guayo 7:11 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
U can't go wrong with it. Amazing product. Had it now for like 4 weeks. Believe me I can't leave my house without it.

Any recommendations of what settings you are running for AFS, Sub-Synth,and Compression?
Sharod 10:47 PM - 28 September, 2016
Just bought one as well. Will be using it for the first time on the 17th. Looking to get better low end on 2 ls801p's. Curious also if anyone used it with bottoms.
HighTopFade 10:58 PM - 28 September, 2016
At 30 bucks, I'll try it. Maybe it will make entry level non-DSP speakers sound better.
DJKayce 1:51 AM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Any recommendations of what settings you are running for AFS, Sub-Synth,and Compression?

For EQ, I use 4

Sub-Synth, Off when am using Yorkville LS801p. I tied once but the bass was too much. Yokies are boomy already so no need for enhancer.
Ordinary subs, this is really great cos it makes other subs sounds like yorkville. I leave my setting between 20 and 35 depending on the hall. U have to mess with it to see which range works for u at a hall. I recommend not dial in too much. ranges from 1 to 99.

Feedback, I use medium which is the 2nd one. Ranges from 1 to 3.

Compressor/Limiter, am always in between 25 and 35.

As a mobile Dj, some halls I only use the Eq and the others are off. Good sound with the 4 settings on Eq. Smilely face.
DJKayce 1:52 AM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
At 30 bucks, I'll try it. Maybe it will make entry level non-DSP speakers sound better.

Yes believe me, it dose. This thing brings the best out of powered speakers.
DJ Guayo 2:55 AM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For EQ, I use 4

Sub-Synth, Off when am using Yorkville LS801p. I tied once but the bass was too much. Yokies are boomy already so no need for enhancer.
Ordinary subs, this is really great cos it makes other subs sounds like yorkville. I leave my setting between 20 and 35 depending on the hall. U have to mess with it to see which range works for u at a hall. I recommend not dial in too much. ranges from 1 to 99.

Feedback, I use medium which is the 2nd one. Ranges from 1 to 3.

Compressor/Limiter, am always in between 25 and 35.

As a mobile Dj, some halls I only use the Eq and the others are off. Good sound with the 4 settings on Eq. Smilely face.

Thanks Kayce. Yeah I figured it depends on ur setup but was looking for baseline figures. I will report back after this weekend as well.
Β 6 3:52 AM - 29 September, 2016
I own one too. Love it.

nm
bboysupafly 12:35 PM - 29 September, 2016
I ordered it through amazon and should be here by next week. I have a homecoming gig next Saturday so I'm hoping I have enough time to mess with it before I play. I'm running 2 EV ETX35P and 2 EKX-15SP. I think overall the system has a great crossover point but not enough Bass for my liking. Hopefully the GoRack will solve that for me. If not then I would just use it for the anti-feedback feature and emergency Aux input.
Arjun B 4:09 PM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
and 2 EKX-15SP.
That's why you're lacking bass. From what I know, the ETX18sp can barely keep up with the ETX35p's. Going down to the EKX line, and then to the 15" subwoofer, there's no way you're going to get the bass you would like to have.

I own 2 JBL SRX835p's, and I use 2 (sometimes 3) QSC KW181's per side and they can just keep up with the tops output wise. You should really consider getting a bigger and more capable sub. If you want to say within the ETX line, consider the ETX18sp.
DJKayce 1:56 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
I ordered it through amazon and should be here by next week. I have a homecoming gig next Saturday so I'm hoping I have enough time to mess with it before I play. I'm running 2 EV ETX35P and 2 EKX-15SP. I think overall the system has a great crossover point but not enough Bass for my liking. Hopefully the GoRack will solve that for me. If not then I would just use it for the anti-feedback feature and emergency Aux input.

