Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

An idea to rival Pioneer

djscottallen 2:13 AM - 28 September, 2016
Hi, I have an idea for you, but I won't give it away for free. I had this idea 16 years ago but never did anything with it. It's kinda what I do, I'm an idea guy.

So basically, Pioneer is making huge strides in trying to corner the dj market. I have an idea that will catapult you far ahead.

Let me know if you want the idea. I'll need a signed non-disclosure agreement via email. If you like the idea, and you seriously should, we can discuss compensation. If not, no sweat. :)

Thanks,
Scott
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:25 AM - 28 September, 2016
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately we don't solicit product ideas from outside of Serato, but we appreciate the offer :)

Cheers,
Michael.
AKIEM 4:47 AM - 29 September, 2016
I will sign your NDA, hit me up fam.

Cheers,
AKIEM.
djscottallen 11:40 PM - 29 September, 2016
Hi Akiem, thank you for your interest! Are you affiliated with Serato or another hardware/software/DJ/production company? my email is scottallenbrogan@gmail.com please contact me with your email so we can discuss further.

Scott
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:54 PM - 29 September, 2016
AKIEM is a long time Serato forum member, but is not affiliated with Serato :)
maarawoe 5:43 AM - 30 September, 2016
Ah I haven't seen this offering post since last evening on the Pioneer forum.
Interresting that there you said nothing about destroying Pioneer.. :-D
AKIEM 6:07 AM - 30 September, 2016
lol
djscottallen 2:59 PM - 30 September, 2016
If you're not serious about this post then bugger off. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to try and match wits with a half wit.
djscottallen 3:27 PM - 30 September, 2016
this post was made just before or just after the Pioneer one. I didn't know I would receive such negative crappy comments from people. I never would have put it on there. God forbid people don't give their ideas away for free... Pioneer and the like are taking your ideas and laughing their ass off all the way to the bank. lol
AKIEM 6:32 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
If you're not serious about this post then bugger off. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to try and match wits with a half wit.

...shouldnt be any trouble, but...

Quote:
this post was made just before or just after the Pioneer one. I didn't know I would receive such negative crappy comments from people. I never would have put it on there. God forbid people don't give their ideas away for free... Pioneer and the like are taking your ideas and laughing their ass off all the way to the bank. lol

Possible, but I doubt it.

There is a reason companies do not accept unsolicited product ideas. They would easily be opened to law suits from people claiming they originated an idea that may already have been been conceived, designed, tested and maybe already in production. Then you could come along and claim they stole it.

Its a catch 22.

The only real options are give your ideas freely. Which is what I do when I know its not something I could bring to market myself. Patent it (if its patentable). Or somehow develop a relationship with the company, they may feel comfortable discussing some things with you behind the scenes.

I share many ideas, plenty other ideas I don't because I might possibly be able to patent them or do something with it...........

But as far as crappy comments - stick around, you aint seen shit yet - LMAO!
djscottallen 9:04 PM - 30 September, 2016
well said. Ya that makes sense that they keep themselves closed off to money based ideas for that reason, or I should say it makes sense that they would say that lol . Maybe to cover up the real reasons, but hey what am I gonna do. Stay off the forums, that's what i'm gonna do. haha They can have it. As you say, I'll either make it myself or throw it in the gigantic pile of awesome ideas gone to no use at all until ten years later some guy brings it up in a forum for someone to capitalize on. But I'll be damned if Pioneer takes my idea for free and makes a million dollars off it. Crappy comments, ya i forgot that forums are a bunch of internet gangsters looking to disgrace people or bash them publicly just for a little attention or to boost their own ego. Pretty sad actually. me.... I don't have that problem. me.... I always tell the truth.... even when i lie.
AKIEM 9:32 PM - 30 September, 2016
I always tell the truth. And Im gangster online and off line too...

But, I've come up with a lot of ideas worth plenty money that a large company ends up creating. Is what it is. They are in position, I am not. For me it comes down do I want to try and influence these companies? Yes.

Unless, I can capitalize on it myself.

Next year I will be bringing a product to market if everything goes somewhat smooth.
My prototypes are shaping up good, and Im speaking to manufacturers, investors, fulfillment and etc.
djscottallen 11:08 PM - 30 September, 2016
Same here. Southern California man lol. Anyway, nice Akiem! Good luck on your project, i hope it's a success and hits the mark you're expecting :) Gotta get that money
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:28 AM - 11 October, 2016
On the flip side, it's only a matter of time before someone else comes up with a similar idea to you.

Some things are going to be done anyways.

I remember having an idea a few years back and I sat on it, now someone else is making a killing of a similar idea.

So if your goal is making money you have to be able to take the risk and start working on it.
djscottallen 6:46 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
On the flip side, it's only a matter of time before someone else comes up with a similar idea to you.

Some things are going to be done anyways.

I remember having an idea a few years back and I sat on it, now someone else is making a killing of a similar idea.

