Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Ableton link work mode

Víctor Rodríguez 8:30 AM - 27 September, 2016
Hi

Ableton link is working good and is a great new feature after the bridge but would be better in some ways.

The bpm on ableton don't change with velocity changes of the turntable, so would be good midi asing for the link function in ableton to active and disactive when i want.

Ableton link sync serato decks with ableton and if i want sync ableton with serato decks i need activate first link on serato and then on ableton. Ableton don't follow the velocity change on serato decks and will be better that ableton follow velocity changes in some cases.

Perhaps a great feature for the future would be select differents works modes of the ableton link function in serato, follow or not follow, sync serato with ableton or ableton with serato. Master or slave mode, follow or not follow velocity changes on the decks.

Thanks for support and good work!!

Regards!!
boabmatic 8:50 AM - 5 October, 2016
its because DVS does not have smart sync yet.

If you use a controller or internal mode with smart sync the tempo will follow in ableton.

If we get DVS smart sync mode enabled it will work but there is some issues with the wow/flutter of the turntable that makes this tricky to implement.
AKIEM 3:54 PM - 5 October, 2016
imo, Serato really doesn't give a fuck about DVS anymore, of course they will say otherwise. but...

It will be sad if other apps do it first.

Wow/flutter should easily be dealt with by having a 'low buffer' between the grid and sync clock. And the alignment controlled by bpm/speed. This way the sync is always trying to lock to the grid, but it does it slow and ignoring the wow/flutter.

("easy" being relative of course)

It's too bad the grid doesn't work this way as well (in overview building) snapping to transients for cuts that drift bpm.

But like I said, I don't think they give a fuck about advancing DVS at this point. And maybe no one does....