The Gorack will bring your bass out without pushing the subs to the limit. Am still wondering why DBX lowered the price from $99 to $29. This small box works well with powered speakers.
Sharod 2:46 AM - 30 September, 2016
DJKayce, does it make the bass louder, deeper, boomy or? just curious
DJKayce 2:55 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
DJKayce, does it make the bass louder, deeper, boomy or? just curious

Louder and deeper without pushing the subs. it will just change the tone of the subs. I used it once with yorkville, men it was too much. i turned the sub enhancer off.
Even the EQ setting of #4 gives a sub a nice full bass.
Sharod 2:59 AM - 30 September, 2016
Just what i wanted to hear. Thanks.
SELECT 3:24 PM - 30 September, 2016
Its a simple little effective toolbox. I used the feedback reducer with 4 mics and a boundary mic for a ceremony and it worked well. I then played around with the EQ settings on my main setup and it was fun testing them all out. It is worth is for those features alone. If you have shitty or old speakers I can definitely help you out in certain venues to maximize your sound.
Sharod 7:11 PM - 30 September, 2016
For $30 bucks. Why not?
Ulrich von Hurtem 4:22 AM - 1 October, 2016
I tried to buy one at the DJ shop down the street, but they would not match the new price.

I ordered one from proaudiostar.com. I would have used B&H, but they were out of stock.

Mainly, I plan to use it, not for DJing, but for calling roller derby bouts. Half assed mixer for two mics, and mp3 player, or lappy. Compression to embiggen the announcers voice, preset EQs that may be helpful, limiter that's always nice to have.

Thanks for the heads-up.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:18 PM - 1 October, 2016
Quote:
Its a simple little effective toolbox. I used the feedback reducer with 4 mics and a boundary mic for a ceremony and it worked well. I then played around with the EQ settings on my main setup and it was fun testing them all out. It is worth is for those features alone. If you have shitty or old speakers I can definitely help you out in certain venues to maximize your sound.

I use it just for mic compression & feedback. It works great.
DeeJay*CASPER 6:37 PM - 1 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Am still wondering why DBX lowered the price from $99 to $29.

my partner that owns ProDjDirect said that DBX dropped the price because most powered speakers already come with DSP(i think thats what its called) settings on the back amp.
HighTopFade 2:45 AM - 5 October, 2016
Got mine today. I won't have the chance to try it out with my sub and tops anytime soon. But did try it with my studio setup. Experimenting with the Sub Synth makes me kinda nervous. Woofers on the studio monitors working pretty hard. I really should invest in a studio sub.
SELECT 3:31 PM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Got mine today. I won't have the chance to try it out with my sub and tops anytime soon. But did try it with my studio setup. Experimenting with the Sub Synth makes me kinda nervous. Woofers on the studio monitors working pretty hard. I really should invest in a studio sub.

It's meant to be used with subwoofers. I wouldn't use it on any top speaker or monitor.
Ulrich von Hurtem 4:57 PM - 5 October, 2016
The sub synth creates notes one octave blow the source. Nice, If you system has plenty of bass, but your music does not.

Other bass enhancers create notes one octave above, the source. Good if your music has lots of bass, but you sound system does not.
Just1Fixxx 6:25 PM - 5 October, 2016
For $30 every DJ should have one of these in their toolbox.

At the very least, it can serve as a micro mixer/back up.

I figure it will come in handy some day for secondary remote location mixer.

I am just looking at it like a very cheap and extremely portable insurance policy for the time being.
Christ beats I. 10:30 PM - 16 February, 2017
Bit late in the discussion but does anyone think the GoRacks compressor is as good as a fully featured 19" unit? Just curious..I have a GoRack and like it the compressor and EQ are almost always on which has lead me to think it might be worth me investing in a full unit as I like the sound when using the compressor. What do you think engineers?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:01 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Bit late in the discussion but does anyone think the GoRacks compressor is as good as a fully featured 19" unit? Just curious..I have a GoRack and like it the compressor and EQ are almost always on which has lead me to think it might be worth me investing in a full unit as I like the sound when using the compressor. What do you think engineers?

While it is a good little unit for that price, it does not have all the features of a full size DBX.
Christ beats I. 5:04 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

While it is a good little unit for that price, it does not have all the features of a full size DBX.