So if your goal is making money you have to be able to take the risk and start working on it.

dude that's so weird you say that right now lol I literally haven't even spoke about my ideas and inventions since this post and now I just posted about this on facebook right this second. I was saying how people all have gifts, and my gift is inventions and ideas. They're like lightning storms in my brain that I can't stop. Other people can build awesome things out of metal and wood, others are excellent at critical thinking, others at music and art, etc... but so many talented people are never able to use thier gifts because this life is crazy, it's like the relentless waves and tides in hawaii, and I know becasue i've surfed those waves lol. Ya, of course, go and patent it and build it yourself, but for people like me, if I were ever able to CHOOSE just ONE idea and run with it, it would probably be invented by the time it was finished hahahaa. it's happened like hundreds of times to me. I invented Netflix 12 or 13 years before it's inception. Before the internet even took solid shape and was widely used. But alas, I kept asking people how to go about making it and I was just too young and didn't have the know how, bottom line is this society is crazy. So many wasted talents, so much greed and so much money just for a handful of businesses. It's just sad really. I literally just posted all of this on facebook right now lol
John Calipari 8:16 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:

Quote:
Hi, I have an idea for you, but I won't give it away for free. I had this idea 16 years ago but never did anything with it. It's kinda what I do, I'm an idea guy.

So basically, Pioneer is making huge strides in trying to corner the dj market. I have an idea that will catapult you far ahead.

Let me know if you want the idea. I'll need a signed non-disclosure agreement via email. If you like the idea, and you seriously should, we can discuss compensation. If not, no sweat. :)

Thanks,
Scott

You realize that posting your idea on any forum that time stamps would make it your intellectual property and would hold up in any patent court if it came to that, unless the idea was proven to have existed prior to your time stamp.
djscottallen 9:18 PM - 11 October, 2016
Interesting. How many people you think got paid for their idea on here or any other forum? Contrary wise, how many extremely large companies downsized their idea/advertising departments when software/hardware "suggestion" forums were invented? Is there a "get paid for your awesome idea" forum? Nope. Food for thought
AKIEM 11:23 PM - 11 October, 2016
Hmmm... think I would advise against using time stamp on an open forum to protect your intellectual property.... lol
John Calipari 11:53 PM - 11 October, 2016
Quote:
Interesting. How many people you think got paid for their idea on here or any other forum? Contrary wise, how many extremely large companies downsized their idea/advertising departments when software/hardware "suggestion" forums were invented? Is there a "get paid for your awesome idea" forum? Nope. Food for thought

Happens with Software Programing, character likenesses, Authoring Books and creating music all the time.
deejdave 1:23 AM - 12 October, 2016
Probably why they have forum rules prohibiting the posting of any products or services serato.com
Furthermore most likely protected by their own website T&C policies which clearly state: "All content including, but not limited to, text, images and software that are hosted or stored on Serato Servers are owned, licensed or controlled by Serato."

Not anything anyone is forced to agree with by any means but again "If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions please do not use and/or contribute to Serato websites."
Corello dj-Brazil 11:49 AM - 12 October, 2016
The problem is not only mine, it reaches all the djs (in the world) that use the S9 for use on the dance floor. There was until recently an agreement to use the Rane 62 mixer or any Pioneer using the controller SP1 effects. In this configuration, the control of the effects work very well. With the release of DJM S9 two things happened: 1) - the effects of Serato NOT work properly 2) -The SP1 that did so well lost functionality as the S9 VOID your control intensity (parameters) that were ideal for the effects of Serato package .........

Corello dj /Brazil
Marv Incredible 2:34 PM - 13 October, 2016
^huh?
Corello dj-Brazil 3:31 PM - 13 October, 2016
I think the language barrier added a bad Google translation do with you not understand my problem. Take the test: use Serato effects package (shedder, echo Out, etc.) in the S9 .... then use in any Mixer with Sp1 ....... if u get the same parameters .... .I'm crazy
Marv Incredible 4:00 PM - 13 October, 2016
I think I get what you mean. Is it:
1) The Pioneer SP1 doesn't work the same way if used in conjunction with an S9. Or vice versa?

2) Of if you're using an S9, adding an SP1 messes up the FX parameters on the S9? Or vice versa?

The main thing that threw me is the fact that you posted in this, seemingly totally unrelated thread.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:56 PM - 22 October, 2016
Quote:
AKIEM is a long time Serato forum member, but is not affiliated with Serato :)

Wait, what?

But...but...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:01 AM - 23 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,
Scott

You realize that posting your idea on any forum that time stamps would make it your intellectual property and would hold up in any patent court if it came to that, unless the idea was proven to have existed prior to your time stamp.

LMAO...

Cats MSU...
BARRY SCOTT 3:44 AM - 26 October, 2016
@djscottallen

Do you have something actually working or is it just an idea?

If just an idea, share it, you've waited 16 years do you want to wait 16 more?
Leafie 8:50 PM - 26 October, 2016
I have an idea..........
BARRY SCOTT 5:53 AM - 27 October, 2016
Me too, have them all the time. Luckily for me the software I use has an API so I can bodge code together.
BARRY SCOTT 6:04 AM - 27 October, 2016
Knocked together a plugin about 2 week ago for a guy who had an idea for 10 years, 3 days after talking to me, I've been paid and he's got his 'precious'
AKIEM 6:18 AM - 27 October, 2016
Interesting