Thanks.
Christ beats I. 6:40 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I hate want, it sucks! I think I will stick with this wee dbx box. I will tell you why. For me the only next step would be, realistically speaking, without selling the kids to a wayward arab (not necessarily my kids alone, anyones for that matter) the next step would be the dbx 166xs but then I am losing the eq which is not all that bad and the 4th preset really does add some beef to the plate aswell as sub synth of which is girt heavy too, but also anti feedback which does work a treat! I also saw compressors after the 166xs start to go into the Β£1000 bracket which made me think is the 166xs going to be worth it especially as this is for a 2 full range speaker set up with a class D amp driving them both. So in conclusion I think for a small to medium rig for small partys the GoRack is a bonus for the average worker with a weekend rig, like me! To be honest it has dramatically improved the sound of my system and to be fair it was not all that bad to begin with it is as follows:

1x Behringer inuke 3000 class D amp
1x Citronic CE22 Exciter/Enhancer
1x dbx GoRack
2x Wharfedale Titan 12"

The dbx GoRack is the last in the chain. The CE22 is also quite usefull and when it is teamed with the EQ/4 and the Compressor around 35-45 it produces a clean, articulate, sound with clear vocals, strong bass and clean crisp highs and smoother middles. When streaming from spotify at 320kps it is very precise and clear but then it is almost exactly the same at 128kps to be honest.

I would have or should have bought the DSP version of the inuke 3000 and I think then I may not have even needed the GoRack or the Exciter but it would also be interesting to listen to the DSP with just a compressor on a rig this size for small parties. I think we would have a sonic bull terrier of a system, small, powerfull and plenty of tenacity.

Anyway great value for money and I would recommend this to anyone who like me have a small rig for small (100 heads) parties! It is like the Reloop Neon of the sound engineering world!!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:56 PM - 17 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hate want, it sucks! I think I will stick with this wee dbx box. I will tell you why. For me the only next step would be, realistically speaking, without selling the kids to a wayward arab (not necessarily my kids alone, anyones for that matter) the next step would be the dbx 166xs but then I am losing the eq which is not all that bad and the 4th preset really does add some beef to the plate aswell as sub synth of which is girt heavy too, but also anti feedback which does work a treat! I also saw compressors after the 166xs start to go into the Β£1000 bracket which made me think is the 166xs going to be worth it especially as this is for a 2 full range speaker set up with a class D amp driving them both. So in conclusion I think for a small to medium rig for small partys the GoRack is a bonus for the average worker with a weekend rig, like me! To be honest it has dramatically improved the sound of my system and to be fair it was not all that bad to begin with it is as follows:

1x dbx GoRack
2x Wharfedale Titan 12"

The dbx GoRack is the last in the chain. The CE22 is also quite usefull and when it is teamed with the EQ/4 and the Compressor around 35-45 it produces a clean, articulate, sound with clear vocals, strong bass and clean crisp highs and smoother middles. When streaming from spotify at 320kps it is very precise and clear but then it is almost exactly the same at 128kps to be honest.

I would have or should have bought the DSP version of the inuke 3000 and I think then I may not have even needed the GoRack or the Exciter but it would also be interesting to listen to the DSP with just a compressor on a rig this size for small parties. I think we would have a sonic bull terrier of a system, small, powerfull and plenty of tenacity.

Anyway great value for money and I would recommend this to anyone who like me have a small rig for small (100 heads) parties! It is like the Reloop Neon of the sound engineering world!!

You have 2 -12 tops I would be very careful of over processing and blowing them. 2 DSPs is a tad much.
Robert chauvin 2:13 AM - 26 July, 2017
I use the gorack every time I'm playing,it replaced a whole rack full of heavy gear,I won't play without it
Dj Wunder 6:40 AM - 26 July, 2017
I got mine for $30 on Amazon and, man, this thing lives in my gig bag. Best money I ever spent although I haven't seen it for that price lately. I switch between the gorack and a qsc touchmix depending on the situation and I'm set, mixer/DSP wise
Christ beats I. 10:52 AM - 26 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Start off LOW!! Then work yourself up slowly untill you find your desired levels. Be careful with compression and sub synth as they are powerful enough to blow your speakers if you applied too much of either. Currently I set compression around 35 and sub synth around 25 for 10" cones with 140w RMS.
HR824 9:04 PM - 26 July, 2017
I see why they were $30 the thing has been discontinued but I've still managed to order one.

One question, how can compression blow the speaker?
Christ beats I. 6:29 AM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
I see why they were $30 the thing has been discontinued but I've still managed to order one.

I never have blown a speaker personally via compression but I am glad you asked as I have had fears of coming close to doing so or at least it certainly sounded that way when I increased the volume levels whilst compression and sub synth were applied. I speculate that with so more intensified audio it would be like writing on rice paper. Just my caution albeit not professionaly proven in my house only speculatively assumed but if I am wrong then please prove it that we have nothing to lose or be concerned about otherwise I will continue to employ reasonable caution.
HR824 5:55 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
I got mine for $30 on Amazon and, man, this thing lives in my gig bag. Best money I ever spent although I haven't seen it for that price lately. I switch between the gorack and a qsc touchmix depending on the situation and I'm set, mixer/DSP wise

It's discontinued that's why it was so cheap. I've ordered one for quite a high price unfortunately here in the UK, but the equipment bought separately costs far more.
Dj Wunder 9:06 PM - 27 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I never have blown a speaker personally via compression but I am glad you asked as I have had fears of coming close to doing so or at least it certainly sounded that way when I increased the volume levels whilst compression and sub synth were applied. I speculate that with so more intensified audio it would be like writing on rice paper. Just my caution albeit not professionaly proven in my house only speculatively assumed but if I am wrong then please prove it that we have nothing to lose or be concerned about otherwise I will continue to employ reasonable caution.

Sub-synth for sure, compression not so much I reckon
577er 3:48 PM - 29 July, 2017
I find it crazy they only made the gorack for such a short time. I picked up two and use them all the time for anti-feedback. There is nothing like it in their current catalog.
Robert chauvin 6:46 PM - 23 June, 2018
does anyone know why dbx discontinued the go rack ?
RR437T 7:10 PM - 23 June, 2018
Quote:
does anyone know why dbx discontinued the go rack ?

I can't say why, but if you need something like this, look at a Behringer DEQ2496. It does a lot more and also has digital inputs and outputs. It costs more, but its still not expensive. I think I got mine for about $250 new. You can't go wrong.
Logisticalstyles 12:04 PM - 25 June, 2018
I bought my GoRack for $30. I hardly used it but then checked on ebay and saw they they are going for $100-200. I sold mine for $125.
thorissr 4:18 PM - 25 June, 2018
Quote:
I bought my GoRack for $30. I hardly used it but then checked on ebay and saw they they are going for $100-200. I sold mine for $125.

Picked mine up when they were going for $30. Didn't know they now have tripled in value.
desmorider 2:02 AM - 26 June, 2018
Man I have two of them new in the box. Time to list them on ebay.
DJ JulioYEG 9:35 PM - 29 June, 2018
Quote:
Man I have two of them new in the box. Time to list them on ebay.

im interested pm
RonDu 9:21 PM - 3 July, 2018
I like mines. What I don't like is that the output is lower than if I was to use an outbound mixer. I find myself having to turn up the levels on the speakers.
Logisticalstyles 2:09 PM - 4 July, 2018
That's one of the reasons I sold mine. Also the aux input is even lower.
RR437T 1:39 AM - 6 July, 2018
Quote:

Lower output is no indication of sound quality. If anything, lower output on a budget piece of gear like the GoRack, is probably for the better. Not pushing a cheap line amp hard is a way to increase SQ without additional cost.
Ulrich von Hurtem 2:03 AM - 6 July, 2018
I use my GoRack with active speakers, that are fine with a mic level input. A not quite pro line level signal will not be a problem.
Logisticalstyles 12:38 PM - 6 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Lower output is no indication of sound quality. If anything, lower output on a budget piece of gear like the GoRack, is probably for the better. Not pushing a cheap line amp hard is a way to increase SQ without additional cost.

Who said it was a sound quality issue?

I was agreeing with
Quote:
What I don't like is that the output is lower than if I was to use an outbound mixer. I find myself having to turn up the levels on the speakers.

For me it didn't make sense to add this to my system when the outboard mixer gave me more control over my sound. I'm not a fan of using preset settings either. I prefer to adjust my EQ settings according to the room I'm. Using a preset "POP", or "Bass Boost" setting isn't what I wanted. I tried using the GoRack in a few different situations and each time I ended up reverting to the outboard mixer. Plus the fact that I only spent $30 on it NEW and was able to sell it USED for $125 was more than enough motivation to get rid of it.
17tr2 6:11 PM - 6 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who said it was a sound quality issue?

I was agreeing with
Quote:
What I don't like is that the output is lower than if I was to use an outbound mixer. I find myself having to turn up the levels on the speakers.

For me it didn't make sense to add this to my system when the outboard mixer gave me more control over my sound. I'm not a fan of using preset settings either. I prefer to adjust my EQ settings according to the room I'm. Using a preset "POP", or "Bass Boost" setting isn't what I wanted. I tried using the GoRack in a few different situations and each time I ended up reverting to the outboard mixer. Plus the fact that I only spent $30 on it NEW and was able to sell it USED for $125 was more than enough motivation to get rid of it.

Sorry. It looked like that's what you were implying. People make similar statements all the time about low output being bad in some way. I didn't realize you meant something else.
Logisticalstyles 6:49 PM - 6 July, 2018
It's all good!
Dj Aquaman 3:55 AM - 7 July, 2018
Great piece to keep in your gig bag. If u have a computer failure or other unexpected audio source issues this will save your butt and rep by providing an alternate mixer w a mike and aux input in a very small package. Just have some backup music on an iPad and avoid our worst dj nightmare, SILENCE. I don’t leave home without it.
RonDu 10:03 PM - 10 July, 2018
I use it for house/ backyard parties and bars when I don't need the volume to be banging. Other than those I use an external mixer.
Aptidda 8:49 PM - 11 July, 2018
This legacy DBX piece of hardware is a useless pile of shiat. I have a BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer and have used it at all of my live gigs, the sound difference is night and day compared to not having a Sonic Maximizer.

I have the new On-Stage Stands Studio desk, rack and two corner pieces coming in. I also got a Furhman rack mount power conditioner. When it comes in I'm going to set it up and have my Rane 72 go into the BBE and out to my Monitors. Its going to be amazing.
dj_soo 8:51 PM - 12 July, 2018
the good old "we won't tell you what it does, but I assure you it sounds good" rack and the glorified power bar that costs 3 times the amount.
Aptidda 10:39 PM - 12 July, 2018
ya well if you had a Sonic Maximizer you would clearly be able to tell the difference with and without it. Why? Because it has a Bypass button right on the front and in the center. I would tell you to try one but I can imagine how that Blue Collar working class life is, it can be tough to get a few spare sheckles to drop on gear in your situation.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:08 PM - 12 July, 2018
Sonic Maximizer? I had to look again to see if this was a thread from 2008.
dj_soo 11:17 PM - 12 July, 2018
nah, I spend my money on quality equipment that isn't a glorified loudness button.
RR437T 4:27 AM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

The BBE can't do what they say it can. Its primary function is to correct phase anomalies in the system its placed. It sounds like a good idea, but it can't work. At least with DJ equipment. Any time you employ some form of equalization, phase is altered on the frequencies you are adjusting. It happens in both the analog and digital domain. So if you are using the high, mid and low knobs on your DJ mixer, phase keeps changing in real time, as you turn them. In order for the BBE to work, it would need to adjust the phase as you turn your eq knobs. It may be able to do some good in a system stays the way it is once you complete the setup, But it can't work as advertised in a DJ system.
Logisticalstyles 1:43 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
you would clearly be able to tell the difference with and without it. Why? Because it has a Bypass button right on the front and in the center.

It's all about the Bypass button. lol
Aptidda 3:22 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

The BBE can't do what they say it can. Its primary function is to correct phase anomalies in the system its placed. It sounds like a good idea, but it can't work. At least with DJ equipment. Any time you employ some form of equalization, phase is altered on the frequencies you are adjusting. It happens in both the analog and digital domain. So if you are using the high, mid and low knobs on your DJ mixer, phase keeps changing in real time, as you turn them. In order for the BBE to work, it would need to adjust the phase as you turn your eq knobs. It may be able to do some good in a system stays the way it is once you complete the setup, But it can't work as advertised in a DJ system.

How on earth would you know, do you have one? I was gigging with a Crown CE2000 and JBL TR225's for 10+ years. The BBE Sonic Maximizer made a clear and concise difference in improving the sound quality and output on my setup, even in the Studio while producing tracks it makes a clear difference.

The all-analog BBE Sonic Maximizers restore natural brilliance and clarity to an audio signal by the use of two integrated functions. First, it adjusts the phase relationships between the low, mid and high frequencies through adding progressively longer delay times to lower frequencies, creating a kind of mirror curve to neutralize the effect of loudspeaker phase distortion. Second, the Sonic Maximizer augments higher and lower frequencies as loudspeakers tend to be less efficient in their extreme treble and bass ranges. The end result is a dynamic, program-driven restoration which reveals more of the natural texture and detail in the sound without causing fatigue that is often associated with exciter effects, psychoacoustic processors or excessive use of equalizers.

But what would you peon's know about sound quality, signal processing, power conditioning, cable quality, or as you say "Quality Equipment". More than likely, not much.
17tr2 5:52 PM - 13 July, 2018
"But what would you peon's know about sound quality, signal processing, power conditioning, cable quality, or as you say "Quality Equipment". More than likely, not much."

To be honest, when I read your posts telling other people how good your stuff while they have crap, I have to laugh at how clueless you are. Not only could you ever afford the equipment I have, you don't even know it exists. I say that as an absolute fact. To put it in terms you'll understand, if I'm the one on top of the mountain looking down at you, consider yourself lucky. I'm so much higher up than you my piss will evaporate well before it makes its way down to your level and touches even one of your precious orange hairs.

As for my statements about the BBE not being able to do what it says with DJ equipment, I'm not guessing on that either. Its a fact. All you need is the owners manual to figure it out. Here's what I wrote yesterday.

"Any time you employ some form of equalization, phase is altered on the frequencies you are adjusting. It happens in both the analog and digital domain. So if you are using the high, mid and low knobs on your DJ mixer, phase keeps changing in real time, as you turn them. In order for the BBE to work, it would need to adjust the phase as you turn your eq knobs. It may be able to do some good in a system stays the way it is once you complete the setup, But it can't work as advertised in a DJ system."

You set the BBE up 1 time. It doesn't have the ability to alter phase in real time while you are using the EQ's on your mixer. This is basic audio. You don't need to be an EE to figure any of this out.

"The all-analog BBE Sonic Maximizers restore natural brilliance and clarity to an audio signal by the use of two integrated functions. First, it adjusts the phase relationships between the low, mid and high frequencies through adding progressively longer delay times to lower frequencies, creating a kind of mirror curve to neutralize the effect of loudspeaker phase distortion. Second, the Sonic Maximizer augments higher and lower frequencies as loudspeakers tend to be less efficient in their extreme treble and bass ranges. The end result is a dynamic, program-driven restoration which reveals more of the natural texture and detail in the sound without causing fatigue that is often associated with exciter effects, psychoacoustic processors or excessive use of equalizers."

As for all that crap, its just marketing. I'm just scratching the surface with my comments on phase from yesterday. I could really embarrass them if I were to examine some of the claims they make in that statement.

The end result is this. If you plug the BBE into your system and like the results, that's fine. How ever it works, it works, and I'm not telling you it shouldn't be used. But they make some technical claims that are not true. I make no apologies for exposing them.
Aptidda 6:42 PM - 13 July, 2018
Aww man, i'm sure you have BBE shaking in their boots with all your nonsensical feedback.

"Not only could you ever afford the equipment I have, you don't even know it exists."

LMAO! This certainly has to be one of the most entertaining comments I have ever read. Last time I checked I just bought a $3.2 Million Dollar home in the San Francisco East Bay Area on the golf course. Wait where did you say you were from? How about I hire you to come "outfit" my studio with your so called "high end" gear. Happy to pick you up in my AMG and pay for your flight from whatever poverty stricken, blue collar, working class community that you come from. While your at it I need someone to tend to my Orchard. While you are hard at work I will put some Porterhouse steaks on the grill in my outdoor kitchen.
17tr2 8:10 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Aww man, i'm sure you have BBE shaking in their boots with all your nonsensical feedback.

"Not only could you ever afford the equipment I have, you don't even know it exists."

LMAO! This certainly has to be one of the most entertaining comments I have ever read. Last time I checked I just bought a $3.2 Million Dollar home in the San Francisco East Bay Area on the golf course. Wait where did you say you were from? How about I hire you to come "outfit" my studio with your so called "high end" gear. Happy to pick you up in my AMG and pay for your flight from whatever poverty stricken, blue collar, working class community that you come from. While your at it I need someone to tend to my Orchard. While you are hard at work I will put some Porterhouse steaks on the grill in my outdoor kitchen.

The exact response I was expecting from you. When you don't know what you are talking about, change the subject. Nothing makes people run faster than the facts. I deal with clowns like you every day. Let me ask you this. If you're this big shot multi-millionaire with all this great stuff, what the hell are you doing posting all day long on some internet chat forum? People with real money don't act like you. The only part of your story I believe, is that you cook and eat outside.

The only reason I post of forums like this is to talk about audio. Trust me when I tell you that no one on this web site gives a rats ass about what you have or don't have. If you want to have a discussion about the BBE, or something related, great. But if you can't handle the topic, don't post.
Aptidda 9:47 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The exact response I was expecting from you. When you don't know what you are talking about, change the subject. Nothing makes people run faster than the facts. I deal with clowns like you every day. Let me ask you this. If you're this big shot multi-millionaire with all this great stuff, what the hell are you doing posting all day long on some internet chat forum? People with real money don't act like you. The only part of your story I believe, is that you cook and eat outside.

The only reason I post of forums like this is to talk about audio. Trust me when I tell you that no one on this web site gives a rats ass about what you have or don't have. If you want to have a discussion about the BBE, or something related, great. But if you can't handle the topic, don't post.

I can handle the topic Junior. I got so many things in motion it would make your head spin. People with real money don't act like me huh? Well I must be the first person you have interacted with that has "real" money. Your sorry excuse for a social circle and your social class is comparable to a stinking steaming pile of trash.

Deal with clowns like me everyday huh? Ya sounds about right, I'm sure you do. You probably dig ditches and work with your hands don't you? Now as I peer out the window of my home looking across the Bay I basque in my own personal glory and giggle at the insignificance you bring to this planet.
RonDu 10:43 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
The only part of your story I believe, is that you cook and eat outside.

LMMFAO!!!!

Quote:
...blue collar, working class community that you come from.

Quote:
You probably dig ditches and work with your hands don't you?

Am I missing something here? Is there something wrong with the blue collar working class?

Just asking...
Culprit 10:54 PM - 13 July, 2018
Aptidda still rocking the vanilla ice haircut when he djs
RR437T 11:03 PM - 13 July, 2018
Quote:
Aptidda still rocking the vanilla ice haircut when he djs

No wonder he changed his picture.
desmorider 2:46 AM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:
This legacy DBX piece of hardware is a useless pile of shiat. I have a BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer and have used it at all of my live gigs, the sound difference is night and day compared to not having a Sonic Maximizer.

I have the new On-Stage Stands Studio desk, rack and two corner pieces coming in. I also got a Furhman rack mount power conditioner. When it comes in I'm going to set it up and have my Rane 72 go into the BBE and out to my Monitors. Its going to be amazing.

You did say that you dj at a circus or carnival or something, right?

Because your talking clown shit. A sonic maximizer? Ok
desmorider 2:52 AM - 14 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

How on earth would you know, do you have one? I was gigging with a Crown CE2000 and JBL TR225's for 10+ years. The BBE Sonic Maximizer made a clear and concise difference in improving the sound quality and output on my setup, even in the Studio while producing tracks it makes a clear difference.

The all-analog BBE Sonic Maximizers restore natural brilliance and clarity to an audio signal by the use of two integrated functions. First, it adjusts the phase relationships between the low, mid and high frequencies through adding progressively longer delay times to lower frequencies, creating a kind of mirror curve to neutralize the effect of loudspeaker phase distortion. Second, the Sonic Maximizer augments higher and lower frequencies as loudspeakers tend to be less efficient in their extreme treble and bass ranges. The end result is a dynamic, program-driven restoration which reveals more of the natural texture and detail in the sound without causing fatigue that is often associated with exciter effects, psychoacoustic processors or excessive use of equalizers.

But what would you peon's know about sound quality, signal processing, power conditioning, cable quality, or as you say "Quality Equipment". More than likely, not much.

JBL TR225's? Ok. They were no where near quality speakers. I wouldn't have taken a pair of those for free. The highs were harsh as hell on those.
Aptidda 3:45 PM - 16 July, 2018
Vanilla ice haircut? Absolutely without shame.

Still using passive JBL TR 225's that I bought back in the early 2000's and have never let me down yet throw my back out every time I transport. For sure.

Using a 900LB Crown CE2000 AMP that I keep in an awkwardly shaped oversized SKB road case that continuously pulls my shoulder and/or neck muscles whilst carrying and transporting? Of course.
deejaybman 7:32 PM - 10 August, 2018
Just used mine because I didn't have any DI boxes and wanted to convert rca/quarter inch outputs to XLR outputs. I rent sound and a lot of the dj's here have the old DDJ SR's and SB's that only have RCA outputs.
17tr2 8:39 PM - 10 August, 2018
You don't use a direct box to convert rca connectors to xlr connectors. You use them to convert a single ended signal to balanced. The fact that the connectors are different is incidental. If you just need to change connectors, use adapters. The only reason I bring this up, is that if you're not aware of what the DI box does or doesn't do, you can damage your equipment.
Monsta' Alliance 2:45 AM - 14 May, 2019
Is anyone still using the DBX Gorack? I have a pair of DXR 15 and 2 DXS 15. What would be a good processor to use or a pre-amp?
Dj Ace 5:01 AM - 14 May, 2019
makes most speakers sound better..
RonDu 12:17 AM - 15 May, 2019
I use it the majority of the times. Since my speakers don't have that adjustable DSP stuff on it it makes it sound almost as good as using an outbound mixer. And I like the EQ presets.

What I didn't like was the output. Didn't seem like it was powerful enough until recently I've been using the Mic-In setting on my "ins" and now it is loud as f*ck. I just make sure the input indicators aren't bleeding and I've been good to go. I don't think it is something you're supposed to do but so far no issues. And it was only $30.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:55 PM - 15 May, 2019
Quote:
I use it the majority of the times. Since my speakers don't have that adjustable DSP stuff on it it makes it sound almost as good as using an outbound mixer. And I like the EQ presets.

What I didn't like was the output. Didn't seem like it was powerful enough until recently I've been using the Mic-In setting on my "ins" and now it is loud as f*ck. I just make sure the input indicators aren't bleeding and I've been good to go. I don't think it is something you're supposed to do but so far no issues. And it was only $30.

Still to this day for the price....one of the best pieces of gear bought.
Ulrich von Hurtem 11:04 PM - 15 May, 2019
I use mine all the time, to mix, compress, anti feedback announcer mics at the Roller Derby.

I'm glad I got one when I did. There are no longer even overpriced ones on eBay.

I hope my GoRack never needs replacing. I don't fancy having to pay for, carry, and hook up a mixer, compressor, and feedback destroyer.
Culprit 12:55 AM - 16 May, 2019
i have a few i have not touched but I know someday i will pull them out and be amazed with it since ive heard tons of good feedback on them
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:35 PM - 16 May, 2019
Quote:
I use mine all the time, to mix, compress, anti feedback announcer mics at the Roller Derby.

I'm glad I got one when I did. There are no longer even overpriced ones on eBay.

I hope my GoRack never needs replacing. I don't fancy having to pay for, carry, and hook up a mixer, compressor, and feedback destroyer.

Mics are exactly what I use it for. Beats carrying a mixing board if I don't have to.
DJ JulioYEG 11:46 PM - 18 May, 2019
Quote:
i have a few i have not touched but I know someday i will pull them out and be amazed with it since ive heard tons of good feedback on them

sell me one?
Monsta' Alliance 3:23 AM - 20 May, 2019
Thank you guys for the info. PS. My speakers have DSP technology like the Gorack. I do hope using the Gorack with my speakers won't cause any cancel.
desmorider 4:14 AM - 20 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

sell me one?

where are you located? I have one brand new in the box.
DJ JulioYEG 9:59 PM - 20 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sell me one?

where are you located? I have one brand new in the box.

Canada in the province of alberta
Christ beats I. 12:47 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1x dbx GoRack
2x Wharfedale Titan 12"

You have 2 -12 tops I would be very careful of over processing and blowing them. 2 DSPs is a tad much.

Totally agree. You only REALLY need either the DBX of the Citronic there.